PDA

View Full Version : Mont St Michael help

Inorganic9_2
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Ok, this would've begun as a rant, had I not smashed the next session.

I've just done a wanted match at Mont St Michael and, like the match I played yesterday, I did very badly. For example, kills: 3 deaths: 7 came 6th with just over 1000 points. Same sort of thing happened yesterday. The next match at San Donato, I was first for most of it and won with 7200 points (without challenges etc. Managed to get 8000 in total).

So why was Mont St. Michael so bad for me? It seems that this map encourages roof-running, because that's all my targets ever do. That and I get multiple "contract lost" before I can even get anywhere near them. So, can anyone help me out? Do people commonly do similar things on Mont St Michael that I cna exploit? Are there any routes for catching someone who free-runs round the side of the cathedral (from the herald in front of it, turn right and free-run round the side of the cathedral from there). In two matches, at least three targets have gone that route without knowing I even there yet.

And finally...why are the French guys so loud? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

luth411
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
At first the map seemed overwhelming to me. I would familiarize yourself with all the little spaces and through-ways and free running paths. Learn the alleys and the rooftops and the common markets, etc.

Many people free run on this map, and you can easily fall victim to chasing them around the map and entering chase or just losing track of them. Just like with any other map, don't follow your contract. Meet them.

The cathedral is a huge central landmark. The free run path you describe that takes you out and around ( I love that course) is a good way to quickly book it around. Similarly, you could go the other way (from the herald in the courtyard). Run through the next courtyard and into the upper tower to drop down to the market below. These to major veins will take you from front to back in a matter of seconds.

There are a lot of chase breaker alleys that connect in between these to avenues as well. Also, running underneath the central area (with the herald) is a good way to go across that direction. You are protected from roof campers until you're on the other side of the courtyard. If your target is running on the roofs, stick to the alleys. You will run the risk of suffering death from above, but you can learn to avoid that. The key is that you can sprint without your roofmonkey contract being in line of sight. There are a lot of stairways and rope lifts that can quickly bring you up to their level once you close the distance.

I would just suggest practicing the map. Become familiar. It seems impossible at first because it's so segmented, but you can quickly get the hang of how to go from one point to another without being seen. Yuo can quickly lose a pursuer or intercept a contract.

SimDuff
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
And finally...why are the French guys so loud? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
JE SAIS QUE VOUS EN MOURREZ D'ENVIE!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Seriously this map also gets on my nerves sometimes: try to get yourself some pursuers and get under where they can't jump down on you. Then stun them when they get to you. Hopefully they won't get killed in the way and even better: THEIR pursuer will be... your own target; they will act like bait. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

berm87
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I strongly dislike the new level because it caters to those who don't use stealth. It's multilayered and difficult to traverse unless you decide to become monkey and climb indiscriminately.

It's my least favorite level as of now. :B

Rainie
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Practice makes perfect is a good piece of advice, Mont St-Michel is a huge map and will take awhile to learn.

One of my fav spots on the map is in front of the cathedral where the herald is talking and there's a huge open area with 3 blend spots (which you can only get air assassinated a one of them) and a couple of hay bales. It is a huge traffic area but every player passes through this area at least 5 times in the match, usually more. If you can get a couple kills early and get 2-3 pursuers on you I recommend hiding out there and you'll eventually get everyone coming to that area.

I don't like roof running, mostly cuz I'm horrible at it, so I was worried about the new map having so many levels to jump around but you can still play without resorting to roofing, just gotta find what works for you

PRODIICAL
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
As rainie stated its a hard map to learn considering how big it is. Personally i like to stick with hanging outside the cathedral for more reasons than one. For starters its like a mesh of people that assassinate there targets, something like a gathering place, Easy to blend and stun, especially at night. Try to learn the map and use it to your advantage. just dont bcome a rooftop camper...god how i wish they would all die.

SimDuff
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by PRODIICAL:
god how i wish they would all die.
This might be slightly too radical, don't you think?

FearlessSpeach
01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
If you're already 50, or just unscrupulous... you can just out run the runners. Mute + Smoke + 750 kill chain = buku score. Or you can camp out in thoroughfares and work on poisoning runners.

Edit:
Thing about a runner leading, they deny points to every one else. Stun your pursuers or out run them, and make their pursuers settle for sloppy kills.

luth411
01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I strongly dislike the new level because it caters to those who don't use stealth. It's multilayered and difficult to traverse unless you decide to become monkey and climb indiscriminately.

I don't see your point. The map caters to players that know it...just like any other map. Yes, some maps are more conducive to free running while others are best suited to slowly pacing, blending, stalking. However, you can approach any map from any strategy.

Players who prefer roof tops don't like siena or gandolfo because there are no roofs to run over. Players that can use the whole scope of the game like both types of maps for different reasons.

Nevertheless, St Michel is not difficult to traverse once you familiarize yourself with the layout.

I wonder if people with this attitude realize that floor-monkies are just as bad as roof-monkies. You limit yourself and become predictable.

DaVe_RoCk_
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Hail Rainie the Queen!

Inorganic9_2
01-06-2011, 04:15 AM
One of my fav spots on the map is in front of the cathedral where the herald is talking and there's a huge open area with 3 blend spots (which you can only get air assassinated a one of them) and a couple of hay bales. It is a huge traffic area but every player passes through this area at least 5 times in the match, usually more. If you can get a couple kills early and get 2-3 pursuers on you I recommend hiding out there and you'll eventually get everyone coming to that area.

I've actually seen that video too! It's one reason why I have a smoke/mute profile which I think I will stick to on there for now! I tried using my smoke/poison profile, but I found that there are too many runners etc. to make poison work.

Kenpachi_cable
01-06-2011, 04:29 AM
I started loving it for Manhunt, hating it for Wanted. Then I had a decent game of Wanted in it, and this is how it went:

I started sucking bad. No kills, 3 deaths. I managed to track my target to the open area that everybody has stated: With the herald, the blend spots, the hay bales. In fact, they were hiding by the herald, and I got the lucky kill hidden focus incog. So I morphed and stayed there as my persuer was somewhat close. I kept my eye out with smoke, and viola, got a stun. His pursuer must have been in area, because he came, and it happened over and over. Soon, everybody was there or coming there, and more than once I got my contract back with somebody really close. One even blended with me right before she was my contract, so I totally got focus.

All in all, in Manhunt, I prefer to stay on the roof and watch over my teammates, if they get stunned, I get arial, sometimes acrobatic, if not, we all get Co-Op kill. In Wanted, I greatly prefer the Courtyard area.

This could help, as it was also based a lot on luck (I had whispers for almost 3 minutes while hunting my opponent, so I'm guessing my persuers were being killed one at a time. Also, I did some turn corner STUN! awesomeness) on not being killed after I got there. I ended up coming in from last with 7 min left (everybody else had 1500+ points by then with my 0) to first place with 7100 points.

Hope this helped out.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 05:48 AM
First:

Learn the narrow winding paths, learn where chasebreakers are, etc.

Basically, KNOW YOUR MAP.

Second, find the large open areas, like the one where there's the huge strip of "audience" blend group - I get most of my incog/hidden/poison kills from in that group. EVERYONE runs past/through it. Also, the roofed area right around the corner from it is a major through road - everyone crosses through those two regions a LOT, no matter their playstyle, and roofers usually come to ground in those areas while hunting their targets.

Mont St Michel is the best map for me playing stealth, even as other players seem to hate it for being roofer/runner friendly.

KabouterPitta
01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I hate that map, seriously. When I see that the next game is going to be played on that map I really consider leaving.(and half of the time I do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif.
I'm having enough trouble trying to get extreme variety(already tried over 6 hours, and always ended up between 10-14 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif), and it wont get easier with such a huge map.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 09:10 AM
The way it's laid out makes it feel bigger, but it's not really.

It's just that there are tighter confines to move through. The tight corners and narrow stairways with corners in them make it seem like you're travelling further than you really are.

fastfast
01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
i hate this map too, if i end up playing it, i generally get 2 kills in, 7 deaths and hide a lot.