PDA

View Full Version : Ju-88 Problems (and others)

SithLordRoY
03-20-2006, 05:28 PM
I was wondering when the Pilot kill glitch (in online play the PK being 95% of the deaths) going to be stablized? And when will it be possible to shoot a wing off (or anything else) of the Ju-88 in online play?

Lastly is the Limp Pilot going to be addressed anytime soon? When the bombier dies the plane should still be flyable at the very least.

HelSqnProtos
03-21-2006, 01:03 AM
S~!

I would add that defensive fire on the JU is way out of proportion to other bombers in the sim (B17 has heaviest defensive armament but in game Ju88 puts out MUCH more defensive fire).

For me that is the number one problem with the JU88

Danschnell
03-21-2006, 02:24 AM
The defensive guns are modelled the same on the Ju88 as any other plane that uses the same type of gun, so its correct.

The PK thing is the worst though. Nearly every sortie ends in PK. Same with the MC202. There seems to be only one type of fueselage damage modelled for the MC202... PK.

Brain32
03-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Yes PK thing is ridiculous, at first I attacked ju88 standard way and I was suprised by the amount of hits needed to blast it, then one day somebody said: "just aim at cockpit or left wing root - you will kill the pilot".
Ofcourse PK adjustment should come with greater chance of other damage.
All gunners are mad Protos.

JG52Uther
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I learnt the hard way never to jump in a gunners seat in a JU88,instant pilot kill

SithLordRoY
03-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Or bombadier, but since it can't fly straight on level stablizer, I'm not in that position often.

HelSqnProtos
03-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Danschnell:
The defensive guns are modelled the same on the Ju88 as any other plane that uses the same type of gun, so its correct.

The PK thing is the worst though. Nearly every sortie ends in PK. Same with the MC202. There seems to be only one type of fueselage damage modelled for the MC202... PK.

Not even close to correct. Ridiculous is more like it.

SithLordRoY
03-21-2006, 04:37 PM
This thread isn't about the MG81 guys, or the lack of tactics that are often used to attack Ju88s. (From the rear being the least tactical of all)

VW-IceFire
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danschnell:

Not even close to correct. Ridiculous is more like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Could you describe whats wrong with the MG81's that the Ju-88, Bf110G-2, and Ju-87D-2/D-5/G-2 mount? Anything in particular...or are they just getting the better of you.

I've been on both ends of this weapon...nothing special to write home about really. The tracers help considerably with narrowing down the target but their hitting power is nothing special.

SithLordRoY
03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Please for the love of what ever deity you believe in can we get a fix for the pilot kill glitch in the 88. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Its pushing bomber pilots out of the game.

VW-IceFire
03-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SithLordRoY:
Please for the love of what ever deity you believe in can we get a fix for the pilot kill glitch in the 88. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Its pushing bomber pilots out of the game.
Lets not be overdramatic...there's a good number of bombers. A bugged out one isn't going to stop people. I actually didn't know about this particular bug, having flown several successful and unsucessful Ju-88 sorties. I don't think I've ever got a PK although I did dish one out.

One mission I managed to sustain multiple hits from a pair of Mosquito pilots. I even managed to flame one of their engines from the top rear gunner position before one of them nailed a solid shot on my wing and blew it off. But that was their third pass so I figured I was doomed.

PBNA-Boosher
03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:
I learnt the hard way never to jump in a gunners seat in a JU88,instant pilot kill

Um, well, it is an unprotected greenhouse canopy. I have to check this out though. Oh, and I never have to saw the wing off a Ju-88. Why would you do that when the fuel tanks and engines are so flammable?

Daiichidoku
03-22-2006, 08:11 PM
ever see the armored pilot's seat for german bomber/observation types???????

NO way 6 oclock PK's...uh uh no way

JG52Uther
03-23-2006, 08:55 AM
What I mean Boosh is that I have never been PK'd while flying in the pilots seat of the JU88,but when I jump to a gunners position,the (now A.I)pilot gets PK'd pretty quickly.

JG53Frankyboy
03-23-2006, 09:06 AM
there were a lot of improvements during production time of the Ju88A-4 about their reargunner armour............ and even from the beginning the glasses they look through to aim was armourglass.

but yes, i have no special proplem when flying from the pilotposition with beeing killed.... this position is realy ok.
gunnerpositions or bombardier position are more lethal. when im under attack i switch to pilot (normaly i fly this bird from the bombardier position) and let the AI gunners do their work.

zaelu
03-23-2006, 11:17 AM
I think Pe-2 is more dangerous... also U2vs gunner is a real killer.

Matz0r
03-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
Um, well, it is an unprotected greenhouse canopy. I have to check this out though. Oh, and I never have to saw the wing off a Ju-88. Why would you do that when the fuel tanks and engines are so flammable?

Ju-88 seem to have same kind of flammable wings and engines as the Bf-110, just a few hits to get black smoke. When you have black smoke you will not get home because it will flame up and blow your wing off within a minute.

The elevator trim on the Ju-88 is centered too low, level stabilizer don't work properly and the altimeter doesn't update the km dial. Never been PK'd in a Ju88 though.

JG52Uther
03-25-2006, 03:14 AM
Level stabiliser works fine for everyone in my squad,we just fully trim up before engaging level stab and the JU holds altitude.
The alt guage works fine.If you look,the JU has two .

Stefan-R
03-25-2006, 08:02 AM

Thats wrong.
Ju88 has a "Kontakth√¬∂henmesser" and a "Feinh√¬∂henmesser".

The at "Feinh√¬∂henmesser" the digital display which shows the altitude in 1000m-steps is not modelled.

JG52Uther
03-25-2006, 11:47 AM
From an earlier thread.Jippo's answer to the 'altimeter' question:

'The altimeter is also right, if you look closely there is no window for moving numbers but the zero is painted in the bottom of the instrument. Kilometers of altitude are shown in the contact altimeter next to it. There were different altimeters used in 88, and that was my choice.'

leitmotiv
03-25-2006, 05:07 PM
High side attack on the Ju 88 is the way to go---an almost guaranteed PK if you aim for the cockpit. Six o'clock is a good way to get hammered. I duked it out with a Ju 88 rear gunner in an I-16 Type 18 and (for once) did not collect a 7.9 in the forehead---the I-16 smashed his engines, but this is a really suicidal way to do the job, as it should be. Poli pilots had to be brave men.

J_Weaver
03-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Can someone give me some tips on how to hit anything with the Ju-88? The the bombsight don't seem to track properly, even when correct info is entered.

polak5
03-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Level stabiliser works fine for everyone in my squad,we just fully trim up before engaging level stab and the JU holds altitude.

Ive also been trimming all the way up and entering the level stabilizer, but it still seems to sink a little. soo its usually a guess as to what altitude ur gona have when ur over target. But i duno what u guys are doing that im not.
regards, polak

Hawgdog
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
This thread has potential! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

The_Gog
03-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Gentlemen, Some 88 Tips from the greatest on-line bomber pilot in this sim,

With a payload that includes bombs carried externally, you will have a lot of difficulty remaining level with the stabiliser on at heights over 3500m. With payload carried internally, you can easily bomb from 4000m @ 350KMH level.

So bottom line, you got bombs stuck to the hard points under the plane, stick to 3000m bomb runs, bomb load inside the bay, go higher, to 4000m!!

When you see me join your server and you want a piece of me, go to 4000m and pray you are good enough! oh', and I don't give a toss about the map's mission objectives, you will always find me high above the base you just spawned on raining a great pile of H.E down on you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

J_Weaver
04-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Gog, how about some tips on how to hit something with the bomb site?

J_Weaver
04-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok, I've just spent the last hour doing bomb runs in the Ju-88 and He-111. Something is definitely wrong with the Ju-88's bombsite. With the He-111 I can drop a stick right in the old pickle barrel, but using the same procedure with the Ju-88 hte bomb always hit way short. Is there a way to over come this?

WWMaxGunz
04-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Sounds like nice would be level stabilizer would trim the plane automatic even if trim is
returned to previous state when stabilizer is turned off......

SithLordRoY
04-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Unfortunatly the Ju88 Sinks on level stablizer when its empty with 25% fuel. As for the bomb sight it has to be randomized. I can hit tanks from 3000m with the 111 but can't hit a town with the 88 from the same altitude.

J_Weaver
04-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Well, I glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

The_Gog
04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
J. Weaver,

Mate, A rule I use when bombing from 3000m+ is to place the crosshairs long, beyond the target. How far you say? Well, lets assume that you are targetting the direct centre of a airfield hardstand, that's the rectangular bit where everyone spawns, imagine that there is another hardstand attached to it along the axis of your bombrun, it is the middle of that one that you want to target.

It is trial and error but with a bit of practice you will get a feel for where you should be putting those cross hairs.

Cheers,

Gog

J_Weaver
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Ah, thats for the reply! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Its really frustrating to wait for an aircraft for so long then find out that its got some major bugs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

VW-IceFire
04-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Is this all with the level bombsight? What about the Stuvi dive bombing sight? I'd be more inclined to use that personally...I just haven't had the time or wherewithall to try it out.

I've been meaning to learn and understand that sight.

J_Weaver
04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
The Stuvi sight seems to work fine. The trouble seems to be only with the level bombing site.

Jippo01
04-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I get hits on the aiming point from up to 5000m. Sight drifts more than it should but bombs hit the crosshairs.

-jippo

Snowpig
04-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Jippo

Do you know if this bug re JU88 level bombing sight has been reported ?

I get around it by lower bombsight velocity to the point where the crosshairs track the target correctly.

Also every time I have died in a JU88 it has been a PK - doesn't seem right - another bug
?
Snowpig

Jippo01
04-05-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't know what is reported...

-jippo

Snowpig
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
I have sent an email to the bug reporting email address at 1C, quoting problem on lofte sight.
I have not mentioned PK bug as I want to do more testing first on this before reporting. Perhaps someone has already reported this anyway?

Stefan-R
04-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Snowpig:
I have sent an email to the bug reporting email address at 1C, quoting problem on lofte sight.

Lotfe, not Lofte http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

|CoB|_Spectre
04-06-2006, 03:13 PM
As has often happened during the evolution of this sim, something that worked fine gets broken with a new patch. The Ju-88 and He-111 (maybe all the bombers as well, not sure) do a weird gyration now when on final bomb run under AI control. They begin a right turn away from the target, then while banking left to get back on course, they drop their bombs which now fall wide and to the right of the target. This bug goes back to at least 4.03 and has undone a lot of mission building effort that used to work just fine.

I'm reluctant to spend any more money into this product line before I've read that it seems to have been fixed. What's widely known to be broken needs fixing before there is no more developer interest at all.

SithLordRoY
04-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Beyond the level thing, the big problem is the PK and the limp pilot syndrome. Since you can't cycle backwards through the crew you ALWAYS go though the gunners and it blows to get killed in a gunner possition while cycling though (which you HAVE to do). Only to end up sitting in a pilot position that won't respond. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

joeap
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
You know you can assign keys to go directly to each position! No need to cycle then. Not that it would solve the bug but it's a workaround to avoid cycling through a dead gunner.

HellToupee
04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
u cant switch to a dead position, it just skips it. And as for sink rate i dont find it sinks, with sc2000s theres a bit but trimmed properly and full power it dosnt seem to, they are overload not typical loadout

SithLordRoY
04-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I ment getting popped in the gunner as I'm cycling though. That millisecond I pass through the possition and I get killed there then cycle to the pilot to find him paralized.

Even getting killed in the bombadier possition is lame, still get the limp noodle pilot.

As for the sinking, it happens even with an empty load in the plane. The big part of this is summed up in the name "LEVEL" Stabilizer. When active the plane should fly level as long as it has the energy (air speed) to do so.

Sly401RCAF
04-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Not tried this with the JU88 but the B25 used to sink very badly when on level stab... workaround was to give it one click of flaps and 85% throttle and it was rock steady

S~ Sly

HellToupee
04-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I ment getting popped in the gunner as I'm cycling though. That millisecond I pass through the possition and I get killed there then cycle to the pilot to find him paralized.

Even getting killed in the bombadier possition is lame, still get the limp noodle pilot.

As for the sinking, it happens even with an empty load in the plane. The big part of this is summed up in the name "LEVEL" Stabilizer. When active the plane should fly level as long as it has the energy (air speed) to do so.

well ive been flying it and its not sinking for me, even with 2000kg bombs, and definatly not with empty load, are u trimming the thing?

SithLordRoY
04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Nope don't trim the elevators. Why should I? Its LEVEL stablizer, not dive stablizer until you trim it.

The_Gog
04-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Exactly, you should NOT have to trim with level stabiliser on, if the plane is going fast enough, it should stay level!!

And don't bother setting flaps to combat whilst stabiliser is on to stop sink, we all know what the flaps do in the 88 at speeds above 250kmh!

JG52Uther
04-14-2006, 02:57 AM
Well,unless it gets fixed,it looks like you will have to live with the sinkrate then.Personally,I trim up and the level stab keeps me level.

Maraz_5SA
04-14-2006, 04:44 AM
Unfortunatly the Ju88 Sinks on level stablizer when its empty with 25% fuel. As for the bomb sight it has to be randomized. I can hit tanks from 3000m with the 111 but can't hit a town with the 88 from the same altitude.

I must have a different patch, done by Oleg personally for me, because I still can hit a fuel tank from 5000m and my Ju.88 (with 50% fuel and 4x500kg) just sinks some 50m and then does stabilize.

Thanks Oleg ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maraz

The_Gog
04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Maraz is correct, you can stay level at 5000m....BUT,

You have to make sure that you reach 5000m as close to the target as possible, because to maintain that height, you must fly flat out with positive elevator, a speed of 300kmh is difficult to achieve (I got to 280kmh) so you better have the bombsight program running. If you reach 5000m too far from the target, you will overheat before you get there and will have to throttle back to 95%, this will start the sink and any chance you had of hitting the target just went out the window.

This plane has problems, pure and simple!

Maraz_5SA
04-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by The_Gog:
Maraz is correct, you can stay level at 5000m....BUT,

You have to make sure that you reach 5000m as close to the target as possible, because to maintain that height, you must fly flat out with positive elevator, a speed of 300kmh is difficult to achieve (I got to 280kmh) so you better have the bombsight program running. If you reach 5000m too far from the target, you will overheat before you get there and will have to throttle back to 95%, this will start the sink and any chance you had of hitting the target just went out the window.

This plane has problems, pure and simple!

Well, what plane has not? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously, the max. speed is actually lower than the books by some 20 Km/h, that is what you found (though these books tended to be a little optimistic). But there is no reason to bomb at exactly 300 Km/h, as you said. I do not even bother with the bombsight program, I simply adjust bombsight speed to keep the target on the crosshairs.

I did not encounter this overheating problem though, what map/bombload/fuel-load are you using?

I usually load 2000kg of bombload and 25% or 50% fuel (25% is enough for flying at least one hour) and climb with 103-104% throttle and full rad open.

Maraz

JG54_Lukas
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
The whole level bombing system is not implemented that great as it is. We have to do all this song and dance (Level Stabilizer, trim, throttle) to make sure the plane stays on course AND in formation, while of course in reality the pilot took care of all this for the observer. I understand this is a limitation of the engine, but by all means having the AI pilot separated from the bombardier for BoB is an absolute must.

J_Weaver
04-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree. A better system needs to be developed for BoB. At the moment I'll be happy if the bombsite in the Ju-88 is fixed.