PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby Timing Bars Not Updating???

bmoffa
08-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I posted this on the Hyperlobby site a couple of days ago but have not gotten a response. So, I'll try here.

About 2 weeks ago the timing bars that show reponse time estimates in the game server list stopped getting updated, or are getting updated wrong. They are now ALL showing all red bars all the time. I was getting timing readings previously. The actually game response have NOT changed. It is just more difficult to choose a game when you don't know how fast it will respond before you selecte it.

Anybody got a guess as to what's happend?

bmoffa
08-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I posted this on the Hyperlobby site a couple of days ago but have not gotten a response. So, I'll try here.

About 2 weeks ago the timing bars that show reponse time estimates in the game server list stopped getting updated, or are getting updated wrong. They are now ALL showing all red bars all the time. I was getting timing readings previously. The actually game response have NOT changed. It is just more difficult to choose a game when you don't know how fast it will respond before you selecte it.

Anybody got a guess as to what's happend?

Daiichidoku
08-13-2007, 02:24 PM
do u know that u can left click the bars, and reping them?

bmoffa
08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes. Tried that many times. They always stay ALL RED.

SlickStick
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Is the program "Aping.exe" still running in the background? This is part of the HyperLobby software that controls the pinging.

Have you recently installed a new firewall? You may have to allow the program "aping" access through it to get ping updates.

bmoffa
08-13-2007, 02:54 PM
You may be on the right track. APing.exe is running and is now in the execption list in my local firewall. (I just added it)

However, that did not help. I am also behind a network firewall that I don't control. Something may have changed there.