View Full Version : Map of guards

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 11:37 AM
"Here take a map of where guards will be stationed"

A lot of NPC-s say that when you compleate quests

But how do you access this map?

Kaxen6
05-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Go look at your memories, look at the investigation you did and then there's a thing saying "attachement" which is the map.

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 11:52 AM
You mean the memory map -> where there is city drawn?

Kaxen6
05-18-2008, 12:00 PM
No. In the start menu, it's called uh... additional memories I think? >_> Haven't played in a while.

Marek86
05-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Yoruhana:
You mean the memory map -> where there is city drawn?

You don't exactley need the map, it's useful, but I found it uneccesary and it puts a damper on the realism.

Bobfish_Almight
05-18-2008, 01:43 PM
I didn't even think to look. I thought it was just something that was for Alta´r's benefit

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Here we go.. bobfish having last word :P

Thx for help all

Bobfish_Almight
05-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Does this mean that you can read the letters you pickpocket as well?

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I belive not, if they arent maps that is

Bobfish_Almight
05-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Ahh well, I'll have to remember to at least check the maps next time I play. Thanks for brining this to my attention

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Anther useless post to make you not have last one

Hmm.. but you do see can all solders on your map enyway

Bobfish_Almight
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Why do you have a problem with me having the last post? And I don't think I've ever paid that much attention to the map really. Only when I'm looking for viewpoints and stuff. I don't even really use the mini-map anymore

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Well guards are more something to annoy you than a threat toward end of game so.. no need to know where they are.. (they are practicaly evrywhere.. were there really 20 guards in each street?)

Bobfish_Almight
05-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I remember fighting a fair few of them myself. Sometimes more than twenty

Yoruhana
05-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Fighting in this game means: press down right button (playing with mouse) and ocasionaly press left, while with other hand you eat sandwitch and discuss about global warming with closest person to you. Around 5 min later you will realize opponents gone and you full health :P

But once agen we are off topic, and will therefore end the debate before topic is locked

Bobfish_Almight
05-18-2008, 03:16 PM
That's a very good point. And makes me wonder exactly how useful having a map of where all the guards are really is. Does it actually allow you sneak around, kill them all, then knock off your target without the city alert being called. Because so far it doesn't seem to to me

butcherlavei
05-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Not sure but I think the game spawns/creates a set number of guards for every set number you kill. I wasted a lot of time picking off all the guards patrolling a city block only to have more of them show up after a lil while. And also, some of the letters you pickpocket you can read. Just click on the current memory block and there should be 10 bars. One each for the 6 investigations in the area, the seventh gets unlocked/cleard after going back to bureau and the eight is for the assassination memory. Number 9 and 10 are for completing the viewpoints and rescue citizen missions. Anyways, you can click on each bar to see an overview of those missions, and of those that are of the pickpocket variety, you can sometimes read the romantic missives the villains throw at each other. I could go on, but yeah, you can see I'm more bored than usual. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

BlairCullen02
05-19-2008, 05:34 AM
Go in your memory log and view attachment. I never used it the first time round playing it, but I used it this time and it was quite helpful.

Desmond108
05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
Does this mean that you can read the letters you pickpocket as well?

yes, you can actually.

They paid a lot of attention to detail here.

Bobfish_Almight
05-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Ja, I checked it out. Still haven't had the inclination to actually read any of the files, which is odd for me, but I did check to see if they were there. I'll probably go back and read them all in one splurge when I finish the game again. I love stuff like that, it really adds flavour to a game