PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 on a laptop

b34856
08-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi!

I was wondering if Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 would work well on a laptop, an Hp pavillion dv1000, to be exact. Here are some specs for it: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2546

I haven't changed the graphics card on it or anything like that, so it is as it would be out of the box.

It's going to be used by someone who won't play it all the time, so it doesn't have to run super spectacular great, it only has to run good enough to play and not be bothered by it if you've played it on fluent super spectacular great mode.

I hope I wrote that so it makes sense.

Thanks!

Romanator21
08-28-2010, 11:01 PM
It's OK, but not great. I am using a Toshiba satellite with 1GB RAM, 1.7 Ghz, and I think 256 MB Video RAM (Intel chipset), running Vista.

I get decent frame rates if I set terrain geometry to a low setting. The textures look the same from 1000 meters upward, so you're not missing much by doing this (except wave effects over water, but it's not critical either). I have all other effects maxed out, and I'm happy.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

VW-IceFire
08-29-2010, 08:57 AM
It might run on Excellent or one of the other graphics settings. Power isn't too bad but you'll want to definitely be plugged in!

BillSwagger
08-29-2010, 12:17 PM
right off the bat, your gonna probably need more RAM.
The game will run with 1 gig, but upgrading to 2gigs made a big difference on my system.

If this person plays offline then it would probably be ok at lower graphics settings.

Playing online usually requires more system resources so having more available ram is key.

Bill

b34856
08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

Approximately how much would it cost to upgrade 1 gigabyte RAM?

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
It's o.k. That's all, and even then it'll have to have some settings turned down.

Choctaw111
08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
When I was deployed a good buddy had a laptop and Il2 went with me. Back then the Forgotten Battles had just come out.
We had no stick, just a mouse and keyboard and not a lot of downtime. I didn't run great on a laptop but I was still able to mess around with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-31-2010, 09:54 AM
It doesn't matter whether it's a laptop, mini10 or an iPhone. What matters is what's inside it, and the hardware you describe will run IL2 well on medium settings.