PDA

View Full Version : HELP ESCAPE KEY

egypt23
01-27-2005, 06:26 AM
i was away from PF for a while and when i opened the game i had no sound? ,graphics was reduced to 640/480 ,no GL (SETUP couldnt get it to hold)

so i reinstalled DX9C and checked INI file and found sound=0 so ichanged that to =1
so now i got sound(yeh) turned off rev stereo???
( oh yeah btw FFB had also been turned off and all bars were at 10)???

got into game changed res to GL 1024/768/16 etc
sound to DX /16 /44000
so now i can try a QUICKIE

FLYING IS OK BUT WHEN I TRY TO GET OUT OF THE GAME THE ESCAPE KEY WONT WORK SO I HAD TO USE CTRL/ALT/DEL TO GET BACK TO THE DESKTOP

now its stuck like that!!!
NO NO I TELL A LIE IT NOW ACTIVATES WINGMAN TAB.......(tab is still active as well)
i'm at a loss
checked my IL2/FB/ACES INI
(that program has been bombproof on my machine thank the fates)but because its laid out differently doesnt exactly help me a lot

why would an ESCAPE hotkey just deactivate???

anyone got any ideas or could PM me or post a working ALL INI file or whatever

thanks

egypt23
01-27-2005, 06:26 AM
i was away from PF for a while and when i opened the game i had no sound? ,graphics was reduced to 640/480 ,no GL (SETUP couldnt get it to hold)

so i reinstalled DX9C and checked INI file and found sound=0 so ichanged that to =1
so now i got sound(yeh) turned off rev stereo???
( oh yeah btw FFB had also been turned off and all bars were at 10)???

got into game changed res to GL 1024/768/16 etc
sound to DX /16 /44000
so now i can try a QUICKIE

FLYING IS OK BUT WHEN I TRY TO GET OUT OF THE GAME THE ESCAPE KEY WONT WORK SO I HAD TO USE CTRL/ALT/DEL TO GET BACK TO THE DESKTOP

now its stuck like that!!!
NO NO I TELL A LIE IT NOW ACTIVATES WINGMAN TAB.......(tab is still active as well)
i'm at a loss
checked my IL2/FB/ACES INI
(that program has been bombproof on my machine thank the fates)but because its laid out differently doesnt exactly help me a lot

why would an ESCAPE hotkey just deactivate???

anyone got any ideas or could PM me or post a working ALL INI file or whatever

thanks

georgeo76
01-27-2005, 06:34 AM
go to your FB directory and open conf.ini

check for this line, insert it if missing

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

egypt23
01-27-2005, 07:13 AM
hi
first thing i did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

although because its PACIFIC FIGHTERS STANDALONE
Was a bit harder to find
(its hidden in USER folder under ALL INI)

so ichanged that to ACTIVATE but that just made it the same as TAB(ie brings up the COM panel

have seen some other INI files in other PACIFIC threads and they all seem to use DEACTIVATE as default???
( i dont understand, thats why i'm asking for a copy of a working INI FILE that contains this hotkey ,so i can compare

thanks