PDA

View Full Version : Theories on what happened to Altair? *Spoilers*

Confusious30
12-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Regarding his final codex page entry:

"Soon I shall pass from this world. It is my time. All the hours of the day are now colored by the thoughts and fears borne of this realization. I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever.

Our lives are so brief and unimportant. The cosmos cares nothing for us. For what we've done; Had we wrought evil instead of good. Had I chosen to abuse the Apple instead of seal it away. None of it would have mattered. There is no counting. No reckoning. No final judgement. There is simply silence. And darkness. Utter and absolute... And so I have begun to wonder might there not be a way to stop or at least delay - death's embrace? Surely the ones who came before were not so frail and feeble as we. But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core. Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look..."

What do you think happened? Do you think we'll find out? I'd love to hear some of your conspiracy theories.

gutarjunky
12-13-2010, 12:24 PM
free running accident http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Have much like when Ezio falls flat on his face when he falls free running

or maybe when he was combing his hair and accidentally activated his hidden blade

Rakudaton
12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I suspect merely old age. I can't remember precisely, but I think he was 28 in AC... then he obviously had to go through the events of bloodlines... and then some time after THAT he had at least two sons. I think the penultimate codex page mentions Genghis Khan, and Altair says that it would be a good opportunity to "test" his boys - so I imagine the youngest would be at least 14 or 15.

Add up all those, and he was at least 42 when the last page was written. And the sad truth is, people died a lot earlier back then. And if it wasn't old age, it could have been something as simple as an infected cut (not wearing gloves while free-running... Ezio was somewhat smarter). Before vaccination was invented, that was all it took.

Perhaps the templars got to him at last, and simply greased all the free-running poles in the city, or hid rocks in hay bales...

gutarjunky
12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
or hid rocks in hay bales...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LightRey
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
I suspect merely old age. I can't remember precisely, but I think he was 28 in AC... then he obviously had to go through the events of bloodlines... and then some time after THAT he had at least two sons. I think the penultimate codex page mentions Genghis Khan, and Altair says that it would be a good opportunity to "test" his boys - so I imagine the youngest would be at least 14 or 15.

Add up all those, and he was at least 42 when the last page was written. And the sad truth is, people died a lot earlier back then. And if it wasn't old age, it could have been something as simple as an infected cut (not wearing gloves while free-running... Ezio was somewhat smarter). Before vaccination was invented, that was all it took.

Perhaps the templars got to him at last, and simply greased all the free-running poles in the city, or hid rocks in hay bales...
I think he was pretty much dying when he wrote the last page. You don't write that kinda stuff when you're still healthy.

Nutella0Mutt
12-13-2010, 02:30 PM
He was saying
"But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core. Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look..."

So he was probably on his deathbed, with the Apple next to him, and decided to put down his quill and grasp the Apple once more. Maybe he was picking up the Apple to ask it one last question, about what comes after life...

AnthonyA85
12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Leap of faith off a church/tower - No hay stack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And about people not living very long back then, in most cases that was true, but Ganghis Khan lived to be 80 years old, and Al Mualim was probably in his late 50s/early 60s when Altair killed him so...

But there's no real way of knowing how long he lasted. Look at Ezio, acording to the Wiki, he lived to be 122, though i think that's a typo.