PDA

View Full Version : medals and how they are awarded

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 03:49 AM
Hm, i admit i was too lazy to look up if this has already been posted, but concerning medals EAW had a great feature - when you clicked on a medal, a document with the date and kills of the flight you did showed up. Funny though, this kind of crapped up in the translation. In the german version the text read like follows:
For shooting down the knights cross with oak leaves in the skies over Aix-en-Provence, Oberleutnant Karl Koebler is awarded 6 enemy planes. His bravery and skill are uncommon etc. ...
Just imagine your squadron leader saying:
"you really showed that knights cross who's boss today! I'm honored to award you these 6 hurricanes - by the way, just park them in hangar 3 until we find a better spot..."
Anyway, it was a great and easy to do immersion feat. Would love to see it in BoB.

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 03:49 AM
Hm, i admit i was too lazy to look up if this has already been posted, but concerning medals EAW had a great feature - when you clicked on a medal, a document with the date and kills of the flight you did showed up. Funny though, this kind of crapped up in the translation. In the german version the text read like follows:
For shooting down the knights cross with oak leaves in the skies over Aix-en-Provence, Oberleutnant Karl Koebler is awarded 6 enemy planes. His bravery and skill are uncommon etc. ...
Just imagine your squadron leader saying:
"you really showed that knights cross who's boss today! I'm honored to award you these 6 hurricanes - by the way, just park them in hangar 3 until we find a better spot..."
Anyway, it was a great and easy to do immersion feat. Would love to see it in BoB.

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 03:51 AM
sorry, this post was supposed to be in Euro_Snoop's "ideas for Bob post, but i don't see any way to put it there...

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 06:07 AM
Sounds kinda cool. I'd love to be able to better document my kills and accomplishments(besides saving the track,of course!).

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 10:14 AM
in that case, they got it even better - a nice little diary with each day of action marked with date, type of mission, kills, awards / promotions and outcome.
Concerning immersion, EAW is still unbeaten.
Concerning graphics, it is. To combine the features, woohoo!