PDA

View Full Version : Can I leave my sword at home?

Nallenon
12-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm waiting for the PC version of Assassin's Creed 2, and I just wanted to ask if it is possible to play through the game without carrying a sword?
I never liked the sword in AC1, preferring the short blade and the hidden blade, and so I'm wondering if it's possible to either never buy a sword, or to leave it at the ville when going on missions?

Cjguy156
12-03-2009, 07:01 PM
To answer, you wont use it before the big thing in Ezios life (with the family..) wink wink, nudge nudge.

But yea, you have to have the sword with you all throughout the game when you get it.

Nallenon
12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Cjguy156:
But yea, you have to have the sword with you all throughout the game when you get it.
Right, so no leaving sword at home. Shame, I would have wanted the option. Does the game automatically choose the sword for you if you enter combat with hidden blade or unarmed selected, like AC1 did?

thekyle0
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
The game will keep you equipped to the weapon you had going into the fight. But if you had something like smoke bombs equipped then it will default to your fists.

I found a way to leave the sword behind. There are be a few very minor spoilers in this so if you don't want to spoil it even a little bit then just copy the text into a file on your computer and then just open that file up once you get the game.

At the villa training ring select the tutorial for picking up weapons. You're probably not thick enough to need this move taught to you but that isn't the point. The point is that when you exit the tutorial the primary weapon you were carrying will be on the ground outside the training ring and Ezio can go without it. Of course he still has to keep the dagger but that doesn't stick out quite as much. Just be careful not to pick up or disarm any weapons from the guards other than daggers, spears/halberds, or axes/claymors. If you do then the game will force you to keep that weapon until you either repeat the drop process or switch out for a different one.

Xenlecan
12-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Something else I found:

:: (Spoiler Alert) ::

After you finish the last level, when you respawn inside the animus, Ezio won't have either the sword or the dagger equipped because he drops them during the cutscene. I went and got my sword from the rack, but left my dagger in its place.

Nallenon
12-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
The point is that when you exit the tutorial the primary weapon you were carrying will be on the ground outside the training ring and Ezio can go without it.
Does that weapon stay on the ground there for ever, or does it go away at some point? Not worth permaloosing a weapon over this, unless it's really fugly..

EDIT: From what I read in another thread, it seems as if any sword lost would reappear in the Villa's armory, is this correct?

Xenlecan
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
It is. During the fight with the Spaniard over the piece of eden in Venice, he performed a sort of counter move that disarmed me...and then he started using both swords to attack me. When I beat him, he ran away with my precious Altair's Sword in his left hand, but it was on my weapon rack when I returned to the Villa.