PDA

View Full Version : why cant i even see friend playing

Submarinex1
12-29-2006, 05:54 PM
dashboard says hes playing yet i can never see game hes hosting when i search, anyone help

thanks in advance, sorry if its been covered but search didnt really bring up any answers.

Storm_593
12-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I have the same problem.
Also when I search for matches I feel it shows much fewer matches then there actually is. This is when I only search for example team survival or team sharpshooter. The point is whatever type of match I search for, the result doesnt actually show all the servers available I think. I have tried to search for matches included different types of matches more or less any time of the day for a good period of time, and are left with a feeling that the list of matches/servers I get are not complete. There are matches being played out there wich I cant see! That irritates me alot.
My proof of this is when someone I know is hosting a match of lets say team survival, that server might not show when I search like you are saying. Also I often get the message saying "this session is no longer available" or whatever when playing the game, and I know that session is actually available becouse one of my friends are playing on it. So then I search for it and it doesnt show.
I have a good connection (7 mgb down, and 1 mgb up). I live in Norway. Everything on my router and stuff is fixed and set up for xbox live and I dont have problems with other games be it pc or xbox to get good connections. The thing is, when I search for matches I get very few servers on the list with good ping. I know ofcourse this has to do with the hosts connection. But I refuse to believe that so few hosts has a good connection or that there are so few players with good connections hosting matches at the same time. I mean, this game has been sold all over Europe, and I have always played alot with French, German, English, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Danish, more or less I have always had good connections to almost all over Europe. And remember I have a good connection myself, no router problems or whatever, and I have been doing searches for all different types of matches at any time of the day in a good period of time. The result is always like 3 or 4 servers with green ping, the rest: alot yellow and maybe just as many red pings. I think its wierd, and Iv got a strong feeling that many servers which could /should have had green ping for me are not actually showing up in the servers list. I cant understand how this cant be the truth.
It annoys me, becouse when I get the "this session is no longer available" bug. I have to look for a new server and that can take alot of time becouse most servers are not showing up. Also the list of servers I get are very often the same, I see alot of the same host names showing up, like its kinda stuck only circling between a select few servers when searching. It just doesnt feel right.

I would be very happy to get an official response to this. Ubi, is this a problem you are aware of? Or to the other players, are you experiencing something similar?
I think this is kinda important. Is it a bug? Or is it "working as intended"? Could it be fixed?
Also when I search for matches, could the servers be listed with those with good ping on top, and all be sorted after ping?

I know theres something fishy about the server listing, it must be!

Submarinex1
12-30-2006, 04:59 AM
yer thats my problem, i see my mate playing but cant find him ,mean while hes sending me messages saying what game hes hosting

Storm_593
12-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Cmon now ppl!
Is it only me and this guy who thinks the server listing when searching for matches are not really showing all the matches available?
Or are we the only ones thinking this is a problem?

I dont like having to choose from a select few servers, I want to see them all and choose the one I want. Atleast I want to see all the servers with green ping. The red ones doesnt matter that much...Im not giving up on this issue, I know something isnt righthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
If you read my other post you will see what I mean, and to add to that: When I search for matches, I feel that the search goes much too fast (from the time I click "search" to the list are shown) to actually find all the servers available. The search-function must be taking some shortcuts, and the result is just some of the total available servers showing.
Let me hear what you others think please?
You are not experiencing this?

Storm_593
12-30-2006, 06:24 PM
One more thing I recently discovered, is that when I join a server which shows yellow ping on the servers list, almost always it turns into a green ping when I have joined it. So this is more proof of how the search function is not doing its job properly or working as it should.
Well, Il keep on discussing these "server search" issues with myself. Im feeling Im starting to get close to the truth regarding the bugs or whatever is out there.
Would still be nice to hear from ppl about theire experience with searching for servers tho. Its getting pretty wierd discussing this with myself.....And I cant believe why more ppl arent aware of this issue.

Storm_593
01-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Bump, becouse its a huge issue and more ppl need to see it. Is it not true what Iv been saying in this post?

Batzter
01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Are you guys sure that you are looking for the right thing in the correct list? I mean if he´s already in an on-going ranked match you wont be able to find him there, thats quite obvious, and if its player match you could just join him through the dashboard unless its full private slots or a full game. It might be that ive never encountered this thing myself and that im just pointing out the obvious but no one has ever NOT found me and im always playing ranked with buddies. About that btw, why the hell has they (several 360 game developers) made that messy btw, i mean they know that theres ways to get around it and that ppl will use these ways. Thats the only thing i find good about the otherwise crappy halo 2, the matchmaking, the ability to form parties and invisible player g-tags in pre-game lobbies. Its almost impossible to boost in the more popular gametypes that way, i assume that boosting is why the prevent ppl to play ranked with buddies on the 360 games.