PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need this patch yet?

NawlinzVoodoo
11-19-2004, 08:50 AM
I was wondering if I really needed this patch just yet? I was thinking of waiting another week or 2 when they come out with the 2nd part of the patch which will include the add-on planes and patch it then. Or are these going to be 2 seperate patches all together which would make it necessary for me to have the first patch? Thanks in advance.

NawlinzVoodoo
11-19-2004, 08:50 AM
I was wondering if I really needed this patch just yet? I was thinking of waiting another week or 2 when they come out with the 2nd part of the patch which will include the add-on planes and patch it then. Or are these going to be 2 seperate patches all together which would make it necessary for me to have the first patch? Thanks in advance.

mortoma
11-19-2004, 09:22 AM
You'll probably need the new patches that just came out. I think to save download file size, they'll most likely put in the new planes in the just one of the .SFS files. When doing nothing but adding new aircraft, that's what they've done in the past. Now when they change FMs, DMs, and campaigns and correcting bugs, they have to have huge patches, like this new one. But I'm thinking the next one will be only new planes, so it won't have the bug and FM fixes this one has. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Buzz04
11-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Read some of the glowing praises on the board as to what people think about this patch.

The "new" exe that you can download with the patch is absolutely outstanding. Increase in performance with FB/AEP/PF. Terrain can be "dialed up" for better graphics. AI is improved, FM are more challenging with complex engine management, damage models are better, visibility of ground and air targets is also improved. This is what PF should have been upon its release and is WELL WORTH the price of the game now.

As to the new patch with additional aircraft, it can wait until next week while you explore the beauty of a recrafted flight simulator for FB/AEP/PF!!!

If you can't tell from my praises - this patch is well worth the download, and I'm happy without another patch next week (although I'll download it as well!).

Buzz

AStotzer
11-19-2004, 10:07 AM
I have a mid-range pc (P4 2.4gh; 1gig ram; Radeon 9700 128meg) and I didn't notice any major problems before the patch. Now, after the patch, I've played the pf.exe and the pf_new.exe and honestly I havent' noticed anything from applying the patch.

I guess it may depend on your rig. I've seen several posts where people were remarking about inproved water and splashes, but I have not seen anything better, new, or fixed on my rig.