PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to try the most painful psychological thing ever. *Kinda Off Topic.*



iPlunder
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
The moment i step into my door after getting the game, I'm Setting my timer for 30 minutes, and see if i can resist playing the game. I'm going to sit it in front of me right next to my 360 and watch TV. its the ultimate psychological test. Who thinks i can do it?

AzureAssassin
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Not happenin.

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
It's a resistance test, to see if i can stop myself for something i have been waiting almost 2 years for.

joshuagiraffe
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
You wont even make it to the timer.

olendvcook
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
i'll have to do it because i will most likely have homework tomorrow

Hassan-Sabbah
11-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I have been wondering if I will even be able to read through the manual before I play! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm not even going to break the shrink wrap before the 30 mins.

StealthyFisher
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by AzureAssassin:
Not happenin. UNLESSS...you get payed 100 bucks for not playing it.

deskpe
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
waiting 30 min's isnt hard.. i always needa clean my room before i play new games... so i dont focus on the mess around me XD

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif yeah im weird

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh dude that sucks, I might have to go by new school stuff, so i will have to wait even longer.

Thebrownfish
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Hassan-Sabbah:
I have been wondering if I will even be able to read through the manual before I play! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

I have heard of these fabled paperback books that apparently come with games. Some even say they can give you tips on what the controls are for. Unfortunately i have yet to get given this free gift in any game i have bought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

I do however keep finding these pamphlets contained inside the box with pretty pictures on the front. I just think what a waste of a tree.

Ace426
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
no way am i doing something like that i will have the disk ready to go befor i even get in house

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Wait, do you clean your room willingly?

Thebrownfish
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by deskpe:
waiting 30 min's isnt hard.. i always needa clean my room before i play new games... so i dont focus on the mess around me XD

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif yeah im weird


Aghh i thought i was the only one ROFLMAO

Really i plan to have a room clean before i play!!!

MasterNeilson
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
The moment i step into my door after getting the game, I'm Setting my timer for 30 minutes, and see if i can resist playing the game. I'm going to sit it in front of me right next to my 360 and watch TV. its the ultimate psychological test. Who thinks i can do it?


I think this is a better test...

Play the game for 15 minutes, then see if you can get off it.

JMCA2006
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
You are one brave man IPlunder.....

we will all remember you for your courage and bravery in the face of the enemy known as phycological (sp?) warfare, From the day you open the game case and turn on the timer, we will remember thee for the bravery you have shown (atleast until we get AC, then we'll forget all about you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

cooldude6681
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
You'll probably completely forget about the timer. And why put yourself through that kind of stress? You'll just die earlier in life.

Strikefromabove
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I dont think i could do that.

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I should like host a live webcam show of me sitting there not opening it just ti prove i did it. So... How could i prove i did it without video?

Strikefromabove
11-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Allow the devs to make you post every 1 second?

DerpBurger
11-12-2007, 04:13 PM
my vote is for "who cares" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Thebrownfish
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by hazardouse21:
my vote is for "who cares" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

MasterNeilson
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by hazardouse21:
my vote is for "who cares" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

The guy with just one post.

DerpBurger
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
hey, i made it a good one

(2 now! woohoo!)

MasterNeilson
11-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by hazardouse21:
hey, i made it a good one

(2 now! woohoo!)

LOL I'm just kidding.

DerpBurger
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

papaj978
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
hahaha, 30 minutes is nothing. i get the game tomorrow, and i won't even play it until riday because i have no time to play on the weekdays. i might just read the manual a few times though.

DerpBurger
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

DerpBurger
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Thebrownfish
11-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by hazardouse21:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Your nuts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

I like the smily post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DerpBurger
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
papaj interrupted me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

membernametaken
11-12-2007, 04:37 PM
*shields children's eyes and ears*

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
membernametaken, i like your sig.

And hazardouse21, i like you less now than teenmoneymaker.

MasterNeilson
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by deskpe:
waiting 30 min's isnt hard.. i always needa clean my room before i play new games... so i dont focus on the mess around me XD

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif yeah im weird

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif WEIRD, i do the exact same thing.....creepy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MasterNeilson
11-12-2007, 05:02 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/71z1xkm.jpg

LOL, The legendary iPlunder sig, that was the funniest topic, iPlunder you can be so random sometimes yet hilarious, this sig goes out to all you new people.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif Double post.

Freefall69
11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by MasterNeilson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deskpe:
waiting 30 min's isnt hard.. i always needa clean my room before i play new games... so i dont focus on the mess around me XD

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif yeah im weird

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif WEIRD, i do the exact same thing.....creepy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


I too am guilty of this, a game like this, which has take 4 years to make, deserves to be played in a clean environment.

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
If i was cleaning my room before this, I wouldn't play the game for weeks.

synergy23
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
u wont even be able to set the timer.....but dont worry i wont be able 2 either

Skaevola
11-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't play games in my room because the T.V in there is, like, a quarter of the size of the one in the living room.
I'm getting one donated to me soon that is supposed to be much larger, so then I'll probably move my consoles.

BTW, voted for not even going to set the timer. You'll probably forget and remember after a half an hour of Assassin's Creed goodness that you were going to do it in the first place. I know I would.

ImpulsePainter
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I think it'd be more torturous to put it in the xbox, then run the main menu screen for 5 minutes, then wait 1/2 hour or an hour. Hrmmm, dare I put myself through that?.....Ahhh naw, I wouldn't do that to myself.

Pinjani10
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
If you have a younger sibling who doesn't play games try this for a stress test.

Come home and have them play it for 30 mins, watch them die constantly until finally you kill them and keep playing :P

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 07:37 PM
My bro wants to play it, but he has to go to work, so i'm good, because i would kill myself.

fruni
11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeh when i get it (thursday) im going to read forums about how good it and watch youtube videos until friday then pull an all nighter (possibly twice in a row)

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 08:12 PM
^Dude, thats just mental self mutilation.

Royal.Mist
11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
The moment i step into my door after getting the game, I'm Setting my timer for 30 minutes, and see if i can resist playing the game. I'm going to sit it in front of me right next to my 360 and watch TV. its the ultimate psychological test. Who thinks i can do it?

Instead of everyone thinking "If he can wait, there's something wrong." it's "If he CAN'T wait, there's something wrong."

Buddy, if you can't wait thirty minutes to play a game you have forever, there is something seriously wrong with your priorities.

Photus
11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I have basketball practice after school for 3 hours...It will be the worst 3 hours of my life... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Royal.Mist
11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Photus:
I have basketball practice after school for 3 hours...It will be the worst 3 hours of my life... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Why? You'll be with real people, doing something real that while ultimately contribute to your ability to play basketball while raising your fitness.

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Ouch man^ uncalled for.

delta9857
11-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey iplunder, i would try to wait 30 mins but AC is so awsome, ima just play http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Ravnica01
11-13-2007, 09:18 AM
got a better idea....start the game....watch it for an hour.....AND DONT TOUCH THE CONTROLLER!!!!!! muhahahahahaha im a mental ****** i know but your great if you cna do this :P

Dark_zip
11-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I could since I waited 2 years for the game already waiting 2 day's extra so why not a half hour extra? Ill read about AC in that time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

FayTEnder
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Assassins Creed Game: "There will be no glory in your sacrifice. I will erase even the memory of your other games from the histories. Every piece of memory shall be deleted. And every iPlunder historian, and every scribe shall have their eyes pulled out, and their tongues cut from their mouth. Why, uttering the very name of games, or iPlunder will be punishable by death. The world will never know you existed at all."

iPlunder: "The world will know that one free man stood against an irresistible urge, that one stood against you for thirty minutes, and that before this battle is over, even a game like you can bleed."

Assassins Creed Game: "A thousand pixels of the Assassins Creed guards descend upon you. Our stupid AI will blot out the sun!"

iPlunder: "Then I will wait in the shade."

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: "It's been more than 30 minutes since the game and the irresistible urge. Now, as then, it's not fear that grips iPlunder, only restlessness."

Assassins Creed Game: "This is blasphemy! This is madness!"

iPlunder: "Madness...? THIS... IS... CREED!!"

*kicks game disc into 360 one second after thirty minutes is up*

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: He did not wish tribute, nor song, or monuments or poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Last thirty minutes" he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be. "May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, "Go tell the other gamers, passerby, that here by iPlunder law, we lie." And so iPlunder played, and my fellow gamers played; barely a 30 minutes ago. Long I pondered iPlunders cryptic talk of victory, but time has proven him wise, for from free gamers to free gamers, the word was spread that bold iPlunder and his 30 minutes, so far from the refrigerator, laid down his controller... not just for assassins, but for all gamers and the promise this game holds. Now here on this ragged patch of earth called Acre, let Assassins Creed stupid AI face obliteration!

Gamer Army: HA-OOH!

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: Just there the game waits, sheer terror gripping tight its hearts with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors it suffered at the swords and switchblades of iPlunder, yet they stare now across the plane at 10,000,000 gamers commanding 10,000,000 controllers... HA-OOH!

Gamer Army: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: The enemy stupid AI outnumber us a paltry 30 to 1, good odds for any gamer. This day we rescue a world from stupid AI and bunnies(cute ones) and usher in a world brighter than anything we can imagine, Give thanks men, to iPlunder and the 30 minutes! TO VICTORY!

*Gamers around the world load their assassins creed games led by FayTEnder*

Phreaky_McGeek
11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
There was a time where I considered attempting to put myself in a coma, so I doubt I could wait A WHOLE THIRTY MINUTES.

Remember, no stress = happy iPlunder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cutts77
11-13-2007, 10:51 AM
You must not do this! Assassin's Creed is just too precious to not be used.

saros.exe
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Hahaha nice poll dude! I think you won't bother with the timer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Zain0
11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by FayTEnder:
Assassins Creed Game: "There will be no glory in your sacrifice. I will erase even the memory of your other games from the histories. Every piece of memory shall be deleted. And every iPlunder historian, and every scribe shall have their eyes pulled out, and their tongues cut from their mouth. Why, uttering the very name of games, or iPlunder will be punishable by death. The world will never know you existed at all."

iPlunder: "The world will know that one free man stood against an irresistible urge, that one stood against you for thirty minutes, and that before this battle is over, even a game like you can bleed."

Assassins Creed Game: "A thousand pixels of the Assassins Creed guards descend upon you. Our stupid AI will blot out the sun!"

iPlunder: "Then I will wait in the shade."

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: "It's been more than 30 minutes since the game and the irresistible urge. Now, as then, it's not fear that grips iPlunder, only restlessness."

Assassins Creed Game: "This is blasphemy! This is madness!"

iPlunder: "Madness...? THIS... IS... CREED!!"

*kicks game disc into 360 one second after thirty minutes is up*

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: He did not wish tribute, nor song, or monuments or poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Last thirty minutes" he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be. "May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, "Go tell the other gamers, passerby, that here by iPlunder law, we lie." And so iPlunder played, and my fellow gamers played; barely a 30 minutes ago. Long I pondered iPlunders cryptic talk of victory, but time has proven him wise, for from free gamers to free gamers, the word was spread that bold iPlunder and his 30 minutes, so far from the refrigerator, laid down his controller... not just for assassins, but for all gamers and the promise this game holds. Now here on this ragged patch of earth called Acre, let Assassins Creed stupid AI face obliteration!

Gamer Army: HA-OOH!

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: Just there the game waits, sheer terror gripping tight its hearts with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors it suffered at the swords and switchblades of iPlunder, yet they stare now across the plane at 10,000,000 gamers commanding 10,000,000 controllers... HA-OOH!

Gamer Army: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!

FayTEnder Telling of iPlunders story: The enemy stupid AI outnumber us a paltry 30 to 1, good odds for any gamer. This day we rescue a world from stupid AI and bunnies(cute ones) and usher in a world brighter than anything we can imagine, Give thanks men, to iPlunder and the 30 minutes! TO VICTORY!

*Gamers around the world load their assassins creed games led by FayTEnder*


HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was awesome

Dark_zip
11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Omg that warmed my hearth someone should make a vid of that and post it on Youtube that was classic dude!

Ghotten
11-13-2007, 01:37 PM
do what Cartman did. freeze yourself into cryostasis on your nearest hill and get your mate to wake you up WHEN the game comes out. simple, yet effective. Only, if you wake up 200 years in the future, I would completely understand if you went back in time and shot him to pieces. you're not to blame. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ghotten
11-13-2007, 01:40 PM
lol, the rip-off of 300 was good, but I don't see why everyone rips that off to tell a heroic story nowadays, of some force outnumbered by impossible odds. If you want to do that, rip off real life stories, like Agincourt, or the battle of britain, or Dunkirk. or the Alamo. Overall, a good story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

lukenichols
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
youll be reading the manual over and over all the way home

so you'll resist getting home taking off your shoes and a loading screen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

olendvcook
11-13-2007, 04:11 PM
so iplunder did you do it?

iPlunder
11-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I had no way of proving i did it so i did the next best thing.


No i couldn't help it i'm sorry. I failed you all. I will now cut off my wring finger.

olendvcook
11-13-2007, 04:17 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

JMCA2006
11-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
I had no way of proving i did it so i did the next best thing.


No i couldn't help it i'm sorry. I failed you all. I will now cut off my wring finger.

You tried your best mate! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif you can't resist the power of the creed