PDA

View Full Version : POSSIBLE SPOILER: Bug or what?

Ruscris2
07-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I have recently started to replay AC:B.This time i finished the Subject 16 clusters before the game ending.
After finishing the Subject 16 level, Desmond started falling in a black screen, then the loading screen appered showing him still falling. <Falling in the Black Room, maybe?>. After, a cutscene with the team appear with Desmond in the Animus.After the cutscene ended,I was blocked in the animus with the option just to enter it.
So obviously the last part is an bug, but what about the first one ? It would make sense not be a bug because of the Black Room revealed in AC:R, and also Subject 16 wanting you on purpose there so you can meet him.I'm not quite sure...Did the first part happen to you ? And also, is there a cutscene with Lucy after this ? I have been stuck in the animus and i don't know...

LightRey
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruscris2:
Hello everyone,

I have recently started to replay AC:B.This time i finished the Subject 16 clusters before the game ending.
After finishing the Subject 16 level, Desmond started falling in a black screen, then the loading screen appered showing him still falling. <Falling in the Black Room, maybe?>. After, a cutscene with the team appear with Desmond in the Animus.After the cutscene ended,I was blocked in the animus with the option just to enter it.
So obviously the last part is an bug, but what about the first one ? It would make sense not be a bug because of the Black Room revealed in AC:R, and also Subject 16 wanting you on purpose there so you can meet him.I'm not quite sure...Did the first part happen to you ? And also, is there a cutscene with Lucy after this ? I have been stuck in the animus and i don't know...
I'm pretty confident that all of the clusters are actually part of the black room. Same goes for the "meeting" with 16.
There's no special cutscene after getting out.

TheLeoCrow
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Something similar happened to me too. After desmont was brought back, he was floating in the air above everyone else's heads while talking a bit with lucy. After that cutscene i fell down but there was no no possible dialogue with the others.

I think the bug is caused if you run the truth while Lucy is gone from the sanctuary. The cut scene after the truth forces her to be there while she is supposed to be gone so it gets messed up

LightRey
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Something similar happened to me too. After desmont was brought back, he was floating in the air above everyone else's heads while talking a bit with lucy. After that cutscene i fell down but there was no no possible dialogue with the others.

I think the bug is caused if you run the truth while Lucy is gone from the sanctuary. The cut scene after the truth forces her to be there while she is supposed to be gone so it gets messed up
Lol, good thing you said that. I'm replaying ACB and I was just about to access the last Cluster.
Now I think I'll just wait till the next sequence.

twenty_glyphs
07-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the bug you get when you beat The Truth before finishing the story is universal. Desmond is all glitchy and flipping out, and Lucy talks to an invisible version of him at one point. Then you're stuck like a ghost phased through the Animus, and your only option is to go back in the Animus.

My theory is that it's not a bug by the developers and is intentional. First of all, it's such a giant thing that you'd think they would have caught it. Second, with all the patches they put out for the game's bugs, they never once fixed this. It still occurs on the latest patched versions of the game. Third, they've never addressed it as far as I've seen. I think they've been ignoring it because it's a hint at where the story is going and don't want to say any more. Between this and the artifacts that you find in Monterrigioni, I think some of the present day sequences are possibly Desmond reliving his own memories of those events. I think it's all tied to the "Leave Animus" option -- that's when weird things seem to happen. It's only during those segments that you can see the artifacts and the red trail, not during the mandatory story sequences before Sequence 2 and after Sequence 9.

I can't completely verify this right now, but if my memory is correct from playing the games and reading the forums, I think Lucy disappears during Sequences 6 and 7 and comes back for Sequence 8. I'm almost positive she's back for Sequence 8 because that's when you can have the conversation about the current date, which Lucy says is October 8. The earliest you can complete The Truth is Sequence 7 because that's when the last areas of the map unlock. I've played through the game and beaten The Truth in Sequence 7 when Lucy is gone, and in Sequence 8 when she's back. This "glitch" happened both times. If you finish The Truth while Lucy is gone, she'll be back for the cutscene after you meet Subject 16, but if you then immediately choose Leave Animus after going back in, she'll be gone again.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I'm pretty sure the bug you get when you beat The Truth before finishing the story is universal. Desmond is all glitchy and flipping out, and Lucy talks to an invisible version of him at one point. Then you're stuck like a ghost phased through the Animus, and your only option is to go back in the Animus.

My theory is that it's not a bug by the developers and is intentional. First of all, it's such a giant thing that you'd think they would have caught it. Second, with all the patches they put out for the game's bugs, they never once fixed this. It still occurs on the latest patched versions of the game. Third, they've never addressed it as far as I've seen. I think they've been ignoring it because it's a hint at where the story is going and don't want to say any more. Between this and the artifacts that you find in Monterrigioni, I think some of the present day sequences are possibly Desmond reliving his own memories of those events. I think it's all tied to the "Leave Animus" option -- that's when weird things seem to happen. It's only during those segments that you can see the artifacts and the red trail, not during the mandatory story sequences before Sequence 2 and after Sequence 9.

I can't completely verify this right now, but if my memory is correct from playing the games and reading the forums, I think Lucy disappears during Sequences 6 and 7 and comes back for Sequence 8. I'm almost positive she's back for Sequence 8 because that's when you can have the conversation about the current date, which Lucy says is October 8. The earliest you can complete The Truth is Sequence 7 because that's when the last areas of the map unlock. I've played through the game and beaten The Truth in Sequence 7 when Lucy is gone, and in Sequence 8 when she's back. This "glitch" happened both times. If you finish The Truth while Lucy is gone, she'll be back for the cutscene after you meet Subject 16, but if you then immediately choose Leave Animus after going back in, she'll be gone again.
y'know, that does kinda make sense. At least enough for me not to criticize it (yet).

rileypoole1234
07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
I think when Desmond appears in the sanctuary and can't talk to anyone, he's still in the Animus. The reason he's in the sanctuary is because the Black Room is modified by Desmond's thoughts and his subconscious. This means he could be in the Black Room but his subconscious thinks he's in the sanctuary. I know this sounds weird but I think when Desmond is in the sanctuary after 16 and him talking, that is his first experience in the Black Room. I think he could be pulled out because he wasn't fully "out of it" Yet.

twenty_glyphs
07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think when Desmond appears in the sanctuary and can't talk to anyone, he's still in the Animus. The reason he's in the sanctuary is because the Black Room is modified by Desmond's thoughts and his subconscious. This means he could be in the Black Room but his subconscious thinks he's in the sanctuary. I know this sounds weird but I think when Desmond is in the sanctuary after 16 and him talking, that is his first experience in the Black Room. I think he could be pulled out because he wasn't fully "out of it" Yet.

You make a really good point. Adding more evidence to your theory is that Alex Amancio keeps saying that Desmond sort of "falls through" the White Room loading screen and into the Black Room. After his conversation with Subject 16, Desmond falls straight down for a few seconds inside the White Room loading screen. Then you end up waking up in the Sanctuary. The curious thing if this is true is, what is the conversation with Desmond and the others? Is it just a memory from an earlier time in Monterrigioni? Evidence supporting that is the odd way that no one really reacts to Desmond saying he saw Subject 16. The most anyone reacts to it is when Rebecca says "whatever it was, it's gone now. The Animus is behaving normally." I find it hilarious that when she says this is the moment when Desmond's character model starts glitching out. But Lucy doesn't say anything like, "Really? What did he say?" As much as she feels guilty about 16, you'd think she would have said something other than just worrying about losing Desmond.

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 08:27 AM
"I'm with you till the end. Find me in the darkness"
-S16

Darkness = Black Room = We meet S16 for more than quick ramblings of a mad man. I hope at least, realllly interested to find out who S16 is.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 08:50 AM
All this makes a lot of sense... good catch.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
"I'm with you till the end. Find me in the darkness"
-S16

Darkness = Black Room = We meet S16 for more than quick ramblings of a mad man. I hope at least, realllly interested to find out who S16 is.
Indeed. I won't be surprised if we see a lot of S16 in ACR.