PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Play.com?

Atkamon
03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi!

Sorry for opening a new thread for this, I'm just not really sure what to do now. I preordered my copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition for PC months ago on Play.com.

But now there's the possibility, that play.com is no longer in business. I called their support, and a voice in it says "Play.com is out of business, have a nice day"

Has anyone here on the forums ordered their copy at that site? If yes, did you recieve it?

If it really is out of business, is there another site that has the PC Black Edition for sale?

Thank you for your answers!

Atkamon
03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi!

Sorry for opening a new thread for this, I'm just not really sure what to do now. I preordered my copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition for PC months ago on Play.com.

But now there's the possibility, that play.com is no longer in business. I called their support, and a voice in it says "Play.com is out of business, have a nice day"

Has anyone here on the forums ordered their copy at that site? If yes, did you recieve it?

If it really is out of business, is there another site that has the PC Black Edition for sale?

Thank you for your answers!

KZarr
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I ordered Battlefield Bad Company 2 from Play.com and it was shipped two days ago

dougien1
03-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I ordered Assassin's Creed 2 from play.com. It was sent on 03/03/2010 and I received it on 04/03/2010.

NightmareGK13
03-05-2010, 05:41 PM
is there a way to order it from play.com without the credit card?

i have a debit card but it doesn't have the CV2 code because cards in portugal work differently
and i cant seem to order it anywhere
they always request the same fu... CV code
3 numbers on the signarue side and whatnot

KZarr
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately not. I was lucky enough to get a credit-card together with my debit card.

People in the EU( apart from the UK) barely use a creditcard. Most don't even have one.

NightmareGK13
03-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Order placed
what does this mean?

and how come it says the black edition is in stock and on the special features it says sold out?

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4...Edition/Product.html (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/10287867/Assassin-Creed-II-Black-Edition/Product.html)

i managed to use my girlfriends credit card to order it but as you can see it says in stock
read below on the special features and you'll get something different

still it says the order was placed whatever that means

DGVerhaeghe
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
i've preorderend the black edition on play.com months ago and so far i've received nothing, even though i received the email that my order was posted

lost hope of receiving anything at all at this point. just waiting till thursday till i can mark my shipment as lost (though i doubt it was ever sent at all)

Black_Widow9
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DGVerhaeghe:
i've preorderend the black edition on play.com months ago and so far i've received nothing, even though i received the email that my order was posted

lost hope of receiving anything at all at this point. just waiting till thursday till i can mark my shipment as lost (though i doubt it was ever sent at all) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you contacted Play.com's Support or shipping department regarding your game?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
cancelled the black edition,but standard came fast and fine from them.

maybe they ran out ?

DGVerhaeghe
03-23-2010, 06:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DGVerhaeghe:

lost hope of receiving anything at all at this point. just waiting till thursday till i can mark my shipment as lost (though i doubt it was ever sent at all) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you contacted Play.com's Support or shipping department regarding your game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried calling on +44 1534 877595(from Belgium) but i get the message that "the service is unavailable, we apologize...",

not really sure that's the number i was supposed to call, but it was the only international number i found on the site (it popped up after i accidentally mistyped my password). I didn't find an email-address either, so i intended to wait till i could mark the option shipment lost (only possible 3 weeks after the product is posted) If anyone knows another way of contacting them, please share.

I've always received my orders straight away (2-3 days after the message that my oder had been posted), this is the first time play.com didn't come trough for me. The reason i don't really expect anything to come anymore is cause i read there was a similar problem with the xbox/ps3 version a few months ago, where too many preorders were taken and these people also received the message that the product was posted, even though it was never send at all. don't know if/how they got a refund though.

caswallawn_2k7
03-23-2010, 06:16 AM
the only contact for play.com is 08458001020, so from outside the UK you should dial 00448458001020

Stratcaller.
03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
I got my Black Edition 2 weeks after PC release. I was sick of the waiting time!

KZarr
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM

I ordered BFBC2 from play.com, I ordered the Limited Edition, it took 2 weeks to arrive(from UK to the Netherlands), when I checked the stamps it turned out the package was send to Switzerland two times until it was dispatched to the Netherlands. I don't know if this is a postal error or a mistake from Play.com.

When I opened the package it turned out to be the normal version, but whatever, I waited for two weeks so I didn't bother contacting them about it.

DGVerhaeghe
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM
thanks for the help, but the game arrived after all (3 weeks too late). the package seemed to have been opened, so customs might have held on to it for a while (fortunately only the protective box had been opened, the game itself was still sealed)

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:

I ordered BFBC2 from play.com, I ordered the Limited Edition, it took 2 weeks to arrive(from UK to the Netherlands), when I checked the stamps it turned out the package was send to Switzerland two times until it was dispatched to the Netherlands. I don't know if this is a postal error or a mistake from Play.com.

When I opened the package it turned out to be the normal version, but whatever, I waited for two weeks so I didn't bother contacting them about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its common,my friend in the dam has me buy them and send them via my parcel service,he then gets what he wants 2 days maximum after i get it.

but settling for a standard at black prices is just nuts.

TheLeoCrow
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I had a friend who currently lives in the uk order the black edition of ac2 for me from Play.com (because they don't ship anything to Greece if it's worth more than 30 pounds, i have no idea why). He received it in less than a week and forwarded it to me.

For those who wonder why it says "out of stock" in the description, the reason appears to be this: After the announcement for the delay in the pc version, they eventually stopped offering it for the pc. That's when it started saying that it was out of stock. A few months later, when it was announced that it would include the DRM that it has, it reopened but they didn't bother changing the description. As long as they sell it, means that they have it. Maybe at first they didn't know how many they would receive or they had tones of canselations because of the DRM or both. Either way, the game is good enough to partially forgive the DRM

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow: Maybe at first they didn't know how many they would receive or they had tones of canselations because of the DRM or both. Either way, the game is good enough to partially forgive the DRM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have family working at a major retailers,and so far she says 28% of AC2 sold were returned mainly due to the 24/7 internet connection,this scares the hell out of the pc/internet novice,when everything online screams about the dangers of turning off firewalls and anti virus,you cant blame them for not wanting to do it.

so its not because of the drm etc,its simply because thier parents didnt have the pc skills needed to do the tweaking and such to get the game running.

not everyone is a pc wizard/nerd,and if a kid trys to get a game working and it doesnt work right from the start,they ask dad,and if dad doesnt want to disable this and turn off that,then they just take them back to store to buy another game.

which i can understand.