PDA

View Full Version : locking views

weatherman1492
04-17-2007, 07:13 AM
how do you disable the mouse panning the view in original il2 sturmovik? then, how do you unlock it again? i'm using a mouse as yoke utility, and while it does move the plane, it also moves the view which is undesirable in many cases.

thanks in advance,
C

p-11.cAce
04-17-2007, 07:21 AM
I've tried this in the past and I don't think it is possible. I tried a workaround using ppjoy as a mouse joystick emulator and cranking up the mouse sensitivity in my logitech software so minimal mouse movements would allow me to fly. Never really got it to work out. There are some threads floating around from a year or so ago - maybe check the search and see what is available.

*update* - I just checked the search and did not find any sure solutions. There are some suggestions about altering the congfig file but none seemed to pan out. If you have trackIR you "might" be able to pull it off, but if you have the $$ for trackIR you could just buy a cheap joystick and be done with it. If you want the mouse control to fly at work/school the trackIR workaround won't help much anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

weatherman1492
04-17-2007, 08:29 AM
yeah, i'm using ppjoy......so i guess there's no solution. ppjoy works good on cfs3, & lock on modern air combat though.

i have PF, but haven't installed it yet. would PF have the same prob as IL2 with mouse panning view?

thanks,
C

major_setback
04-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Look at the file marked 'conf' in the main game folder. There is a section in there called [mouseXYZ].
you could try altering some of the settings there and see if that works. Of course back up the original before making any changes!!!!!