PDA

View Full Version : Radar

Chr1s1968
02-25-2008, 01:50 AM
HI Second question

I have recently installed a radar. There is toggle switch in for radar range a close in and distant target. Which direction is which on the switch? There is also a read out for the distance of the target but have never seen any values displayed

hueywolf123
02-25-2008, 02:40 AM
G'day Kaleun, if you leave the radar set on, you may have some unwanted attention from above.
Use this very sparingly, and keep your eyes peeled

Foehammer-1
02-25-2008, 09:55 AM
You never see any values? That's strange.

If you search manually (remember, the bearings are backwards in stock game), you should see a spike on the screen. Once you do, stop rotating the wheel, and the range should be displayed. If it's not for some odd reason, i believe the Y-axis of the spike represents the range, so just read it off the scale.

Remember though, radar is only useful in calm weather and heavy fog, since it seems to only pick up ships within 5km or so... And by the time it does, they have already tracked you and steaming towards your boat in attack run.

My advice- don't use it. It's more trouble than it's worth, since even if you DO find a convoy 5km away in heavy fog, it is nearly impossible to attack anyway.

Chr1s1968
02-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Thank-you for the advice