PDA

View Full Version : I got my X52 and now i need help

BenvZijl
03-08-2005, 08:37 AM
i got my X52 today to replace my broken wingman force, but now i need help to program it for IL/PF/AEP, could you guys help me out?

BenvZijl
03-08-2005, 08:37 AM
i got my X52 today to replace my broken wingman force, but now i need help to program it for IL/PF/AEP, could you guys help me out?

Platypus_1.JaVA
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Would you wish a profile? I can give you mine but, you'll have to program some stuff in PF too. Like the sliders for it to work completly. However, it really pays off to sit down for a part of the day and make your own profile. Such alot of buttons may be overwhelming at first but, you can work better with your own profile then to learn to use someone others.

Or do you have a difficulty with the Saitek programming software?

GreyFox5
03-08-2005, 09:24 AM
I skipped the Profile software for my X52. I just sat down and set it up in IL2 FB+AEP+PF in the controls. The X52 programming software seemed daunting and the book that comes with the X52 seemed usless to me. Just my 2 cents...

Chivas
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Take a closer look at the X52 programing. It's actually quite easy to set up. Unfortunately its the only good thing about the stick. I hear if you get a latter model serial number the deadzone problem has been fixed.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-08-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't understand how you could short yourself like that, at the very least being able to use the pinkie trigger as a shift to double your buttons is worth trying to make a profile.

BaldieJr
03-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I hear that Saitek uses so much poisonous lead in thier products that the state of California forced them to put warnings on thier products.

SMURFY1967
03-08-2005, 04:13 PM
A recall isn't called for, because the vast majority of sticks have no issues at all - the deadzone was intentional to ensure centering issues didn't occur; there was no fault with the firmware. As with any of our products, as we continue to manufacture them we will look at ways of improving them - hence all this business with the firmware that's going around the forums.

Best Regards
Richard Neville
Tech Support
Saitek UK

This is the response I got when I told Saitek that I had 1/3 travel in x and y before anything happened.They won`t admit the early ones are wrongly given massive deadzones,that would cost money to fix wouldn`t it.Nice stick nice throttle,shame about the crippling deadzone.

BenvZijl
03-08-2005, 04:28 PM
well i got a profile now, only got a problem that is common with people with a Nforce 3 motherboard.(joystick stops responding but throttle keeps working)

going to buy a PCI USB card in the morning

i really like the X52,i don't have any Deadzone issues and all the options i use in IL2 are now in my joystick/throttle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lav69
03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreyFox5:
I skipped the Profile software for my X52. I just sat down and set it up in IL2 FB+AEP+PF in the controls. The X52 programming software seemed daunting and the book that comes with the X52 seemed usless to me. Just my 2 cents... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geeez dude.... you are missing the best part of the stick.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Baldie, california law requires those stickers on anything with ANY amount of lead, the saitek products don't have any more lead than anything else on the market.