PDA

View Full Version : OT: Secret to losing weight

LStarosta
07-02-2007, 11:04 PM
In light of Baldie's excellent advice-giving services, I am proud to present to you from the Tacticool™ Laboratories, a guide to losing weight:

Exercise: do cardio at least 4 times a week for at least an hour or two a day, but don't hesitate to do it every day by making it fun and including sports. Running is best choice, but supplement it with low impact cardio work too. Before starting an exercise regimen, please consult your physician. Running is especially an injury-magnet sport. I have personally suffered from fractured bones, chronic inflammation of every kind, knee problems, muscle pulls etc. Granted, I have flat feet, but still. Take it easy and get a really good pair of running shoes before you make a knewb out of yourself at the podiatrist's office. Also get a workout buddy to stay consistent.

Sleep!!! A LOT. This can't be overstated. A stressed out body can't lose weight and keep up a decent metabolism worth sh*t. The moment you keep losing sleep, you have lost the battle. Also, going along with sleep, REST from your workouts. A wise cross country coach once told me: Luke, the reason why you keep getting a new injury every week is because you're a ****** for working out too much. It's true. Rest harder than you work out.

Limit fatty meat intake. Fats are good for you, but by limiting them, you are getting what's good for you without the excesses. That means eating red meat maybe once a week to once every two weeks. Poultry is still good, especially turkey.

Eat very frequently so as to prevent hunger pains in your stomach from occurring in the first place. Then eat only enough to satisfy your hunger without overeating. Keep in mind that it takes your body 20 minutes to feel full. This will keep your metabolism running at maximum efficiency even when you're not exercising, increasing calorie and fat burn. Also, if you are satisfied at all times, you won't feel tempted to cheat on icky snack sh*t.

Drink a lot of water. Your urine should be a very pale yellow color throughout the day. This equates for a lot of people to about 64oz or 8 glasses per day plus whatever you need to stay hydrated and recover your fluids from working out.

Enjoy your favorite foods like pizza or whatever, but in moderation. Don't cut them out. If you're going to order a pizza, split it up with your friends. Don't eat the damn thing by yourself. This is what gained me 10-15 lbs my first year of college.

Do some weight/resistance training too. Push ups, sit ups, and other calisthenics work great for toning in conjunction with cardio (best if you do them while your heartrate is still up from cardio workouts). This will make you not only more confident of yourself, but your core strength comes in handy and muscle also burns calories.

Start loving "LIGHT" foods. They may be hard to eat at first, but they are a great way to enjoy your favorite foods and also cutting excess calories. Light breads, fruit drinks, sodas, even Pringles can help you make your diet a little better than just eating field greens every day which will make you more consistent in the long run.

Read labels a lot. This kind of goes with the LIGHT foods thing. Know what you're putting into yourself and know how much your body needs.

Be realistic. Depending on how much you want to lose, it will take months, a year, or maybe a few years. It's just the way it is. Anything else is unhealthy and it puts your body into shock after which it will just regain the weight. By losing weight at a rate of around 1 lb per week (1 lb of fat = 3500 calories = cutting/burning 500 calories every day.. yes it's that simple), you are allowing your body to adapt to your change in lifestyle and you will be less likely to regain the weight. Also, the more weight you lose, the harder it is to lose more weight. On the other hand, the easier it should be for you to exercise anyway. Keep all this in mind.

After you lose the weight, keep up the health oriented life style that got you there. Don't be a knewb and think you can just stop working out and eat whatever you want, especially if you have a sh*tty metabolism.

Please also keep in mind that I am not a doctor, despite this being the best way to lose weight. If you die of malaria or turn into a chupacabra by trying my method, I cannot be held responsible. Do this at your own risk.

I am no buff body builder, and quite frankly at 6'1" and shy of 170 lbs, I have pretty skinny runners arms and legs (my torso pwns j00 tho, the leddies love it when i flex my pectorals), but I went from a 200 lbs lame-o to being able to (almost) max out the United States Air Force Physical Fitness Test (stfu Army + Marines) in like...2 or 3 years.

Remember, stay Tacticool™, and you too can be a winner.
http://photos-799.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v99/249/53/2352799/n2352799_39234658_2622.jpg

MrMojok
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Those are all good tips, Luke.

The filename on the pic should be TactiCoolDaddy, though.

jolly_magpie
07-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Very interesting I am trying to lose weight and get fit by riding my cheap mountain bike each day on a 7 1/2 km loop, with occasional longer rides. I hope it's helping but I'm not sure if it's enough. How can you tell how much exersize is enough??

Waldo.Pepper
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
My experience.

http://www.idiet4u.com/diets/sacredheart.html

I lost 57 pounds doing this a few years ago (and also riding a bike and walking.) Doing this took two months. I lost about a pound a day. Works like a charm.

RedDeth
07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
I dont want to sound like a wetblanket but your advice is completely WRONG.

you are trying to help out people that need help yes?

well telling someone they need to do cardio at LEAST 4 days a week for 1 to TWO HOURS A DAY is totally ridiculous. talk to any professional personal trainer.

they will tell you that you will lose at least 99% of people you wish to help with that kind of advice.

look Lstar i know your young so ill give you a bit of a break on this...first off...its EASY to lose weight if your a kid...aka anyone under 30...if your under 25 then its a cakewalk.

I am a die hard dedicated gym rat. I work out six days a week for an hour and a half to two hours a day. but I am 1 in a thousand. I have many reasons for why I do it. first i love to date many hot chicks out here in CA. there are more reasons but that is most important for me.

for other people well...most people dont work out to get hot girls. they work out because they are out of shape. and being out of shape they dont have the high self esteem. or they are married with kids and dont HAVE the time in the day to do backbreaking workout routines that take up to 8 hours a week while working 50 hour workweeks and drive their kids around another 20 hours a week.

get real.... only single people that have tons of time on their hands can work out as much as you or myself.

please restructure this thesis on weightloss for the real world as no one is buying it.

polak5
07-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I used to have no problem losing weight since I was going to the sk8park or just riding 4-5 days a week, i could even eat junk food. But about a month ago I tore my lateral meniscus (my other one this time) and add to that going to Mexico and drinking alot of beer and i soon gained 15lbs.
Got back and I cut back on bad foods, and started the P90X workout that I "acquired". In 2 weeks I lost 15 lbs and gained muscle. The workouts are intense thought, its not for peeps that are out of shape (ive heard of stories where some people have thrown up while working out). My first workout was biceps and back, I did the workout and I was sore for 4 days, I could hardly move my arms and when I did it would hurt like hell. I cant do all the workouts because of knee pain, but Its getting better thought, im glad I started it.

ElSjonnie
07-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I lost 45 pounds in 8 weeks (ye thats too fast), now @ like 150 pounds 5'9

Badsight-
07-03-2007, 01:22 AM
redeth , oh please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

getting fat is easy : eating + time
losing fat is harder : exercise + time

6.5 billion out of 6.5 billion humans agree , eating is eaiser than exercising

get off the couch ****** & go for a run/row/ride . expect results in 4 - 8 weeks . not tomorrow , or the next day

(what starosta said about rest is exactly true . elevated heartrate exercise kills your reserves . you need more rest with more exercise just to maintain status-quo)

ElSjonnie
07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by RedDeth:
I dont want to sound like a wetblanket but your advice is completely WRONG.

you are trying to help out people that need help yes?

well telling someone they need to do cardio at LEAST 4 days a week for 1 to TWO HOURS A DAY is totally ridiculous. talk to any professional personal trainer.

they will tell you that you will lose at least 99% of people you wish to help with that kind of advice.

look Lstar i know your young so ill give you a bit of a break on this...first off...its EASY to lose weight if your a kid...aka anyone under 30...if your under 25 then its a cakewalk.

I am a die hard dedicated gym rat. I work out six days a week for an hour and a half to two hours a day. but I am 1 in a thousand. I have many reasons for why I do it. first i love to date many hot chicks out here in CA. there are more reasons but that is most important for me.

for other people well...most people dont work out to get hot girls. they work out because they are out of shape. and being out of shape they dont have the high self esteem. or they are married with kids and dont HAVE the time in the day to do backbreaking workout routines that take up to 8 hours a week while working 50 hour workweeks and drive their kids around another 20 hours a week.

get real.... only single people that have tons of time on their hands can work out as much as you or myself.

please restructure this thesis on weightloss for the real world as no one is buying it.

People who give half-assed attempts at losing weight will fail. Not seeing results, they won't go through with it.

Really disciplined people don't get fat in the first place.

Superluminal_8
07-03-2007, 01:50 AM
A few rides on this nice girlyred bike http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/Superluminal_2007/Bicyckle.jpg
Along with this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/Superluminal_2007/seat.jpg
and not to mention I have to walk in stairs for a 3-5 hours in a day ( A Janitor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif)keeps me in a reasonable good shape.

joeap
07-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Best thread you've ever posted Luke. I went hiking in the Alps this past weekend (following marked trails, some pretty steep though) and without really good shoes and having cut out a lot of sports since my accident in February I really felt it.

JG52Karaya-X
07-03-2007, 05:23 AM
HaVoK pwns you, be sure!

mynameisroland
07-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Nice tips Luke ~S~ but who is that f4g in the picture ?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

only joking mate

MEGILE
07-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Resitance training is WHOLLY under appreciated in fat loss...

Know which athletes have the lowest % BF? It aint long distance runners.
Its 230lb walking walls of muscle, Mr. Olympia competitors.
The high amount of Muscle = increased calory requirement... ie. it chews through fat, carbs and protein you throw at it.

There is NO Excuse for Men to be fat... (excluding health consditions) Pick up a weight and lift it 10 times, in groups of 3.

For women it is a bit different.. because none of the women I know want 18 inch biceps.
But you don't have to do superset preacher curls, or 300lb dead lifts to increase your metabolism.
Body weight exercises are sufficient.

Diet ofcourse needs to be good.. but tbh, you can get huge (muscular) on eating crahp, if you hit the gym hard enough. Not recommended however.

i cannot stress enough, dont starve yourself.. and dont go for 15 mile runs everyday in an effort to loose BF.
The body doesn't like to loose weight... and if you go into starvation mode it will sure as hell hold onto every caloire you give it.

Resistance training forces your body to use the calories 24/7.

Uncle_Stranger
07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Ehh...

8.5 km of running, seven times per week saves the day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PS: ONLY FOR THE MAD.
(

SeaFireLIV
07-03-2007, 07:37 AM
OOps, sorry. Didn`t know I`d just walked into the women`s weight watcher`s forums. I`ll go find the IL2 forum, it`s around here somewhere...

AKA_TAGERT
07-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Superluminal_8:
Finally.. someone made a bike seat to hold my junk

LStarosta
07-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
OOps, sorry. Didn`t know I`d just walked into the women`s weight watcher`s forums. I`ll go find the IL2 forum, it`s around here somewhere...

Shut up, fattie.

LStarosta
07-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Superluminal_8:
A few rides on this nice girlyred bike http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/Superluminal_2007/Bicyckle.jpg
Along with this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
and not to mention I have to walk in stairs for a 3-5 hours in a day ( A Janitor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif)keeps me in a reasonable good shape.

Awesome bike! Now I don't cycle a whole lot, only as cross training, but I always get a bad case of numbnuts after maybe 8 miles or so. Is that seat designed to keep circulation going to your groin? Or is that hole just to save weight on the bike?

SeaFireLIV
07-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:

Shut up, fattie.

Yep, definitely, women`s thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GIAP.Shura
07-03-2007, 07:58 AM
The principle in RedDeth's post is valid. The most important thing about any attempt to lose weight is that it must be a change of lifestyle that can be maintained. This is why so many diets "don't work" and why so many people let gym memberships lapse. The majority of people who could see a massive benefit from losing some weight wouldn't be able to make the change to this program straight away.

There aren't any secrets to losing weight. Find a type of exercise you enjoy which you can easily make a part of your lifestyle. Eat a balanced diet which fits the amount of exercise you do. Drink plenty of fluids. Get plenty of sleep.

Incidentally, the low body fat levels of body builders is mainly due to controlled nutrition and cardio regimes to reduce the body fat to minimal levels prior to performance. I don't think it is a good example for weight training as a form of losing weight.

huggy87
07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by GIAP.Shura:
The principle in RedDeth's post is valid. The most important thing about any attempt to lose weight is that it must be a change of lifestyle that can be maintained. This is why so many diets "don't work" and why so many people let gym memberships lapse. The majority of people who could see a massive benefit from losing some weight wouldn't be able to make the change to this program straight away.

There aren't any secrets to losing weight. Find a type of exercise you enjoy which you can easily make a part of your lifestyle. Eat a balanced diet which fits the amount of exercise you do. Drink plenty of fluids. Get plenty of sleep.

Agree 100%. Lstarosta had some good tips, but you and redeth are right. It really takes a lifestyle change. Everything in our modern culture that makes our lives more convenient and entertained also adds to our waistlines. Automobiles, lack of sidewalks, supermarkets, long work days, 2 working parents, convenient foods with long shelf lives loaded with preservatives, fast food, huge restaurant portions, TV with a bijillion channels, computer games, internet, etc. It is no wonder that we americans are the fattest in the world (don't laugh brits and commonwealth types - you are close behind and catching up).

I recently made a life changing decision myself. I canceled cable TV. I get zero channels now. My house had three TVs and 2 tivos. I didn't like how easy it was for me to just plop down on the couch and it was not setting a good example for the kids. But I do miss my history and discovery channels (and the office and earl)...

-HH-Quazi
07-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I am physically disabled. Getting myself from one room to another is a chore sometimes. Walking with a cane kinda puts running out of the picture. But, even in the shape I am in, I have lost a total 35lbs in a four month period of time. How? I went to see a nutritionist and he put together a food intake plan. Only so many fats, carbs, meats, dairy, & vegetables on any given day. Is it hard to stay on this diet of sorts? Not at all. I have plenty that I can eat. The hardest part was getting used to nothing after 6PM in the evening except water or sugar free drinks. But after a month or so I got used to it and now have no cravings to eat after 6PM in the evening.

So excersize is good I am sure. But for some, like me, it isn't the only way to loose weight. My goal is to loose 100lbs before a year is up. If I can keep up what I have going on now, this shouldn't be a problem to achieve.

LStarosta
07-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by huggy87:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GIAP.Shura:

Agree 100%. Lstarosta had some good tips, but you and redeth are right. It really takes a lifestyle change. Everything in our modern culture that makes our lives more convenient and entertained also adds to our waistlines. Automobiles, lack of sidewalks, supermarkets, long work days, 2 working parents, convenient foods with long shelf lives loaded with preservatives, fast food, huge restaurant portions, TV with a bijillion channels, computer games, internet, etc. It is no wonder that we americans are the fattest in the world (don't laugh brits and commonwealth types - you are close behind and catching up).

I recently made a life changing decision myself. I canceled cable TV. I get zero channels now. My house had three TVs and 2 tivos. I didn't like how easy it was for me to just plop down on the couch and it was not setting a good example for the kids. But I do miss my history and discovery channels (and the office and earl)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with ya'll. What I put together was a part of a lifestyle change that really kicked me into high gear and made me a healthy person. That's why I said it may take months, or even years to get the results, and it's more about getting to be a really fit person, and losing weight as a result than just doing it to lose weight by any means possible. I learned a lot of this through a LOT of painful trial and error (i.e. an eating disorder, exercise bulemia). I think what it all boils down to is a real desire to want to be fitter and healthier, and then being able to live with the compromises and requirements of your goals to the point where it becomes second nature. Like Shura said, find something you like, and make a habit of doing it. You get to the point where working out and eating a balanced diet are phrases that don't sound as tedious as they used to, but just as integral a part of who you are as your political beliefs or whatever.

Good luck to everyone with their health and fitness goals. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

neural_dream
07-03-2007, 09:24 AM
If you want to get and stay fit get out of this country of yours Luke.

Last shirt I bought:

UK L
DE L
FR XL
IT XL
USA M

I'm a normal-sized 6'4 guy and in the States I'd wear medium. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

GIAP.Shura
07-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I thought your post was pretty good LStarosta and there was nothing in there I would disagree with really. It was especially good that you stressed stuff that a lot of people don't discuss, like sleeping well, resting and being realistic in your expectations.

BSS_AIJO
07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
If you want to get and stay fit get out of this country of yours Luke.

Last shirt I bought:

UK L
DE L
FR XL
IT XL
USA M

I'm a normal-sized 6'4 guy and in the States I'd wear medium. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

sweet!!

Yea, you should come to Milwaukee some time we have loads of phat @ss3s riding between the convince store for sugar water and chips on to the pharmacy to pick up their type 2 meds.

I hate them..

I am type 1 so being diabetic had nothing to do with choices I made. Not being type 2 pretty much only requires you stop filling your pie hole.

For really fast dramatic weight loss try Bells Palsy. The inner ear thing makes you prone to losing food before it has had a chance to digest. Then your face doesn't work well enough to keep it in your mouth for chewing. Then your nervous system gets too lit up to actually get food to your mouth, then finally after all of that your thyroid get very hyper for a while. Buy then you hate food and are only survival eating. I was losing about 2 pounds a week on that one.

They stayed off for a very long time as well.. But then I had family stay with me for a while and I am a stress eater. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Thing was when I was at the bottom of my BMI range for my height I looked so good it wasn't even funny.

So, I have been fighting to get back there.. I need to drop 30 again.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

check this link out

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/www/hackdiet.html

its good stuff...

Also, check out the weight loss tips on the proANA sites. They know exactly what supplements to be taking to keep the metabolism happy.. Since they are not trying to sell anything you can trust them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

BSS_AIJO

carguy_
07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Naaah ,cardio is for pussies.

drose01
07-03-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm on the Il2 diet.

I get as much sticktime as possible.

My right thumb is grotesquely hypertrophied and my brain consumes huge amounts of energy processing the ever changing tactical picture.

Plus I'm so caught up when playing that I don't want to get up and get something to eat.

T_O_A_D
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Hmm, You mean Lite Beer and my force feedback stick isn't enough http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Oh no wonder your plane has been getting faster Quazi. Super job on your progress so far. Here's ruiting for ya. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
I am physically disabled. Getting myself from one room to another is a chore sometimes. Walking with a cane kinda puts running out of the picture. But, even in the shape I am in, I have lost a total 35lbs in a four month period of time. How? I went to see a nutritionist and he put together a food intake plan. Only so many fats, carbs, meats, dairy, & vegetables on any given day. Is it hard to stay on this diet of sorts? Not at all. I have plenty that I can eat. The hardest part was getting used to nothing after 6PM in the evening except water or sugar free drinks. But after a month or so I got used to it and now have no cravings to eat after 6PM in the evening.

So excersize is good I am sure. But for some, like me, it isn't the only way to loose weight. My goal is to loose 100lbs before a year is up. If I can keep up what I have going on now, this shouldn't be a problem to achieve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Airmail109
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Im trying to do the opposite, honest to god most women would die for my ability to eat loads an not put on any weight

WOLFMondo
07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Any weightloss or training plan that tells you to eat bread and pringles is categorically wrong.

LStarosta
07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
Any weightloss or training plan that tells you to eat bread and pringles is categorically wrong.

If you're working out, why not? Moderation is key. Don't eat all of it at once, and you'll be fine.

Any weight loss or training plan that tells you to not eat something altogether is categorically wrong.

BaldieJr
07-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I've found that bicycling for fun is a lot of fun while bicycling for exercise sux.

I'm in total agreement about sleep. Unrest and depression go hand-in-hand. Doctors will routinely prescribed sleep medications in conjunction with anti-depressants.

I completely disagree with "diet foods". Read the ingredients. Loads of mind-altering chemicals (aspartame = bad news). Best to learn to cook real foods, and if you want to save a few bucks, learn about protein completion (beans on toast = complete protein without meat, not that I am against meat, we just tend to take in too much of it).

MEGILE
07-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:

Any weight loss or training plan that tells you to not eat something altogether is categorically wrong.

Depends on the food.

Pure sugar is the devil.

Bread is phat carbs and will either make you huge or diabetic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-HH-Quazi
07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Did you know the 1Tbsp of peanut butter counts as 1oz of meat? The same holds true for an egg. I use that Natures Own Double Whole Wheat bread where 1 slice counts as 1\2 of a carb. On my diet I get 5 carbs, 5 fats, 5 cups of uncooked veggies or 2 1\2 cups of cooked veggies, & 11 oz of lean meat in a 24-hour period. Doesn't seem like much, but if you work it right, that is quite allot. And the weight is coming off between 5 & 9 lbs a month.

Here is another diet that seems to work for allot of people. A squadm8 sent me this link:

http://www.weight-loss-institute.com/zone_diet.htm

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Moderate cardio 20-45mins at least 3 days per week is plenty. Of course you must have the proper diet which should consist of 5-6 portioned meals per day. Adding weight training will help dramatically as well. Here is the one BIG key to getting in shape and I can sum in up in one word... Consistency!

There is no big secret, only self discipline. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Good thread btw.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by carguy_:

Tell that to an MMA fighter. Or perhaps you never been in a fight yourself? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Im kidding btw.

faustnik
07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carguy_:

Tell that to an MMA fighter. Or perhaps you never been in a fight yourself? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Im kidding btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's amazing how long 3 minutes can be.

fuzzychickens
07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
How about:

1.Quit buying any kind of bread, chips, crackers, cereal, dough, or whatever that has hydrogenated-anything in it OR high fructose corn syrup.

2.Quit drinking pop, even diet pop.

3.Buy high fiber bread. Something in the range of 11-15% of daily rec allowance of fiber per slice. Toss some turkey (real deli sliced, not the chopped and pressed ****) on it for your sandwhiches; avoid most other lunch meats. If you are making toast, buy a spread that has no trans fats at the very least.

4.Get rid of all you processed sugar. If you have to have sugar, get pure cane sugar.

5.Stop eating fast food, period. This goes for those starbucks frap-o-chino thingies too, these things can have over 1000 calories in them. Don't ever get kids started on fast food. I never say anything to anyone in public, but it makes my stomach turn when I see an overweight parent feeding an already overweight toddler loads of Mcdonalds fries and cheeseburgers while at the walmart with a shopping cart full of pop, pizza rolls, twinkies, and other crack-foods.

6.Eat some wild caught salmon instead of hunks of cow.

7.Water, lots of water.

8.Shoot your TV.

Diet alone would do the trick for many people. If one adds up all the **** and the sheer volume of it that most people eat, it's easy to see that most of the problem is the average american diet itself regardless of the amount of physical activity they engage in.

A lot of the chemicals and **** in fast food and on the grocery store shelves has been shown to increase a person's appetite.

The explosion in type II diabetes in america clearly can be tied directly to the amount of processed foods americans have added to their diets over the years. The food industry knows this and the recent health conscious offerings of food companies is only the result of increasing public awareness of this.

T_O_A_D
07-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by fuzzychickens:
8.Shoot your TV.

Ok how many times. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

10 reps per set (TVset) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

I only have 5 TV's so one night of shooting should knock a few calories off right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ploughman
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Heads up for dog lovers.

Don't feed your xylitol sweetner substituted food products to your dogs or it'll kill 'em sure as you shot 'em in the head. Not good to a canine physiology and it gives them liver failure.

Which isn't very cheery. So here's a joke.

What's brown and sticky?

A stick.

Thank you very much.