PDA

View Full Version : Are the Templars/Abstergo really that bad? (maybe spoilers)

TheRealMoB
11-26-2010, 09:43 AM
I mean, judging off of the random files and telephone conversations we can read/hear from solving subject 16 glyphs, it doesn't seem that Abstergo is that bad at all. I mean, maybe the way they are approaching it (for example, that guy calling about his HD TV service), but they are really just trying to save humanity from themselves, after all ignorance is bliss.

XVinny84X
11-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Nobody ever said they were bad. They are only assassins enemies. Who's to say that in the end assassins don't turn out to be bad guys and we find out Desmond was played?? there could yet be so many twists in here, my head starts spinning just thinking about it. They should hire me for next story writing, you'd be blown away:-P

TheRealMoB
11-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Haha yeah, I forgot to mention that in my original post, that we don't really even know what the assassins are trying to do, unless they fight for free will.

salted onions
11-26-2010, 09:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/8771062198/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8771062198/p/1)

Just read through this thread. You'll get a good understanding of the Assassin and Templar mindset. :P

*Beware. tl;dr may be in effect.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:33 AM
this series is just epic... no words can describe it.. so many possible theories. many twists and WTF moments.. god im in love with this game

DecanDK
11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Your forgetting the main point of the game,
the Templars/Abstergo does'nt know that the world is about to end some where along 2012,
only Desmond and his crew knows this, from the end of AC2.
The Templars/Abstergo wants the peaces of eden, for control/domination.

E-Zekiel
11-26-2010, 12:14 PM
They ARE bad. Their goal is not. Their means are.

salted onions
11-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
What everyone is saying is that Templars are trying to enslave mankind, taking away their free will, where as the Assassins are basically protecting free will, therefore Templars are evil because free will is good.

But what if one argued that free will is bad?

Mankind is a self destructive force. Unless tamed, we are doomed to constant fighting. Throughout history, mankind has been through many wars for many different reasons, but they will always find reasons to fight, kill, and destroy, whether it be religion, race, territory, money, anything. Templars see that. This is why if the entire world is unified over one overarching power, there will be none of that. World peace.

Okay, Assassins will kill a few dozen Templars so that they cannot achieve their goals. The more the Assassins slow down the Templars, the more difficult the Assassins make it for the Templars, the more people die outside of this little Assassin/Templar skirmishes, due to real war, fought by normal people. So what if the Templars kill a few thousand people? So what if they kill a few million? By taming the entire human race, billions of lives will be saved, and more to come.

This is the Templar mindset. And it's rational. There is no good. There is no evil.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 12:30 PM
both the assassins order and the knights templar.. both have the same goal to acheive "peace" but they have different means...