PDA

View Full Version : Smooth FoV zoom on all CH setup?

GoToAway
08-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm new to CH.

On my X45, I had it set up so that I could smoothly zoom the FoV using the hat. I haven't been able to get this working with my CH gear. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Capt.LoneRanger
08-08-2006, 07:45 AM
You can assign keys (or Joytick-Buttons) to "Increase FOV" and "Decrease FOV" (under controls). If you know what keys you used in your X45 setup, you can assign the keys a hat of your CH-HOTAS.
On the other hand, it isn't a big deal to remap these functions.

GoToAway
08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
You can assign keys (or Joytick-Buttons) to "Increase FOV" and "Decrease FOV" (under controls). If you know what keys you used in your X45 setup, you can assign the keys a hat of your CH-HOTAS.
On the other hand, it isn't a big deal to remap these functions. I know. The thing is, that is not a smooth zoom. I don't want to have to hit the the button ten times to zoom out 10 steps. I want to hit it once.

The Saitek's software, it was pretty easy to bind increase/decrease FoV to any key and then use a macro to continually press that key while the hat on the hat switch was pushed in one direction. Hence it zoomed smoothly.

I'd like to know how to do this with CH hardware. I know it's possible. I just don't know how to do it (and I'm hoping that I don't need to go in and learn the scripting language, because I really don't have a desire to do anything more than this. I'm just so used to playing this way that I can't play without it.)

Crash_Moses
08-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I think it has to do with how fast your keyboard recognizes key presses. There is often a delay programmed in to cut down on unwanted key presses. I had the same problem with my F-22 but fortunatly Thrustmaster allowed for changing the key press speed in the programming.

There may be a similar feature in the CH programming software. Or possibly in your operating system.

Hope that helps...at least a little.

JZG_Thiem
08-08-2006, 11:24 AM
CMS script file:

//
// Game Title:
// Written By:
// Date:
//
script
SEQUENCE;
WHILE (JS1.B13);
CMS.B5 = TRUE ;
DELAY(1);
CMS.B5 = FALSE;
DELAY(1);
ENDSEQUENCE
SEQUENCE;
WHILE (JS1.B15);
CMS.B7 = TRUE;
DELAY (1);
CMS.B7 = FALSE;
DELAY(1);
ENDSEQUENCE
endScript

command file CMC:

zoomin NULL KP8
zoomout NULL KP2

in IL2 hardware setup bind "keypad 8" and "keypad 2" to the fuctions "zoom one step in/out)

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2141/ch1at2.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5598/ch2qo0.jpg

GoToAway
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks, Thiem. It looks like I am going to have to pick up yet another scripting language for a game. I was hoping I was overlooking some simple macro feature, but oh well.

I'll go set this up.

Thanks again.

GoToAway
08-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I see nowhere to enter the cmc. According to the help, it should be a tab on the CMS editor, but it isn't there.

The help also says you can use a plain text editor to create it as long as you keep it in the same directory as the map, but this isn't working and the whole thing won't download.

WOLFMondo
08-09-2006, 05:12 AM
I use FBviewplus combined with my hat switch. Simple and easy to set up.

Capt.LoneRanger
08-09-2006, 06:08 AM
You can also adjust the speed the buttons are repeated in the general setup (program settings-tab)

BillyTheKid_22
08-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Howdy!!! GoToAway, I will buy new CH Later.. I still save saitek X45. thank you !!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BrotherVoodoo
08-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks JZG_Thiem, I was looking for something just like this! It works great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by JZG_Thiem:
CMS script file:

//
// Game Title:
// Written By:
// Date:
//
script
SEQUENCE;
WHILE (JS1.B13);
CMS.B5 = TRUE ;
DELAY(1);
CMS.B5 = FALSE;
DELAY(1);
ENDSEQUENCE
SEQUENCE;
WHILE (JS1.B15);
CMS.B7 = TRUE;
DELAY (1);
CMS.B7 = FALSE;
DELAY(1);
ENDSEQUENCE
endScript

command file CMC:

zoomin NULL KP8
zoomout NULL KP2

in IL2 hardware setup bind "keypad 8" and "keypad 2" to the fuctions "zoom one step in/out)

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2141/ch1at2.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5598/ch2qo0.jpg

GoToAway
08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Any further details?

BrotherVoodoo
08-17-2006, 10:05 PM
I believe you set the ability to use CMS controls when you initially build your profile. You can also add it after the fact by clicking your add joystick icon and choose cms controls on the list. The you can open the CM editor. There are two tabs, one for the script and one for the command file.

Phalcon_51
08-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by JZG_Thiem:
zoomin NULL KP8
zoomout NULL KP2

I don't see a "zoom one step in/out" only "Increase FOV" and "Decrease FOV" Are these what I should bind KP2 and KP8 to?

skissors
08-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Posted Tue August 08 2006 06:01
I'm new to CH.

On my X45, I had it set up so that I could smoothly zoom the FoV using the hat

I have an X-45 I was wondering how you set up a smooth zoom on the hat. I can only get it to zoom in and out one hat press at a time. I want to be able to let go when i want to stop zooming.

Cheers

JZG_Thiem
08-18-2006, 04:37 AM
Phalcon_51: yes, thats it. Since im using german versin of the game i wasnt sure what was the exact description in the english interface.

Ppl who transfer from X45 to CH, remember one thing plz: the minimum character-rate is much bigger for CH than for X45 (25ms to be precise, whil i was on 0.1 for X45. Depends o.c. on your frame rate. Useless to use fast zoom on slow machine :-P ). Was quite nasty for me to do the transition, but i finally got used to it.

GoToAway
08-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Phalcon_51:
I don't see a "zoom one step in/out" only "Increase FOV" and "Decrease FOV" Are these what I should bind KP2 and KP8 to? Those look like variables to me. It shouldn't matter what they are so long as they're defined somewhere.

Originally posted by skissors:
I have an X-45 I was wondering how you set up a smooth zoom on the hat. I can only get it to zoom in and out one hat press at a time. I want to be able to let go when i want to stop zooming. I don't have the saitek software installed so I can't check, but it's pretty straightforward.

You'll want to bind FoV zoom in/out to keys on your keyboard (say Q and W.)

Then in the Saitek software you'd want to bind Q and W to the up and down positions of the hat on the stick. There's then a tab on the right side of the program that lets you bind keyboard buttons to buttons on the stick. It also lets you create simple little macros. You'll just want to set it so that up on the hat corrisponds to whatever you have set to zoom the FoV in and set it to repeat in that little tab.

Anyway, I finally got it working.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">script
timer( interval, d1, 1, 1 ) = js1.b9;
cms.b9 = d1;
timer( interval, d2, 1, 1 ) = js1.b11;
cms.b11 = d2;
endScript</pre>

Then I just bound cms.b9 and cms.b11 to Q and W on the keyboard and set that up in Il-2. And I set the char repeat rate to 25ms. It now does what I want it to do.