PDA

View Full Version : Childish Behavior online must stop!!

Osirisx9
11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
S~ all as some of you know I am one of the admin of the Warbirds of Prey servers. Today I checked in to see how the server was running only to discover that there was a major verbal exchange going on. By the way I did make note of the callsigns and traced the IPs of the offending individuals. They will be banned from the Warbirds of Prey servers forever when the dedicated server is released. All I ask is when you visit any server that you please try to get allong with each other. Us admins and server owners work very hard to put up a server. Right now, without the dedicated server software, we have limited control over the server when it is on a collocated server. The mouse skips all over the place on the screen and it is really a pain in the arss to get the thing to land on the right buttons. The situation was so bad that I had to actually stop the server in order to stop the verbal assualts. This is also very bad for people who are new to our hobby and are trying to learn and enjoy themslves online. So please be patient with others online and dont do things that are annoying to others. Also I'm asking for volunteers to be air traffic control over the carriers tonight because the Warbirds_PF server does not have externals on. To do this just crash your aircraft next to the aircraft carriers and dont hit refly then zoom out enough to where you can see over the carrier. You will be able to let individuals know if the deck is clear. Another way to be a controller is to just circle over the aircraft carrier at about 500 feet or so and let pilots know if the deck is clear. A controller can also let pilots know if the deck is clear in front of them after they spawn. Anyway Gents again I ask please work with each other until we get the dedicated server software is released. Salute

RAF238thOsiris

Osirisx9
11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
S~ all as some of you know I am one of the admin of the Warbirds of Prey servers. Today I checked in to see how the server was running only to discover that there was a major verbal exchange going on. By the way I did make note of the callsigns and traced the IPs of the offending individuals. They will be banned from the Warbirds of Prey servers forever when the dedicated server is released. All I ask is when you visit any server that you please try to get allong with each other. Us admins and server owners work very hard to put up a server. Right now, without the dedicated server software, we have limited control over the server when it is on a collocated server. The mouse skips all over the place on the screen and it is really a pain in the arss to get the thing to land on the right buttons. The situation was so bad that I had to actually stop the server in order to stop the verbal assualts. This is also very bad for people who are new to our hobby and are trying to learn and enjoy themslves online. So please be patient with others online and dont do things that are annoying to others. Also I'm asking for volunteers to be air traffic control over the carriers tonight because the Warbirds_PF server does not have externals on. To do this just crash your aircraft next to the aircraft carriers and dont hit refly then zoom out enough to where you can see over the carrier. You will be able to let individuals know if the deck is clear. Another way to be a controller is to just circle over the aircraft carrier at about 500 feet or so and let pilots know if the deck is clear. A controller can also let pilots know if the deck is clear in front of them after they spawn. Anyway Gents again I ask please work with each other until we get the dedicated server software is released. Salute

RAF238thOsiris

RedDeth
11-04-2004, 11:08 AM
just put 3 carriers side by side. the usa would have six or more carriers in a line late war.

Korolov
11-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Using too many carriers doesn't help one's framerate, Reddeth.

Osiris - it's hard to believe things have been that bad, but they have been on HOST; it's hard to keep people to get along it seems. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

crazyivan1970
11-04-2004, 03:20 PM
New blood + Old Blood = kaboom! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sniper-690
11-04-2004, 03:36 PM
I want my mommy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

RedDeth
11-04-2004, 03:46 PM
actually more carriers wont do a thing to frame rate. just turn off AAA on the new ones. essentially a carrier is a base and most bases have 3 runways so you should have 3 carriers per location.

georgeo76
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
all you need is an extra carrier w/o home base object. then you have zero chance of having someone spawning in front of you while you try to land.

In the maps I've made, I use 3 carriers. Two are home base, and one is not. This works out pretty well, the only problem has been ppl who don't read the brief and attempt to land on one of the forward carriers.

Yes, carriers do have a frame rate hit, even w/ the AAA asleep. But, three carriers are not much worse than one,six however....

I figure that a single carrier can handle a maximum of about 12-15 players if it's only responsible for launch. This is because you can have multiple players on deck and spawn-to-launch takes less than 1/3 the time of land strips. Dedicated recovery carriers can prob handle upwards of 20 ppl. This is because ppl tend to take off more often than land, and traps are much faster than strip landing. I also figure that if the pattern is crowded, then the launch carriers can always handle the overflow.

If a carrier is responsible for launch and trap, then it prob can smoothly handle about 6-8 players max, but you may have trouble w/ only 2.

Long story short, I'll bet that 2 carriers split between launch and trap will run much smother than 2 responsible for both.

Kannaksen_hanu
11-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Osirisx9:
Principle should be to ban the nicks, not the IP´s. Several players can have same ip. One idiot having shared NAT can block tens of decent players. Forever.

The_Ant
11-05-2004, 12:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Osirisx9:

RAF238thOsiris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi!

welcome too wonderful world of server hosting!
Same thing happend me an my friend last weekend,we had too quit server since it become unplayable.Not because of the carrier problem,but because of the verbal and that people cant READ the RULES posted.we where at first enjoing playing and fun,when some idiots starts machinegun vulching and teamkilling,bomb vulching was legal on the server.This continued for some minutes and the host my friend was wulched on runway trying to take off 3 times,so we just closed the server.This is very sad since several people like the stability off the servers me and my friend hosts,and that some idiots should not ruin the fun.The kick/ban function has no meaning really,for theirs always some new ***** that comes along.
I hope this would end some times,since everytime i have a server up i hate it eventually,and makes me not to whant too launch a server anymore.

JG52Uther
11-05-2004, 01:45 AM
I only host for my squad.Exclusive? Yes.Problems? No. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Well maybe until the inevitable influx of new blood settles down and learns the ropes (or gets bored and fooks of to play far cry) it may be an idea to allow access to your server by invitation only? I won't go into the details of how you do this but I think what you are describing is unfortunately bound to happen when there is a new expansion/release. It might be a good idea to employ the ignore feature in Hyperlobby chat for a while too if what I saw of the room yesterday was anything to go by. Man it was like a trip down memory lane with all the 'your a vultching newbie!' and 'Im a real pilot so go fook yerself !!' comments that were flying around.