PDA

View Full Version : New aircrafts in Dynamic campaign - Starshoy/Ian Boyds ?

jagdmailer
01-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Hello Mr. Maddox, Starshoy, and to whom this may concern.

If I could have a single request - it would be great to ensure that as new planes or new variants of existing planes (either flyable or AI) are added to the sim in add-on and patches, that they would become available in Dynamic campaigns as historically available (ie. where and when available given the set of maps we have in FB/AEP/PF) at the very least as AI (enemy or friendly).

I recall on several occasions when new planes or variants of existing planes are added, they were not necessarily included in the Dynamic campaign system in the different patches. That would really make my day.

Example: When A-20 was added to the game with PF, I would exect it to show up at least as an AI friendly for a allied campaign on Western Front, or as enemy AI for axis campaign if that aircraft was available in that particular given theater of operations.

I only play offline and the dynamic campaigns are basically bread and butter for me. It's great to have new planes, but if they are not integrated in the Dynamic campaign system for the given historical theater of operations/maps available in AEP/PF, then it's of very limited use for offline players - except for some playing around in the QMB which quickly gets boring.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jagd

jagdmailer
01-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Hello Mr. Maddox, Starshoy, and to whom this may concern.

If I could have a single request - it would be great to ensure that as new planes or new variants of existing planes (either flyable or AI) are added to the sim in add-on and patches, that they would become available in Dynamic campaigns as historically available (ie. where and when available given the set of maps we have in FB/AEP/PF) at the very least as AI (enemy or friendly).

I recall on several occasions when new planes or variants of existing planes are added, they were not necessarily included in the Dynamic campaign system in the different patches. That would really make my day.

Example: When A-20 was added to the game with PF, I would exect it to show up at least as an AI friendly for a allied campaign on Western Front, or as enemy AI for axis campaign if that aircraft was available in that particular given theater of operations.

I only play offline and the dynamic campaigns are basically bread and butter for me. It's great to have new planes, but if they are not integrated in the Dynamic campaign system for the given historical theater of operations/maps available in AEP/PF, then it's of very limited use for offline players - except for some playing around in the QMB which quickly gets boring.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jagd

jagdmailer
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Bump.....

Jagd

SeaFireLIV
01-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I wholeheartedly agree and add my support.

Jordan_72
01-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Great post jaddmailer !
This is exactly what i was asking for a long time ago and what would still make me happy.

Its sad when u fly in BoE Normandie for LW and everytime only meet P51s, P47s and B17s again and again and again .....
when you now there could be Spitfires, P38s, A20s, B24s, B25s and so on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

jagdmailer
01-20-2005, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jordan_72:
Great post jaddmailer !
This is exactly what i was asking for a long time ago and what would still make me happy.

Its sad when u fly in BoE Normandie for LW and everytime only meet P51s, P47s and B17s again and again and again .....
when you now there could be Spitfires, P38s, A20s, B24s, B25s and so on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I meant !

Jagd

ZG77_Lignite
01-20-2005, 06:28 PM
It is possible to add/adjust these planes as you wish, for yourself (or others). Whether it is Starshoy's/Oleg's job to spend time and resources on adjusting these things for us is a whole different question, which I don't feel requires a comment.

In the short term, there was a gentleman at SimHQ that 'rebuilt' all of the East Front campaigns, with most (don't know about Parasite TB-3 Seafire) new aircraft and objects included, where applicable. An amazingly large amount of work, which has added to my enjoyment of offline campaigns.

BaldieJr
01-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Would it be possible to get a link to the gentlemans work? Or a thread at simhq?

jagdmailer
01-20-2005, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZG77_Lignite:
It is possible to add/adjust these planes as you wish, for yourself (or others). Whether it is Starshoy's/Oleg's job to spend time and resources on adjusting these things for us is a whole different question, which I don't feel requires a comment.

In the short term, there was a gentleman at SimHQ that 'rebuilt' all of the East Front campaigns, with most (don't know about Parasite TB-3 Seafire) new aircraft and objects included, where applicable. An amazingly large amount of work, which has added to my enjoyment of offline campaigns. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but I do not have the time to be bothered. This is why I buy.

Jagd

Aeronautico
01-21-2005, 02:52 AM
I would like to see many more variants of planes in the campaigns, especially but not exclusively for what the AI planes are concerned (random flights, static objects, composition of mission flights, etc.).

sithgod
01-21-2005, 04:22 AM
I only fly offline as well so the Dynamic camps are my main interest. I not long got AEP and it added some new dynamic camps which is cool and alot of new planes but a fair amount of the planes are not available or don't have their own dynamic camps to fly in. Some do I am doing the Finish ones now and got to chose the Gladiator and Hurricane which I couldnt before. But I would love to see new campaigns done. I am happy to buy them if they are decent. I want to fly the Spits and P-51's. The Go-229 and would love to do a French and Polish campaign.

I have heard rumors that when BoB comes FB will be opened up a little to allow more 3rd party releases. I don't know if thats true or not. If it is we might get alot of new content.

marmossel
01-21-2005, 07:49 AM
The link:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=127;t=000253#000000

jagdmailer
01-21-2005, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buerebistas:
The link:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=127;t=000253#000000 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the link but this is the rational and professional business way to do it for whoever is in charge of this at Maddox/1C or third party:

Once new aircrafts become available in pay add-ons (ie. PF) or patches, those aircrafts (flyable or AI) should be added to the campaigns already existing in the game at this point when and where historically available as the addon(s) or patch(s) are being released.

Regards,

Jagd

GT182
01-21-2005, 09:44 AM
You could also try Lowengrins DCG 3.06 for dynamic campaigns. [In the download section.]http://www.lowengrin.com/content.php?article.cat.8

It can be tricky to start so read the included readme for 3.06 carefully. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SeaFireLIV
01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
That`s right, GT182. I use it too cos it`s the only way to fly some of the aircraft that WERE on the Eastern Front, but DGEN doesn`t make available as well as other things, like the fact that while DGEN`s PF is somewhat dynamic, DGEN`s Eastern Front is still undynamic (you could destroy enemy supply trucks/tanks/ whatever for days and it still has no effect to the overall war effort).

But I wasn`t going to mention DCG, cos I still want to try and encourage Stashoy to work on adding ALL planes to ALL Campaigns, including AI aircraft where possible. Some cannot be included, like the Mistel, I know, but many others seem Forgotten.

Starshoy, I know you respond seldom to these requests, but your DGEN is still good, you just need to put a little more into adding DIFFERENT AI planes (and player planes) to the Eastern Front and BOE. And the point-scoring system in PF needs to be added in the EF too.

But will you listen? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Capt._Tenneal
01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Not only that, the new objects introduced in 3.03 need to be included in DGEN somehow. The fires, landing lights etc. I don't know how much work that would take, since it's not a question of just adding a new line to a .db file, but it would be nice to see them included.

I'd also like to give a big THANKS to the makers of the user-made campaigns. That is why we still need you guys, or we'll never see these new planes and objects in a proper campaign. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

cwojackson
01-21-2005, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Thanks for the link but this is the rational and professional business way to do it for whoever is in charge of this at Maddox/1C or third party:

Once new aircrafts become available in pay add-ons (ie. PF) or patches, those aircrafts (flyable or AI) should be added to the campaigns already existing in the game at this point when and where historically available as the addon(s) or patch(s) are being released.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I totally agree. I buy the sim to use and enjoy, not to develop the means (campaigns) to enjoy it myself.

One of the main reasons I bought AEP was to play the European theater...only to find that 1CMaddox simply provided additional planes and no campaign support for them.

I was hoping that the campaign situation would improve with PF but if anything it seems to have gotten worse.

t0n.
01-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Agreed. 100%

The only bright spot on the horizon is the Euro Mapping team with the Kurland campaigns! I for one cant wait!

GregSM
01-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Seafire, others,

If you will forgive having to follow events tending to originate from SimHQ, you will see that Starshoy responds to nearly every enquiry he receives, while he has transposed user desire into a generous succession of DGen revisions that culminate in the present version.

Just the same, perhaps it's right that new planes and other new objects should feature immediately in the campaigns. But, of course, what's right and what is do not agree necessarily, and in the present case we may have to accept the reality of finite resources. It's a pity but hardly unreasonable or unusual - and not fatal either!

Please see this thread:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=127;t=000253#000000

There's a version of a new set of eastern campaigns available from the link provided in the thread above. Currently, I'm nearing completion of a further revision that will include the Finish campaigns, along with assorted general enhancements.

By the way, Seafire, assuming I've gathered something of your understanding of "dynamic", you're underestimating DGen. For instance, attrition of essentially all object types is recorded - from aircraft and flight crew to private houses. And this is so throughout even the eastern campaigns. (Indeed, some object classes have been tracked since the original incarnation of the game, despite its notoriously "static" campaigns.) I cannot say comprehensively in what way or to what extent does this effect campaigns, but it seems reasonable to me to suppose that in some way it does, or why else bother to have it?

Cheers,

Greg

SeaFireLIV
01-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanx, GregSM for informing us of this. I`d probably be on SimHQ as much as here, but for some reason it refuses to accept my online address.

Perhaps if Starshoy just addressed some of our concerns here then the frustration that has built up from the apparent silence would not be so great.

Now the fact that everything is recorded sounds good. I know aircraft change and crew gain experience, but would destroying a column of tanks or supply trucks actually prevent the enemy from capturing a certain location, even turning the tide as can be done in PF?

I play DGEN (as well as DCG) a lot and I`ve not seen it yet on the Eastern Front. It just doesn`t feel like anything changes (except for aircraft and crew) regarding the war - the outcome is always identical. If there could be some kind of points allocation affecting who wins similar to PF then that would certainly help.

Perhaps one day, we`ll have those extra planes and even the `demotion` system for shooting down friendlies, etc that Starshoy did tell us he would do a couple of years ago (yes, I still remember).

Anyway, thanks for the link and I`ve D\L the updated Dgen so I`ll try that and see what it`s like.

GregSM
01-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi Seafire,

"Thanx, GregSM for informing us of this. I`d probably be on SimHQ as much as here, but for some reason it refuses to accept my online address."

Try emailing administration. As you're interested in campaigns, I expect you'll not regret the hassle.

"Perhaps if Starshoy just addressed some of our concerns here then the frustration that has built up from the apparent silence would not be so great."

Fair enough. But I don't blame him when SimHQ provides a ready pool of legitimate criticism. The same is true of this place, but it seems to me that the litter of malcontents obscures its location.

"Now the fact that everything is recorded sounds good. I know aircraft change and crew gain experience, but would destroying a column of tanks or supply trucks actually prevent the enemy from capturing a certain location, even turning the tide as can be done in PF?"

The tide of eastern campaigns cannot, as such, be turned. It can be ******ed or accelerated subtly, and the status of assets like supply trucks effects the process. But the end is fated.

"thanks for the link and I`ve D\L the updated Dgen so I`ll try that and see what it`s like."

I hope you like it - at least you will find all the new planes are functional where appropriate.

Cheers,

Greg

jeroen_R90S
01-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Wow, this sounds great!

Downloading now!

Jeroen

jagdmailer
01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Bump!

Jagd

jagdmailer
02-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Bump for new aircrafts to be added to dynamic campaigns as they are released.

Jagd

Gato__Loco
02-07-2005, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GregSM:
"Now the fact that everything is recorded sounds good. I know aircraft change and crew gain experience, but would destroying a column of tanks or supply trucks actually prevent the enemy from capturing a certain location, even turning the tide as can be done in PF?"

The tide of eastern campaigns cannot, as such, be turned. It can be ******ed or accelerated subtly, and the status of assets like supply trucks effects the process. But the end is fated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a big DCG fan. As far as I know, in the missions generated by Lowegrin's DCG there is a direct effect between your actions and the situation on the next generated mission. If you destroy the tank column heading to a town, that location won't be captured by the enemy. The rate of movement of trucks and tanks depend on fuel supplies, so destroying them slows down the movement of the front, etc. So the campaings feeel much more dynamic than DGEN's, in particular when you are doing ground attack missions.

mortoma
02-08-2005, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZG77_Lignite:

In the short term, there was a gentleman at SimHQ that 'rebuilt' all of the East Front campaigns, with most (don't know about Parasite TB-3 Seafire) new aircraft and objects included, where applicable. An amazingly large amount of work, which has added to my enjoyment of offline campaigns. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree wholeheartedly! I had to add the P-40C to the Russian campaign system myself to enjoy it as it should be enjoyed. And while I scarcely had to lift a finger to edit it in, Starshoy could have easily done all this a long time ago. Don't understand why he can't do it.
I'm very knowledgeable about editing the files, as are many, but yet many people are not, especially those new to the sim. It should not be our job to edit stuff, plain and simple. And another thing to consider is that often when we install patches, most of the time there are Dgen files that Starshoy has added to the patch that often overwrite edits I have done and then I have to edit the Dgen files all over again. I have had my handywork undone in this fashion many times. Especially the DB files and also planes***.dat files.

jagdmailer
02-08-2005, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortoma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:

Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree wholeheartedly! I had to add the P-40C to the Russian campaign system myself to enjoy it as it should be enjoyed. And while I scarcely had to lift a finger to edit it in, Starshoy could have easily done all this a long time ago. Don't understand why he can't do it.
I'm very knowledgeable about editing the files, as are many, but yet many people are not, especially those new to the sim. It should not be our job to edit stuff, plain and simple. And another thing to consider is that often when we install patches, most of the time there are Dgen files that Starshoy has added to the patch that often overwrite edits I have done and then I have to edit the Dgen files all over again. I have had my handywork undone in this fashion many times. Especially the DB files and also planes***.dat files. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly Mortoma!

Thanks for your input.

Jagd