PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X52 Flight Controller And Throttle

Marstiphal
07-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi all, I'm just looking for some advice on controller configuration for the Saitek X52 Flight Controller And Throttle.

I was wondering if anyone uses this joystick without TrackIR (which I'll get when i can afford it) and how they set it up for looking about. I used to have an old joystick with a throttle attached and used the mouse to look around the plane but now having a larger stick with a separate throttle I was looking to only have my hands on the 2 sticks. Does anybody use this stick without the mouse and which buttons/had switches do you use, or is it still best to use the mouse as well?

Many Thanks

Mars

Marstiphal
07-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi all, I'm just looking for some advice on controller configuration for the Saitek X52 Flight Controller And Throttle.

I was wondering if anyone uses this joystick without TrackIR (which I'll get when i can afford it) and how they set it up for looking about. I used to have an old joystick with a throttle attached and used the mouse to look around the plane but now having a larger stick with a separate throttle I was looking to only have my hands on the 2 sticks. Does anybody use this stick without the mouse and which buttons/had switches do you use, or is it still best to use the mouse as well?

Many Thanks

Mars

dbillo
07-31-2007, 09:35 AM
I just got TrackIR a few months ago, but I used to have pan views set up on the hat switch nearest the top of the stick, and had the mini-stick set up as mouse for finer control.

I also experimented with configuring that same hat switch as the mouse for faster view panning.

RaceguyOSU
07-31-2007, 04:40 PM
I have the TIR also but you may find the X52 forms I made useful. I could never remember what I had programed for my X52. I have CRS, Can't Remember S..tuff.

http://www.ohioraceguy.com/Pacific_Fighters.html

rg

MrMojok
07-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I use RaceGuy's forms as well. Sometimes I forget what I had mapped to where!

badaboom.1
07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Other then purchasing the game Trk IR will be the best buy you will make,save your cash and take the plunge!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifYou won't regret it.

Thud-487BS
08-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Hi Mars. I just switched from the X45 to the X52 (original ver, refurbished). I have a problem on mine where the mouse drifts so I disabled that function.

Your POV Hat 1 pretty much covers the basic views and you can either map POV 2 or 3 to allow you the extra view capable. I would suggest trying #3 (Left index finger, on throttle). The mouse is just as easy to use though.

Bearcat99
08-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Gents keep in mind that if my memory serves me correctly.. you can program the hats to fuctnion as mice as well... they can be set for 4 way or 8 way hats.. buttons or mouse in the SST software. I used the mouse button on my throttle before I got my TIR running (I had a TIR2.. now I have a 4 and the difference is amazing) and that worked very well for me in fact I keep it like that as a backup should my TIR wig out in a fight.

dbillo
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Gents keep in mind that if my memory serves me correctly.. you can program the hats to fuctnion as mice as well... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that's what I meant in my last sentence earlier, but didn't make as clear as BC has here. Another benefit of programming a hat as a mouse is that you can adjust the speed of the mouse panning as well.

Platypus_1.JaVA
08-02-2007, 12:56 PM
There is this little stick thingie on the throttle of the X52. You can assign it to emulate the mouse in SST. I use this for looking around. Situational awarness is better with the Track IR tough. And also program a button to return to forward view.