PDA

View Full Version : IL2DCG campaign pack Pacific41-45ver2.03 posted,

JastaV
05-28-2006, 02:11 AM
Updated Pacific41-45ver2.03 posted:

http://www.lowengrin.com/request.php?102

This one fixes some ver2.02 troubles, granting also access to IJN, JIA, British Commonwelth Nations careers.

Enjoy

han freak solo
05-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Bump for you!

JRJacobs
05-28-2006, 02:17 PM
thanks for you hard work

Major_V
05-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Excellent work, JastaV! I highly recommend this add-on to DCG--many interesting dynamic (and completely customizable) campaigns. Thanks for your efforts, JastaV.

Major V

WTE_Galway
05-28-2006, 11:34 PM
downloaded

JastaV
05-29-2006, 10:19 AM
As regard the Pacific Theater of Operations do not forget Malaya41-46: here we have updated Singapore maps campaigns for Axis/allied side

JastaV

jamesdietz
05-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Can someone explain the difference between the DCG missions,usually found at Lowengrin & Campaigns & the regular easy to download campaigns found else where???I don't seem to find an answer...is it necessary to download the DCG at Lowengrin to play these missions and campaigns & if so how does that process work? Thanks...

JastaV
05-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jamesdietz:
Can someone explain the difference between the DCG missions,usually found at Lowengrin & Campaigns & the regular easy to download campaigns found else where???I don't seem to find an answer...is it necessary to download the DCG at Lowengrin to play these missions and campaigns & if so how does that process work? Thanks...

see link for my detailed post about Il2DCG compared to DGen

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/280...331072444#2331072444 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2801089244/r/2331072444#2331072444)

JastaV

jamesdietz
05-31-2006, 01:06 PM
I did read all of this & it looks like something I want to try...but....upon instlling & reading "reedme" I still can't figure out what to do with data & masters folders...When i get the DCG screen & try to go to mission in select dgen mission it takes me to the folder where these folders are but not to missions.Frankly I'm at a loss on how to begin to use what here because afteropening the zip,I can't seem to set the first path or even how to set the second path to the IL2.Exe program...There don't seem to be any missions anywhere in my il2FB folder& or in DCG file.I'm at a complete stop...

Major_V
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM

jamesdietz:

Most of the campaigns you download are "static" campaigns--what happens in each mission is predetermined, and does not change depending on what happened in the preceding mission (e.g., if you get 10 kills in mission 1, you still face the same number of enemies in mission 2 that you would have faced if you had had no kills in mission 1, and so on). No mission "generator" program is used to create the next mission--each mission was written in advance by the campaign's author. These campaigns are downloaded and placed into your "missions/campaigns/[pick the country]" folders. You do not need to download DCG or anything else to play these--they are good to go right out of the box.

However, IL2/FB/AEP/PF also contains a few "dynamic" campaigns. These are designated with an "*" on your new campaign selection screen in the game. In these campaigns, subsequent missions are generated using an executable known as "DGen.exe", which is already contained within the game. When one mission of such a campaign is completed, DGen automatically generates the next mission at that time, using certain parameters specified in your conf.ini file (you do not need to alter these settings, but you can).

You also can download third-party add-on DGen campaigns (e.g., TruePacific, Disaster on the Fontiers, etc.). These campaigns are made up of a series of files that you download and then place in your "DGen" folder in the main game directory (this DGen folder is not to be confused with the "DGen.exe" executable in the same directory which uses the files contained in your DGen folder to generate new missions for your dynamic campaigns). You do not need DCG to play these either.

"DCG" is an alternative, third-party add-on dynamic campaign generator (hence the name) authored by Lowengrin. It does not come with the game--you have to download it from his website. Why do that when DGen is already in your game? Because DCG allows you to create far more dynamic campaigns using all the maps and all the planes, AND allows you to customize just about every aspect of your DCG campaigns. As Lowengrin's documentation states, you download DCG into a new folder that you create on your hard drive (e.g., "C:\DCG"). But you also have to unzip some additional files and place them in your "DGen" folder in the game directory mentioned above.

Add-on DCG campaigns (like the several fine campaigns by JastaV) work only with DCG. Typically, you download them by placing the campaign folder into your C:\DCG directory, and placing certain other files into your DGen folder as well (follow each "readme" closely). These third party DCG campaigns add even more dynamic campaigns to your IL2/FB/AEP/PF universe.

The tough part is getting all of DCG's settings exactly right each time you start a new dynamic campaign so that everything works as it should. My advice: always select "automatic generation" and "replace DGen" modes in DCG (but remember to uncheck the latter if you patch or upgrade--see the documentation!). When you want to START a new third-party campaign, make sure "third party folder" is checked in the DCG drop down menu and then select the correct campaign folder and "allcampaigns.dcg" file in DCG BEFORE you start up the game. Obviously, you need to study Lowengrin's detailed documentation to get this all right. Hope this helps.

Major V

jamesdietz
05-31-2006, 07:24 PM
By twisting all the dials & reading all instructions I actually ,finally got a DCG campaign to start! I'm not sure how to do the same with individual missions or how to edit same but there has been progress made! One question that is on topic:when I download one of these dgen campaigns(like this one) where do I extrct the file to?What folder do they go to?Curious...

PLowengrin
06-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Don't confuse campaigns (like Pacific 41-45) and programs (like DCG or DGen). Or confuse programs: DCG and DGen. It makes it difficult to answer your questions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Third party add-on campaigns to DCG (like JastaV's Pacific 41-45 campaign) should be placed in their own folder within the main DCG folder. (You don't have to put them there, you can put them just about anywhere but it's just more convenient if you place them in the main DCG folder).

GilB57
06-01-2006, 05:59 AM
My advice: always select "automatic generation" and "replace Ingame Generator (DGen)" modes in DCG

It is really the easiest way to go : that way, DCG campaigns can be found & played exacly as other game's dynamic campaigns.
In the available campaigns for each country, you'll find them with the word "DCG" somewhere in the title. Select the campaign, then choose the plane (choice is possible in most case)...and play !

Ther's absolutely NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

But remember : to play stock game's campaigns (DGen ones) You'll have to re-enable game's generator (Dgen)by entering DCG & unchecking "replace Ingame Generator (DGen)" in the "mode" DCG menu.
It is because of this game limitation: You can't use at the same time 2 different dynamic campaign generators http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.lowengrin.com/e107_images/newspost_images/medwar200.jpg

jamesdietz
06-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok ...& please forgive my backwardness,but be patient.Upon exploring the zip for Javas campaign I find a dgen folder & the campaign folder Pacific'41-45.Fine.When I downloaded & installed your DCG Lowengrin I made a new folder within the Il-2 FB/PF folder & did as you recommended and labled it Il2DCG.Now thanks to me fooling a bit with the DCG that same folder has new folders of various campaigns I have apparently downloaded & are ready to start when I want to...still no problem.Ok you have told me to put this ( and other Dgen campaigns in a DGC main folder,which I don't have ( or don't have labled as such) Can you give me a clue to placement of this main DCG folder( or do I have to make one?)before I put Javs campaign & Dgen folders in the wrong place? I'd like to download other dgen campaigns as they come along,and just need to get off on the right foot.Thanks for your patience.Jim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JastaV
06-03-2006, 11:23 AM
I like to remember here that having a common and unique Il2 version will greately simplify any future third party add-on creation !!!!

I invite anyone to support my petition:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/6551057934

Your sign will be precious !!!!

JastaV

jamesdietz
06-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks, MajorV for your clear explaination...I've been doing this all wrong & downloading all of these into the DGEN folder in the game...no wonder nothing was happening when I tried to use these campaigns....now that folder is full of diffwerent campaigns & misc. stuff I'll never sort out...oh well game still works...I'm going to install this Pacific Campaign correctly....thanks to your advice...many thanks!
p.s.You mention additional files to actually go into the DGEN folder...are these usually described in the readme instructions?

Major_V
06-11-2006, 09:59 AM
You mention additional files to actually go into the DGEN folder...are these usually described in the readme instructions?

Yes, indeed. Here is the relevant excerpt from JasataV's readme for v. 2.03 (references are still to v. 2.02, but the installation procedure has not changed):

Pacific 41-45 ver2.02 installation

Once you have unzipped the present Pac14-45ver2.02 WINRAR.zip to any temporary directory, copy and past[e] Pac41-45 folder into your DCG main folder. Copy and past DGen replacement files over DGen folder in your Il2-PF directory.

When you unzip the downloaded file, you will find a folder named "DGen". Open the folder, cut and then paste it contents into the "DGen" folder located in your game directory. Of course, you must also have DCG properly installed and set up, insert the downloaded "Pac41-45" into your DCG directory which you created on your hard drive, check the "Third Party Campaign" option in DCG's drop down menu, and select the "allcampaigns.dcg" file in the "Pac41-45" folder BEFORE you try to generate the campaign in the game in order for this campaign to work. Make sure you carefully study the readme and Lowengrin's DCG documentation to get this all right. Good luck.

Major V