PDA

View Full Version : Questions about new "chest hunter" multiplayer mode

Rakudaton
01-18-2011, 01:43 PM
For those that don't know, the new mode has three people trying to open some chests, and three people guarding them. Also the new map is Pienza, which looks like a cross between Rome and Florence. Type in "assassin's creed brotherhood pienza" on youtube for the trailer.

My question is, can both sides kill one another? Clearly the protectors can kill the chest-hunters... but in the trailer for the update, it shows one of the chest-hunters killing a protector in a hanging position. Is this a mistake, or can each team really kill one another?

DeanOMiite
01-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Protectors can kill hunters, but not the other way around. What you saw was either a mistake or a clip from another round when the teams/objectives had switched.

Personally, I'm a little nervous about this mode because I'm afraid that protectors will just stand near chests and mash the kill button, there must be something else to this that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Black_Widow9
01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer Discussion (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=&f=2361024388) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

StarScream391
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
Protectors can kill hunters, but not the other way around. What you saw was either a mistake or a clip from another round when the teams/objectives had switched.

Personally, I'm a little nervous about this mode because I'm afraid that protectors will just stand near chests and mash the kill button, there must be something else to this that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Uh? theres alot of ways to counter them, Charge-stun is more favorable than charge-kill you know, also the mute ability and smoke bomb.

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

Uh? theres alot of ways to counter them, Charge-stun is more favorable than charge-kill you know, also the mute ability and smoke bomb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Also, going for the chest they're not camping at.

Auditorexxx
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I really dont know how to feel about this to be honest. This seems like almost manhunt to me but it's like a treasure hunt. The only thing im worried about like someone stated before is the hunters being stun over and over again (camping). Yes of course camping is the number one thing in the mode but staying near the chest and continuing to hit the stun button,, seems like unfair to me.

EscoBlades
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by AuditoreRed:
I really dont know how to feel about this to be honest. This seems like almost manhunt to me but it's like a treasure hunt. The only thing im worried about like someone stated before is the hunters being stun over and over again (camping). Yes of course camping is the number one thing in the mode but staying near the chest and continuing to hit the stun button,, seems like unfair to me.

As with Manhunt, i'm almost certain that if you get stun locked, you'll have the option to easily press Y (360) or Triangle (PS3) to desynch yourself and respawn. Plus, if 2 (in a team of 3) are busy stun locking one person, then that means at least one chest is being left unguarded. Free points for the attacker that can get there and open it.

StarScream391
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AuditoreRed:

As with Manhunt, i'm almost certain that if you get stun locked, you'll have the option to easily press Y (360) or Triangle (PS3) to desynch yourself and respawn. Plus, if 2 (in a team of 3) are busy stun locking one person, then that means at least one chest is being left unguarded. Free points for the attacker that can get there and open it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh your good escoblades..

Tanktric
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Capture chest will yield little if not, no points for stun.. your not stunning the persuer but a protector.. so I'm sure they though of stun locking when it came to this. Also I think its going to work fine. There are many counter stun tactics available, you just got to find them, mute and smoke bomb is one.

How about we buff firecracker's strength and radius just a notch? You really have to get up close and its not worth getting up so close for it to be strong enough to blind them. I rather use mute or smoke bomb, firecrackers as a defensive ability lacks in that department for now.

STYJ
01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Isn't it like capture the flag for ac:b ?

Rainie
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
This mode looks like it could be good for those who've gotten the hang of stunning pursuers....or in this case protectors http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

BLineDesigns
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm certainly looking forward to trying it out when it eventually makes its way to the PlayStation Store. I loved playing capture the flag as a kid.

Rainie
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
It's not out for both yet?

BLineDesigns
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Haven't seen a single sign of it.

Xz SyKoTiiK zX
01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
It's not out for both yet? I haven't seen it yet on the marketplace. Only time I did was this early morning and when I tried to download, I got a status code. I am really looking forward to playing the new map and game type.

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
This mode looks like it could be good for those who've gotten the hang of stunning pursuers....or in this case protectors http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
So Chest Capture shall now be renamed "Rainie Mode?"

Rainie
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
So Chest Capture shall now be renamed "Rainie Mode?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha, we'd have to see if I do good in it or not

Serrachio
01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
I fear we might see a set-up with RR Hidden Gun.

EQWashu
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
good question, what's to stop protectors from camping by the chest? (other than making the chests location obvious?)

Gabelous01
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
You won't be able to mash X/Triangle protecting, if you kill a civilian you get the same target-less delay time. Which I suspect means you can't kill anyone at that point until you get back into targeting.

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
So Chest Capture shall now be renamed "Rainie Mode?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it. She hates running. You're not gonna win in this mode if you don't run.

Rainie
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't walk all the time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Well you always seemed to talk about being very anti-running :P

I just assumed.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not a fan of the COD runners either, they're dumb and annoying.

Rainie
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
im anti-running-like-a-moron, nothing against smart running http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

EQWashu
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Gabelous:
You won't be able to mash X/Triangle protecting, if you kill a civilian you get the same target-less delay time. Which I suspect means you can't kill anyone at that point until you get back into targeting.

I would imagine so but that still wouldn't deter players from camping by the chest, especially players that are good at working with a team (or keeping a team working together)

BLineDesigns
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
What is with the extreme randomness of when the chests actually show up on the map when you're a Protector? Makes it difficult to coordinate your efforts. Sometimes I'm just wandering blind using the compass to locate Hunters when I'll randomly stumble across a chest. Of course, I'm not familiar with the chest locations on the maps yet obviously, but being a Protector seems fairly difficult if you don't know where the chests are at any given time.

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AuditoreRed:

As with Manhunt, i'm almost certain that if you get stun locked, you'll have the option to easily press Y (360) or Triangle (PS3) to desynch yourself and respawn. Plus, if 2 (in a team of 3) are busy stun locking one person, then that means at least one chest is being left unguarded. Free points for the attacker that can get there and open it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The people susceptible to stuns (protectors) cannot open chests while they are protecting.

Originally posted by EQWashu:
good question, what's to stop protectors from camping by the chest? (other than making the chests location obvious?)

Nothing; however, your compass is nullified within ~15m of the chest.

Originally posted by Tanktric:
Capture chest will yield little if not, no points for stun.. your not stunning the persuer but a protector.. so I'm sure they though of stun locking when it came to this. Also I think its going to work fine. There are many counter stun tactics available, you just got to find them, mute and smoke bomb is one.

How about we buff firecracker's strength and radius just a notch? You really have to get up close and its not worth getting up so close for it to be strong enough to blind them. I rather use mute or smoke bomb, firecrackers as a defensive ability lacks in that department for now.

This is incorrect. Protectors kill, the hunters (they go after the chests) do the stunning. Stunning is worth the usual 200 points. Kills are worth the normal amount of points as well.

KushKonquerer
01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
If I were the hunters I would get all 3 ppl to use smoke bombs and even you get to a chest thats being camped bombard it with smoke and one guy is designated to be the safe cracker (chest opener) lol, and the other 2 have to stun his way to the chest, the stun will thus buy time to open the chest...farfetched you think? lol

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
It takes awhile to open chests. You open them by being within a set radius for a certain amount of time - it goes faster when more teammate are in the area and your bonuses are larger. (because it's multiplied by # of temmates)

Tragic_Jonson
01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
does your team have to play as the same character?

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, although due to lag earlier I was on a team with 2 Captains and 2 Hellequins.

goonie08
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Yeah, although due to lag earlier I was on a team with 2 Captains and 2 Hellequins.
Isn't it two teams of three?

Sventics
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
As E-Zekiel stated, Protectors won't have a compass near the chests and also they won't know where it is because they won't have any markers on it. Basically Protectors need to find them first then defend it.

Hunters on the other hand has the locations of chests and they can maximize the chest points by grouping together at 1 chest. There are 3 chests per spawn and the first 2 are worth 150 per member that captured it and the final chest is worth 400. After capturing the 1st three chest another set will spawn.

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
You'll get a chest icon if a teammate has the chest in their line of sight, I think.

But no, it's two teams of four. I haven't seen a single game launch with six people actually heh, seems to not be allowed.

najzere
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
This mode is basically Manhunt except everyone is forced together in certain spots. If anything, there's even less strategy than in Manhunt.

goonie08
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
But no, it's two teams of four. I haven't seen a single game launch with six people actually heh, seems to not be allowed.
Interesting. I'm not doubting you, but I could have sworn the PSN store said it was two teams of three.

Downloading it now. Looking forward to actually playing it instead of reading about how it works. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif