PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Multiplayer Connection Issues etc

Phenom13117
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
OK, let me start by saying that Assassins Creed Brotherhood is one of the best, if not the greatest Game I've ever played. Actually the series as a whole is amazing and the story is the best "conspiracy" theme on a Video Game Genre.

Anyways, I've been playing the Online part of it and so far I'm ranked 713 in all modes, which I guess is good. Now I study in University and we have a super fast internet connection, I never had a problem in match making etc till 1.05 (The newest one, was it 1.04?).

Now I get disconnected all the time from my games and have noticed a few characters/ gamers who are disappearing and reappearing at different parts of the map, I guess it must be lag on my part, but I have never had problems with Internet connection playing online PS3 games, is there anything I can do? I was playing a Manhunt game with The Outcast Templars (The clan I'm part of) and I hit about 10000 on Manhunt and got disconnected and that probably hit my Templar Grade but most importantly with my enjoying of the game, this happened today in quite a few wanted games where I was leading. Not a complain or a rant as If I will boycott the series. I love it too much, just was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has a few suggestions on what to do ?

CrazyShrapnel
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Apparently the latest patch speeded up matchmaking at the cost of the quality of matches. Shorter waiting times but laggier opponents. Instead of making you wait forever for a sixth player with good internet, it'll just invite the first dial up user in the antarctic circle it finds.

Reign
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I've been silently waiting to see some of these posts pop up before I said anything. But I have noticed a horrible decline in game quality since patch 1.05, I get into matches faster but the issues in them make the game almost unplayable. And it shows in my ranking just like the OP I dropped over 100 places in FFA just because I haven't played much at all since 1.05.

And I've never had any real big issues in the MP until now and couldn't have been happier with it. If I had been having issues from the beta until now I would guess it's my connection, but having very few issues up till now and then to be bombarded by them after 1.05 makes me suspicious. I just hope whatever happened gets fixed so I can enjoy the DLC.

obliviondoll
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I've been saying all along that speeding up matchmaking would be nice, but ONLY if it doesn't increase lag-related problems.

Apparently they missed the MASSIVE "but" at the end. Or ignored it because so many other people didn't seem to care.

Bring back the ONLY VERY SLIGHTLY SLOWER matchmaking in favour of NOT MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE.

Thanks.

cptn_k
03-09-2011, 03:22 AM
I too have found some of these issues since the past patch, mainly the DCing part way through a match.
Highly frustrating, mainly because it ruins the game play experience imo, until I can get into a decent lobby all with good connections.

The other thing I've noticed as well since the last patch is many fewer NPC's, and NPC's only apprearing when you're nearby, while PC's are noticable from afar.
This makes it much easier to pick out players from a distance, as they appear to be alone, even if they are in a group.

Still not sure where I sit on which I prefer - longer matchmaking with the issues from before, or shorter mathcmaking with the issues it has now.

Wish there was some way to have both short matchmaking AND good game play/lower lag.

Jozzy5
03-09-2011, 05:48 AM
I haven't been able to complete one decent game so far. It seems to only disconnect me whenever I'm in the lead by a great amount of points. Or, it'll disconnect me 10 sec. into the game.

The ****ing lag has increased to an almost unplayable level, too. I usually experience lag about 1 out of every 5 games (if not at all). Now, it seems to have jumped to 4 out of every 5.
I've noticed players (usually my targets) jump from right in front of me to the other side of the map right when I'm about to kill them.
My compass has also been experiencing problems; it'd light up as if I were right next to my target, I'd then go to kill what I thought was my target and lose my contract, and then I'd see the "missed target" (or whatever) arrow over a player who's practically on the other side of the map (he wasn't even in my line of sight).

If it's not lag, then it's connection issues and vice versa.

The only good thing that has come from this update is the profile set fix.