PDA

View Full Version : anyone wished ezio was more ... like altair

notafanboy
09-07-2010, 03:50 PM
i like both characters but i think ezio is too "happy" in the game if you watch the cinematic trailers he is super serious but sometimes in the game he is like "assassinations ftw" in the ac2 cinematic trailer he act like an assassins

magesupermaster
09-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Off topic- You can't act like an "assassins"

notafanboy
09-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
Off topic- You can't act like an "assassins" i edited it 1 second b4 you came here

phil.llllll
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I think it would be lame if they just copy pasted personalities. Altair was unique and I'm glad they kept it that way. However, I do wish Ezio was a more fully developed character or, developed differently.

ninjasownu
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Whatever gets the job done. Altair grew up to kill Ezio did not. Ezio has more of a human side. But no I like how Ezio is because if we played with someone like altair it wouldnt be so much of a sequel. Ezio has more of a story behind his life and why he started to kill.

Chris199930
09-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Does anybody remember the early days of Altair,when he was just like Ezio?I believe that in AC:B he will be more like him.

TheMusingMoose
09-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Chris199930:
Does anybody remember the early days of Altair,when he was just like Ezio?I believe that in AC:B he will be more like him.

Why does everybody say he was just like Altair. He was not! I don't even see a resemblance to Ezio at the beginning of AC1. Can you explain how they are similar please?

MolochXX
09-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Actually, I prefer Ezio's functioning personality to Altair's "stoic badass" mindset. One thing I liked best about the story of AC2 was the fact that your fellow assassins were "regular" people, that you might not expect. It's cooler to imagine the order permeating every level of society and having a wide range of personas rather than it being some creepy cult, monolithic in personality.

JohnConnor2012
09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Despite being bought up in some overcontrolling cult, Altair develops a lot during AC1, eventually assuming exactly the sort of personal responsibility the cult was supposed to eradicate from believers.

That said, Ezio is a lot more human: he has a sex life, he tells jokes, he starts off as a dumb rich kid but learns bigger issues are at stake. Actually goes too far at the end of AC2, something he will regret at leisure in ACB.

Want to know the biggest let-down personality in the AC series so far? Desmond. Spends most of his time apologising and being kicked around by everyone around him. Hopefully AC3 will be an improvement in that respect.

NewBlade200
09-07-2010, 06:37 PM
i dont want ezio to become like altair. ezio is a uniqe charecter with his own personality. if you looked around for another ezio you would have a hard time finding him. altair you could find another him if you looked around for a minuet. ezio has a fully developed personality that can be adapted and change like a real person. i want ezio to learn the resposibility of being a GRANDmaster assassin but still keep his ezio-ness hes an interesting charecter. he shouldnt be ruined by people who only want a bland charecter with no personality http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif im not disrespecting other peoples opinions im just stating my own http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

souNdwAve89
09-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I agree with some of the posts on here. It is good that Ezio is his own character instead of a carbon copy of Altair.

Altair started off as a cocky jerk, but changed completely before the end. A lot of people seem to like Ezio a little more, but I personally like Altair better. They are 2 different characters, but Altair has that badass aura around him. He was trained at a young age to be a stealthy murderer, so the chances of him being serious throughout the game is high.

Ezio on the other hand is awesome too since he had that cheerful personality at the start of the game. That attitude vanishes when his father and brothers were killed. His role in the game is similar to a lot of super heroes, who go through hardships and become a caped crusader. Ezio's assassin skills was dormant until he learned his families' history.

L0rdeKing
09-07-2010, 07:17 PM
regarding Altair, I think he had a strong personality. in his early life - spoilers- he was tasked with recovering an ancient artifact known as the Chalice. Learning that, in order to complete his task, he must obtain three keys from their Templar owners, Altaïr began his quest; in the process aiding in the defence of Acre and revealing the identity of a traitor to the Assassins' – Harash. Eventually coming across an old associate named Adha, Altaïr astonished her with the information that she was the Chalice. Upon this revelation however, the Templar Lord Basilisk kidnapped her and spirited her to Tyre.

Making his way to the port of Tyre, Altaïr found and killed Lord Basilisk, only to discover that Adha was not with him, but on another vessel. It would be years before Altaïr found Adha again, but was too late to save her; all he could do was avenge her. In the Codex, Altaïr remarks that he hunted down and killed all of Adha's killers, but commented that the act brought him no joy, as the deed could neither console him or bring her back. that is why we can assume that Adha's death has fallen heavily on Altair and changed him to the arrogant man who wants to get the mission done with whatever means available and of course most of you know how his personalty developed throughout the game.

Babotaco
09-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I think it would be lame if they just copy pasted personalities. Altair was unique and I'm glad they kept it that way. However, I do wish Ezio was a more fully developed character or, developed differently.

Hence the continuation of the story in brotherhood. Even from watching the developer previews, they make mention of Ezio becoming more of a mature assassin. Before he lived a carefree lifestyle and was just thrown into being an assassin, now he's seeing a whole new light of it. So, there you go, we should be seeing a more serious Ezio this time around.

X10J
09-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
if you looked around for another ezio you would have a hard time finding him.

I disagree. A rich, smooth-talking, vigilante driven to fighting evil through the murder of his family. Remind you of any one?

(Batman) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ninjasownu
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
HUGE difference between them. Batman does not kill.

X10J
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
not realy that much of a differance

EzioAssassin51
09-08-2010, 03:09 AM
You can probably post this here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2281008558/p/1) or in another thread that talks about this that i can't seem to find http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

souNdwAve89
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Arandual:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

Hence the continuation of the story in brotherhood. Even from watching the developer previews, they make mention of Ezio becoming more of a mature assassin. Before he lived a carefree lifestyle and was just thrown into being an assassin, now he's seeing a whole new light of it. So, there you go, we should be seeing a more serious Ezio this time around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, we've seen a mature/serious Ezio already. Ever since his father and brothers died, he stopped being carefree. So pretty much he was about 20% carefree at the start of the game and the other 80% in serious mode. Yeah, he did relax a little here and there by having sex with random women as a reward lol.

Ubisoft did an awesome job to show a matured Ezio. They even added a beard and wrinkles and made his voice deeper as the game progresses.

Akasha_Ishtar
09-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Really I think Ezio is fine the way he is, if you think about it he was throw into the life of an assassin out of nowhere so it was pretty much like a huge slap in the face for him so it was kill or be killed, he had to learn the tricks of the trade in a much shorter amount of time as well sure thing he still has a bit of fun ever now and then but hey when you think about it that’s got to be a lot of stress doing half of the stuff he does but when it comes down to getting the job done he does it as it should be done, sure he may make a mistake here or there but everyone does.

hewkii9
09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Altair's a superior character, but I wouldn't change Ezio for the world. Putting Altair in the Renaissance wouldn't make any sense, whereas Ezio belongs there.

Besides, I like having my choice between a ruthless, moral hitman, and Bloodthirsty Italian Batman. Might just be my playstyle, but I get such a kick out of fast walking up to a roof guard with my mace, and *wham!*

FrankieSatt
09-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I never liked Altair in AC1. His attitude turned me off.

I much prefer Ezio. I hope they don't make him too serious in Brotherhood. A little light heartness never hurt anyone.

souNdwAve89
09-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I think Ezio will be like how he was in AC2 after his family members were executed. Don't forget that Ezio has finally finished his father's work and when it is time to return home to rest, the villa is under siege. Besides the major damage to the villa, his uncle also died at the hands of the Templars again. So in a sense, Ezio has all the right to be serious. I wouldn't mind Ezio being how he was at the start of AC2, but the situation has gotten much more serious.

X10J
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I disagree. That would pretty much lose all of our character progression.

JohnConnor2012
09-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Please read the whole of SoundWave's last sentence, not just the first half of it, X10J: "but the situation has got more serious".

notafanboy
09-10-2010, 05:27 AM
i don´t want ezio to become altair only a little more like him

DukeFirewood
09-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Each one is unique.

Ezio suites Ezio and I would want hime to be like Altair.
Altair suites Altair and I wouldn't want him to be like Ezio.

They are both unique and conditioned according to the times they lived in.

rain89c
09-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Altair is definitely more full fledged killer and more badass than Ezio.
Ezio dresses too fancy, and the atmosphere doesnt feel as "real and cool" while raoming the streets in Italy compared to AC1 with Altair's roaming the city (it just feels more satisfying and more real).

But Ezio's human side was necessary because he was trained to be an Assassin from scratch, while Altair was real deal, he was trained at a young age.

AubreyWilborn
09-12-2010, 10:28 AM
I would like to see a more serious Ezio in Brotherhood's saga. I wanna see a gruff, experienced, middle-aged badass strutting around the streets of Rome.

You know, the kind of guy who could realistically build an army of trained killers from the ground up and lead them to take back a city. I hope Ezio in ACB is NOTHING like the Ezio in the beginning of AC2.