PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

josephs1959
04-21-2006, 07:00 PM
AEP+FB+PF. Has anyone ever moved Il-2 from one drive to another only to find that it didn't work? Whether or not you un-installed it and then re-installed it? This is the MOST finicky game there is! D-drive was full and I decided to move the games to be with themselves( all games) onto C-drive. I have four hardrives one for OP and esential programs. One for music-songs. One for games.I have 4 Four other games on my comp. There wasn't a problem with moving THEM from one drive to another. rts.dll. Now I have a game that won't give the correct skins for the correct Nationality. Nor will it load and play a pilot career. Only quick missions. The patches 2.04m to 4.01m will not load! absolutelty Frustrating!

willyvic
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
It sounds like you did not do an install to the C drive but just cut and pasted from the D drive. Correct?

As the game is not all that registry dependent, you can have as many installs as you like on as many drives as you like. But if the original install was on the D drive and you just deleted it, maybe the game needs the original install location to run multiple copies correctly.

I have multiple installs but I have never deleted the original. I just COPIED the directories to the other drives.

Anyone else have a clue?

WV.

ronison
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I have moved mine around about four times total and each time deleted the old copy. All have worked just fine.

Did you repath your shortcut. If you did not the old one is looking for IL-2 on your D drive. You will have to go into explorer and find your execute file for IL-2 on the C drive and make a new short cut. Do that and it should work.... at least it has for me each time I moved it.

josephs1959
04-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys that helps alot. I'm learning.

Tully__
04-22-2006, 05:32 AM
If you do the move correctly (including the new shortcut) the only problem you'll have is installing new pay add-ons... they are the only thing that looks for the registry entry that a proper install makes.