PDA

View Full Version : my pf-fb-aep intall removes fb-aep during installment

heilped
05-18-2005, 04:52 AM
First i couldnt even choose the merge-intall-option, but after cleaning the register of any il2 entrys and start from beginning, I could
When I try to install the pf-fb-aep from my pf cd:s, it starts with removing my fb-aep intallment. This doesnt seem right.
I have tried both to intall on 2.0 and on 2.03 and 2.04.

Can anybody give me hint, please!

heilped
05-18-2005, 04:52 AM
First i couldnt even choose the merge-intall-option, but after cleaning the register of any il2 entrys and start from beginning, I could
When I try to install the pf-fb-aep from my pf cd:s, it starts with removing my fb-aep intallment. This doesnt seem right.
I have tried both to intall on 2.0 and on 2.03 and 2.04.

Can anybody give me hint, please!

tjaika1910
05-18-2005, 10:32 AM
????

If you install PF merged over fb-aep it becomes fb-aep-pf. What is the problem? Do you want both fp merged and an earlier version like 2.04 on same pc? Havent tried, but after fp merged, try install fb-ace again in a different folder.

I have made batch runs so I could have different versions on same install, but I think it is so many files different from 2.04 to 3.05m that is not adviceable.

heilped
05-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Well, I know that it shoud become pf-fb-aep.
But for me its like pf-fb-aep minus fb-aep, a lot of essential files missing. Nore becomes it the pf-stand-alone.
During installation it says "are you sure you want to completly delete fb-aep?" (or something like that)
Thanks for responding though.

DeerHunterUK
05-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Bit late now but what you could of done was to make a dual install (if you've got the hard drive space). Copy across all the files from your FB\AEP directory into a new directory and then install PF into your old directory. This is what my squad does everytime a new patch is released and you'll be able to play FB\AEP or PF\FB\AEP to your heart's content.

heilped
05-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes, thanks for the tip, That solves part of my trouble.
However I would still want to know why the installation behaves differntly on my two computers; with one it works fine, with the other as abow.
Maby I can install it on my old one and then copy the entier folder into my new one? Will register problems accure?