PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Speculation...Enter at Yer Own Risk

pettyofficerj
05-20-2007, 09:57 PM
One thing that poked me in the eye and left me gaping for more...was this idea of a seamless campaign...in particular, this idea of a D-Day type invasion of America if it were to get conquered in the previous campaign....

Imagine this game being played online...and you are fighting for the US..

You are kicked out of your soil during the previous campaaaiiigggnnnn....and now a new campaign is starting via those wonderful server managers at Ubisoft....

They mention somewhere that during this campaign, the us has to start from somewhere else.....

where do you think that would be??

do you think this game will have something like aircraft carriers offshore where a player would have to build up an army of Marines or something, and move them via air or sea onto the us mainland?

or will this campaign start off on the mainland with US forces having to push farther inward??

what about the actual game itself? Will there be multiple "games" being played all across a given coast of the US? For instance, can we expect to have 20 or 30 games up and down the eastern seaboard open for players to go into and start a battle with the opposing sides??

What do j00 think?

PrinceCaspian5
05-21-2007, 12:30 AM
I think that you will start off shore (they said that it would be a D-day style invasion, that means amphibious assault), as for where you launch it from, I would imagine an amphibious assault ship,
as for how many games, and how they would take it, I suggest you look at games like chromehounds, in that, you would select where you want to attack, you would find a server and fight the battle, if you won, you would gain some territory points (you would only win a small amount to points in a single battle, and it takes thousands to win the territory, so it would take many such battles to win the territory) once you have enough points you win, each territory usually has a map associated with it, so every time you fight that battle it is at the same place.

What I am wondering about the online campaign is how will they stop people from just going to whatever side is winning, I think chromehounds solved that well, you could change sides, but after that you had to wait a while (I forget how long) until you could change sides again (or when a new campaign started, but I don't think you will be able to do that in this game because the campaigns trail off into each other)

themanfeicco
05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I beginning to form an Idea on how they would handle Campaign battles. Since the EGM articles had a map showing Europe attempting to retake southern france from Russia. Since many people keep talking about different servers, I thought that each territory on the Global Map may be a Server. Though I see problems with that, it makes some sense. For moving between territories it might be instanteous or take a matter of real time days (considering its a global RTS)

Also the Article was talking about it being a single global game with several different theatres of war. It mentioned North America, Europe, and Russia (Europe, Asia) as examples.
That means a alot of places to be.

For the overall campaign, I guess it could swing anyway really, I think it would be interesting to see Russia taking back Alaska, Europe invading from the Atlantic. Something fun and interesting to play with.

On the note of this Liberate USA idea they had in the article, We have Panama, Hawaii, and tons of troops may just be off in other places at the end of the campaign and might be factored into the planning of the next campaign.
Also what they might do between each campaign is add on a year into the story, like lets say the first campaign ended in 2023(ingame not real life http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ), well then
"In the Year 2024, the United States has been Invaded by -insert faction here-, remaining Joint Strike Forces have been pushed into, CANADA and PANAMA, and have begun major Retalition against -insert faction-." or something along those lines.

PrinceCaspian5
05-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by themanfeicco:
I beginning to form an Idea on how they would handle Campaign battles. Since the EGM articles had a map showing Europe attempting to retake southern france from Russia. Since many people keep talking about different servers, I thought that each territory on the Global Map may be a Server. Though I see problems with that, it makes some sense. For moving between territories it might be instanteous or take a matter of real time days (considering its a global RTS)

I don't think it will be each territory having one server, I think you will select where you want to attack, set up a room just like in any other game, if you win the match, you will be closer to winning the territory, but as I said before it will take many matches to win the territory, I am sure that it will work in a way similar to that, that is how it worked in both chromehounds and mechassault 2

Biohazard529
04-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Wow, I know this is reviving an EXTREMELY DEAD topic from years ago, but look how all of us were excited about this game

the pathetic part is all of the awesome stuff in this post did not happen

boy were we wrong