PDA

View Full Version : Should we go back too 401m ?

AFJ_Locust
10-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Personaly I feal that this patch has reached a new all time Low sue me for my opinion or flame me I dont care...

I been flying this since it was released years ago & never invisioned ac that fly like these now do

Its not realistic

Personaly Id say we should all go back too 401m & wait for the real patch, 401m was at least decent.

ImpStarDuece
10-23-2005, 12:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Tachyon1000
10-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Angling.

msalama
10-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Its not realistic

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oh, most definitely it isn't. Why, how can one even _ARGUE_ with such a brilliantly well-founded and scientifically backed claim, I humbly ask?

waffen-79
10-23-2005, 01:48 AM
I love flying in AFJ Server, does this mean that AFJ server will run 4.01m?

I really like this new patch

Tully__
10-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Locust I know you're frustrated with this patch, but that post is hardly the approach to take. Most of those with the problems you're experiencing have found that a re-install of a newly downloaded patch (or in some cases the whole game) has dramatically improved matters. Why not give that a try before starting in on the chest beating and hair pulling?

Tully__
10-23-2005, 05:51 AM
For the rest of you, Locust is not baiting, he's been having real problems. Pull your collective heads in before they get knocked off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chuck_Older
10-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
Personaly I feal that this patch has reached a new all time Low sue me for my opinion or flame me I dont care...

I been flying this since it was released years ago & never invisioned ac that fly like these now do

Its not realistic

Personaly Id say we should all go back too 401m & wait for the real patch, 401m was at least decent.

You didn't like 4.01 either, I just checked on a forum search

OK, I know you're having trouble. Look, I had to d/l 4.01m five times on a dialup to get it to work, I can relate

I've read many of your posts. I understand that you're just trying to have fun. Maybe if you started outlining your issues that might br resolvable, instead of just saying "this isn't realistic" and acting defensive from the get-go, you could get some help?

Lots of folks are having joystick issues for example. Some can't fly Axis planes, some have joysticks that flip out when they are within firing range, and some folks have joysticks that are making the nose wander all over. These issues are fixable

But you give us nothing to work with here. Zilch, zero, nada, zip, not the slightest inkling of what is wrong

So no matter how much anyone might like to help, they can't for two reasons:

1) you don't say what the trouble is

2) you won't let anyone help

Is it any wonder you get flamed? I mean seriously, I just read your comments about 4.01. You hated it. You just disliked it less than 4.02. i can't help but wonder if you had a resolvable issue that nobody wanted to help you sort out because of a negative attitude. For real, you're very confrontational, you have no give, so it's hard to have a little "give and take" with you

Why don't you try a new approach and ask for help instead of immediately taking on the world? What's the downside? You have nothing to lose.

LEBillfish
10-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Well IMO It was perfectly fine at one time.

I haven't been flying since 401 hit the scene.. I gave 401m three weeks it is pure pork IMO. I'm ecstatic to see that there's a new patch & maybe my sincere fondness for Il2 will be restored. I can only hope.

And the simple fact of the matter is ONE Patch can change everything & often does, It can take the greatest flying sim on the market & turn it into a coaster.

I've been here for every patch & upgrade since Il2 Sturmovik was released, 401m was the only one that I can really say was BAD, the others changed the game allot in good & bad way's which were acceptable for the most part

401m unacceptable

So now maybe I will be able to fly and have fun again in 402. So check yer six .

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/7751041363/p/1

SeaFireLIV
10-23-2005, 07:29 AM
That means 4.02m is ok. On another note, Locust, perhpas you should`ve stayed satisfied with 4.01m after all... I`ll bet you won`t be whining for a 4.03m!

Maybe your problem is with more than just the Patch. Joystick settings mebbe? Forget it, I doubt you`ll be happy with anything that`s got a 4. to it.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-23-2005, 07:40 AM
When a new patch comes out, or anything for that matter, I uninstall everything, and reinstall it all together, making a totally fresh copy, and I have no problems at all ever, sept for that rtsdll deal or whatever. Maybe you should also reinstall everything. Or just goo back to 4.01m by urself.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-23-2005, 07:40 AM
OFF TOPIC:::BillFish u get a deer yet??

LEBillfish
10-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Locust look here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2161079963

Yes Panzer, a doe with lance, 10pt. with recurve.

VW-IceFire
10-23-2005, 08:57 AM

Its not realistic

Check out Billfish's and my threads regarding control issues and FM. Its not you and its not the patch either (not persay).

You are experiencing a technical difficulty, like many of us, that seems to occur randomly and seems to really make things unpleasant.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-23-2005, 10:14 AM
BillFish did u install a 2.04 patch after aep, and before pf??

LEBillfish
10-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by VVaFFenPanZZeR:
BillFish did u install a 2.04 patch after aep, and before pf??

yes.....always do though they claim it's not needed.

AFJ_Locust
10-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Tully__:
Locust I know you're frustrated with this patch, but that post is hardly the approach to take. Most of those with the problems you're experiencing have found that a re-install of a newly downloaded patch (or in some cases the whole game) has dramatically improved matters. Why not give that a try before starting in on the chest beating and hair pulling?

Hi Tully I have tryed reinstalling from scratch

Im going to try one more time maybe & dl all patchs from a differant location

I understand that some people are experiancing this problem and others are not, So there must be something differant that Im doing that there not...

Thats the part im trying to figure out (on the install that is)

anyway many vetran flyers are saying certain ac bounce/bobble/yaw more than others, I must agree

When I did the Fresh install heres the order

Backup "Users, Net, Skins, Readme, Pdf's, rcu, Config.ini" folders & files.

Next

Uninstall game
Reboot
Defrag
Reboot
Install FB
go into game fly for 2 seconds close game.
Reboot.
Install AEP
Reboot.
Install PF
Reboot.
Install patch pf_patch303m.exe (100MB)
Reboot.
Install patch pf_patch401m.exe (141MB)
Reboot.
Install patch pf_v402m.exe (31MB)
Reboot.
Defrag
Reboot

Next I hand insert into the new Config.ini & rcu all the settings from the old config.ini & rcu, I dont just overwright them.

Next I copy USER NET SKINS Folders back into the new Install

Im anal on the patching process, now you see why I dont want to do this again, Its a long process Normaly everything works just FINE

Not this time, its an input sensitivity problem, the handeling of all ac is realy messed up Its like flying a Baloon with wings and a motor, The bouncy bouncy is insane if this is reality no one would have ever shot down anyone in WWII cuz none would have been able to aim on anything.

I also tryd this and other variations of it

1.Set joystick input setting to default
2.Load quick mission and fly for a short while (only needs to be seconds)
3.Exit quick mission
4.Quit the game
5.Load up game, enter in your personal stick settings.
6.Quit game without flying.
7.Use game as you would normally.

DOSENT WORK OR many variations

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-23-2005, 10:54 AM
billfish what about 301m to 302m??

AFJ_Locust
10-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Chuck_Older

Most problems I have regaurding computers I can solve easily on my own.

I read all the other topics on this issue & Im not alone here

Ya I didnt care for 401 cuz the German planes were way over the top, This is coming from someone who loves the DORA but when they uberized it I refuse to fly it, k4 was also a wonder bird, anyway none of that matters.

I read alot of posts after 402 was released before I posted a single thing, so I had already done my homework & I tryed everything that anyone mentioned that made sence to resolve the issue

The issue is the Input sensitivity, cant aim on nothing cuz the ac noze is bouncing up & down wildly & the yaw is realy messed up, certain ac have this effects yet others seem less effected
by it or not at all, So im not sure if its a bad patch DL or a bad patch all together, why should some ac boble about like baloons with wings and others like la7 dora k4 zero not be effected by this bouncy bull8chit

If the FM is going to dictate that ac were bouncy unstable junk then ALL the ac should be this way not just SOME

In a firari you have a great ride smooth handeling and stability with great cornering

In a cadilac the ride is differant but its still a car & certain things about driveing do not change, that should be the same with flying an ac certain things would be the same across the board.

LEBillfish
10-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by VVaFFenPanZZeR:
billfish what about 301m to 302m??

no, didn't as they had their issues and 3.03 was a 3.00 to 3.03 patch

LEBillfish
10-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Locust.....try again

Re-patching did nothing.

Working stick settings just dulled it.

Deleting and re-adding fresh files did little.

Essentially, nothing worked........So giving into the inevitable, I saved my critical files, and deleted IL2-AEP-PF....checking to make sure I removed all aspects of the sim using both "Add/Remove Software" & then insuring it by deleting all files and folders (yet did NOT insure registry was wiped).

Next I completely reinstalled in this manner (and yes I realize some steps/patches are normally by-passed yet this is how I do it)

*Downloaded 4.02 AGAIN from Ubi site (31,039 Kb)
*Defrag
*Reboot
*IL2FB
*AEP
*PF
*3.03m
*3.03 to 3.04m
*4.01m
*4.02m
*Reboot
*Defrag
*Start Sim (Run it long enough to generate user files and folders and check settings) then shut it down.
*Add IL2 utility software
*Made a copy of Conf.exe & Users\Doe\Settings.ini renaming copies ConfORIG.ini etc.
*Deleted contents of Conf/settings.ini's using notepad.
*Paste contents from old Conf/settings.ini's into new empty files.
*Added back Paint/Samples(sound) files.
*Started Sim, checked settings.
*Defragged
*Reboot
*Then checked sim.

Made a vast difference. So much so, aspects I had not had in the sim before were added (petty things like QMB start alt from 100-900m)..and no idea what else yet.

However, instantly I could tell the FM was vastly different (from first attempt at 4.02) in QMB. Input flutter was gone. Control was restored. Feel of the plane was much different.

I realize it's a pain, yet if you have been having serious problems with 4.02 take the time and do it. A fresh re-install made a gigantic difference.......Now I'm hoping I can look at the Sim as it really stands in 4.02.

AFJ_Locust
10-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
That means 4.02m is ok. On another note, Locust, perhpas you should`ve stayed satisfied with 4.01m after all... I`ll bet you won`t be whining for a 4.03m!

Maybe your problem is with more than just the Patch. Joystick settings mebbe? Forget it, I doubt you`ll be happy with anything that`s got a 4. to it.

1X=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
1Y=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0

Im not sure if the patch DL is/was bad yes thats true because certain ac seem not to be affected by the bouncy yaw problem, while others are unflyable because of the bouncing and uncontrolability

Thoes are my normal stick settings as you can see there very nice & smooth transition

Ive tryed about 60 other variations to overcome this bouncy ballon ride nothing works

AFJ_Locust
10-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Locust.....try again

Re-patching did nothing.

Working stick settings just dulled it.

Deleting and re-adding fresh files did little.

Essentially, nothing worked........So giving into the inevitable, I saved my critical files, and deleted IL2-AEP-PF....checking to make sure I removed all aspects of the sim using both "Add/Remove Software" & then insuring it by deleting all files and folders (yet did NOT insure registry was wiped).

Next I completely reinstalled in this manner (and yes I realize some steps/patches are normally by-passed yet this is how I do it)

*Downloaded 4.02 AGAIN from Ubi site (31,039 Kb)
*Defrag
*Reboot
*IL2FB
*AEP
*PF
*3.03m
*3.03 to 3.04m
*4.01m
*4.02m
*Reboot
*Defrag
*Start Sim (Run it long enough to generate user files and folders and check settings) then shut it down.
*Add IL2 utility software
*Made a copy of Conf.exe & Users\Doe\Settings.ini renaming copies ConfORIG.ini etc.
*Deleted contents of Conf/settings.ini's using notepad.
*Paste contents from old Conf/settings.ini's into new empty files.
*Added back Paint/Samples(sound) files.
*Started Sim, checked settings.
*Defragged
*Reboot
*Then checked sim.

Made a vast difference. So much so, aspects I had not had in the sim before were added (petty things like QMB start alt from 100-900m)..and no idea what else yet.

However, instantly I could tell the FM was vastly different (from first attempt at 4.02) in QMB. Input flutter was gone. Control was restored. Feel of the plane was much different.

I realize it's a pain, yet if you have been having serious problems with 4.02 take the time and do it. A fresh re-install made a gigantic difference.......Now I'm hoping I can look at the Sim as it really stands in 4.02.

Ill try it sometime next week

Thx

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-23-2005, 11:21 AM
rgr that, thank you.

AFJ_Locust
10-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
On another note, Locust, perhpas you should`ve stayed satisfied with 4.01m after all... I`ll bet you won`t be whining for a 4.03m!

I never whined for any patch to be released I was perfectly happy with whatever was released whenever it was released 304m was fine didnt beg for 401 or 402

I dont beg for patches http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Chuck_Older
10-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Chuck_Older

Most problems I have regaurding computers I can solve easily on my own.

I read all the other topics on this issue & Im not alone here

Ya I didnt care for 401 cuz the German planes were way over the top, This is coming from someone who loves the DORA but when they uberized it I refuse to fly it, k4 was also a wonder bird, anyway none of that matters.

I read alot of posts after 402 was released before I posted a single thing, so I had already done my homework & I tryed everything that anyone mentioned that made sence to resolve the issue

The issue is the Input sensitivity, cant aim on nothing cuz the ac noze is bouncing up & down wildly & the yaw is realy messed up, certain ac have this effects yet others seem less effected
by it or not at all, So im not sure if its a bad patch DL or a bad patch all together, why should some ac boble about like baloons with wings and others like la7 dora k4 zero not be effected by this bouncy bull8chit

If the FM is going to dictate that ac were bouncy unstable junk then ALL the ac should be this way not just SOME

In a firari you have a great ride smooth handeling and stability with great cornering

In a cadilac the ride is differant but its still a car & certain things about driveing do not change, that should be the same with flying an ac certain things would be the same across the board.

A lot of folks are reporting this behavior. I'm one of the lucky ones; I don't have this nose drifting issue, or at least it's similar to 4.01 was- you just nudge the rudder a little and bring the nose back

I don't know why Ubi has trouble with patch and update software so much; it seems to me that the patch I download and the patch you download should be the same and have the same effect- but after my trouble with 4.01 I learned first hand about that. Some folks like me just got corrupted downloads that wouldn't install, but most folks had no trouble installing. To tell the truth I was worried this would happen again with 4.02. But anyway, lots of people seem to have this trouble with over-sensitive controls. I just bought GTR a few weeks agom great racing sim- but my hardware is so sensitive with it that it's impossible to race. In that case, it's my hardware for sure

In 4.02 here though, I haven't even seen a pattern that gives me an idea about the problem. Tully's the joystick man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I wonder if he has an idea of what the trouble is

wiseguy73
10-23-2005, 02:04 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifAFJ Locust you are right. The new patch is full of S@!T. UBI should find a whole new crew and fire Olig and 1C Team. Its wasting my time to see them F up the 109s and 190s, and never change the spit modeling or any other red planes. I can see the market is for the US now and thats just what I hate to see. I will never purchase another UBI game from this point on. I will make this also clear to my friends. I just tired of waiting for something good then it turns out to be nothing. So I feel how you feel about the whole thing. So its time to put up the joystick.

VW-IceFire
10-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by wiseguy73:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifAFJ Locust you are right. The new patch is full of S@!T. UBI should find a whole new crew and fire Olig and 1C Team. Its wasting my time to see them F up the 109s and 190s, and never change the spit modeling or any other red planes. I can see the market is for the US now and thats just what I hate to see. I will never purchase another UBI game from this point on. I will make this also clear to my friends. I just tired of waiting for something good then it turns out to be nothing. So I feel how you feel about the whole thing. So its time to put up the joystick.
Well Locust there seems to be having the same joystick control issue that I was having. Its bloody maddening and its absolutely impossible to fly aircraft with.

Do you have the same problem or not? The method that Billfish outlined works...you may want to consider it.

Badsight.
10-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Im anal on the patching process, now you see why I dont want to do this again, Its a long process Normaly everything works just FINE i know what its like , i have a "FB" hard-drive with just different versions of FB on it

once you are up to a working clean standard copy of v3.04 , why not try saving a copy of it elsewhere if you have space

then if your v4.02 new-patch is fubar then you could delete & then copy the saved v3.04 back ?

i play off copied FB directories online no worries all the time

Chuck_Older
10-23-2005, 02:43 PM

Ubi is a publisher. Maddox games works with 1C:

Stratetegic Simulations has something to do with it as well

Sorry to hear you're having problems. My v 4.02 is only slightly different from v 4.01. So far I've flown the H81A-2, P-51B C and D, FW190 A-4, Bf109E-4, G-2 and D-9, Me 163, P-47D (new model), F4U-1 and YP-80 and honestly? I can tell some handling diffrences, but it's fine tune type of thing, not a coarse adjustment. Mostly it was rudder input, seems to be more gradual now to me. Am I the best pilot around? Dunno, probably not. But I can make a 90* deflection shot with the Fw 190 at 300m. Blew that new Yak right the fu...uh, heck out of the sky. Good aim covers up my other bad flying habits http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ImpStarDuece
10-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Ice, Locust, LeBillfist and to whom else it may concern;

I patched 4.02m from a fresh install of 3.03m. The result was HORRIBLE. The nose of ALL planes, to a greater or lesser degree, felt like it was pendulming on the end of rubber band. Similarly, the rudder axis was incredibly sensitive. Even redressing my settings didn't help.

So I cast about the forums and noticed that several other people had the same problem. Their solutions invariably invovled redownloading 4.02m from a different source to whic they got it the first time. So guess what I did?

1. Downloaded 4.02m from Ubi.com
2.Patched back to 3.03m then 3.04m then 4.01m, just to check that it wsn't my equipment. Nope, no wobbliness there.
3. Patched up to 4.02m. Result; Wobbliness gone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

The handling of the planes in 4.02 is still more delicate than in any opther patch, the nose is much more difficult to accurately put on target. But, that also feels better. 3.03 and 3.04 planes were like rocks. No instability at all. No hard rolls, pitches or yaws send the nose back and forth, with much more obvious momentum issues.

I played 4.01 for about 6 hours yesterday. I think I like it SLIGHTLY more, but that is just personal preferance. Planes are more stable than 4.02 (but very marginally so), but I like the spin, stall and inertial characteristics a little more. 4.02 is still a huge step foward from 3.04, you can really see why piloting a plane in combat would be so difficult.

Bearcat99
10-23-2005, 06:41 PM

Keep in mind that Oleg & 1C arethe creators of the sim. Not Ubisoft. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess I should feel pretty darn fortunate.. I have not had any problems with any install of any of these sims from IL2 on.. with all the patches and hard drive crashes I have had... each and every time it goes in flawlessly.

J_Weaver
10-23-2005, 09:20 PM

Its not realistic

I too was disappointed with the way the aircraft were handling in 4.02 when I first downloaded it. However, after defraging my system, the FM totally changed. Its great now. The aircraft feel like they are flying now. So before you turn blue in teh face try a defrag. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.S. I think something is going on with the patch. What ever my trouble was, the defrag help 100%

Maple_Tiger
10-24-2005, 04:32 AM
"Should we go back to 4.01m"?

Na,lets all go back to version v1.0 for a week. J/K

Just in case there is something messed up, I also uninstalled and reinstalled. I also downoaded 4.02m from UBI this time.

That said, I realy didn't notice that the planes were uncontrolable though. P-47 seemed kind of wabbly, however.

lairdperkins
10-24-2005, 04:49 AM
I just went back to 3.03m for a while. (I just reinstalled the 3.03 patch, didn't reinstall the whole game... its overwriting any files that matter anyway). I setup a test mission, P-51D against 4 HE-111s for target practice.

Didn't have to trim at all, except elevator, very little noticable torque at all RPMs... AC very stable when firing all six 50's.

I then patched to 4.01m...

Noticable torque at all RPMs, had to trim rudder, aileron set to keep flying normally. Still stable guns, not much bounce when shooting as long as elevator trim is neutral for the attack posture (dive, climb into target etc).

I then patched to 4.02m...

Even more pronounced torque... it now seems to ramp up more at higher throttle RPM (like you'd expect)... If I left the trim set as I changed throttle settings, the nose would tend to precess around a fixed axis. It was almost impossible to hit anything. I ended up moving the rudder and aileron trim off onto the throttle (I'd been using the arrow keys)... as long as I adjusted the trim real fast to compensate for increased or decreased throttle... the AC stabalized and gunnery became much easier.

It's still more difficult than 4.01m, and lightyears different than 3.03m. Rudder and Aileron trim have become very important to a stable platform, much as elevator trim did (for me anyway) in 4.01m.

What I don't know is if this is more realistic. One assumes a certain amount of torque and p-factor in a high performance single engine AC. A lot of AC don't even have adjustable Aileron trim however (at least not in flight) and that leads me to wonder if it should really be this neccessary to a stable Aircraft.

Can anyone link any actual WW2 PILOT commentary on the use of trim in fights? I seem to remember reading somewhere (Pappy Boyington mabye) of a pilot who was constantly working the elevator trim at least to gain maximum performance. I find that I have to keep the trim neutralized to be a stable gun platform though, not max deflected...

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-24-2005, 05:03 AM
I've only flew a couple times since the patch, lol but I can't tell if somthings different, I'm not a pilot, I'm a Carpenter, so I don't know the details of what I'm suppose to know about flying, If I were a WW2 pilot, to me it's hard as hell to fly in 1 of your expert servers with the full real on, I fall out of the sky prior to 4.02, and post 4.02, So any ideas why I fall out of the sky??

Someone told me b4 that I try to fly in to many directions at once, is that the reason, I have no Idea, all I want to do is fly a corsair, shoot down some planes. I don't have time to learn a whole new job, lol. I think there should be more, easier, newb friendly servers, out there.

So, the problem this guy has, is it the same as mine, maybe Oleg is leveling the playing sky, unannounced to you all, EH??

dagenham_dave
10-24-2005, 06:43 AM
hmmmmmmm??????

all i do is d/l the patch and install, reboot then play.
how easy is that?
a patch is to patch up errors and such, so why reinstall everything?, seems like a wast of good flying hours http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
they said they would "tweek" the FM and they did.actualy looks like they tweeked various planes, i have flown il2 from day one, and got pf when it was released. i see the sim getting better,
as for the nose jumping around, ever thought that "outside envioroment" might have a little to do with that, mine jumps a little but still dont stop me killing things http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
good luck with ur issues

and the patch aint that bad lol.