PDA

View Full Version : Best Keyboard for Il-2

Klussdog
08-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Guys, any recommendation for a good keyboard to use with Il-2? Looking at the Microsoft - Reclusa Gaming Keyboard & Logitech G11, G15 or G19...... Back Lit is a must since my eyes are not what they used to be!

saipan1972
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
most commands are on the throttle and stick, i wouldnt spend much money on a keyboard for IL2. but perhaps u have other games.

Stiletto-
08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, the keyboard really isn't important in IL-2, the trick is actually to use it as little as possible.. Which means getting a good Hotas setup with lots of buttons and sliders so your hands don't have to be removed from them for very long.

na85
08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Klussdog:
Guys, any recommendation for a good keyboard to use with Il-2? Looking at the Microsoft - Reclusa Gaming Keyboard & Logitech G11, G15 or G19...... Back Lit is a must since my eyes are not what they used to be!

I have a G15, and I love it. You can get an application for the LCD screen to display Teamspeak info, so you can see who's talking without extra clutter on the screen. Additionally, the 18 programmable buttons have 3 modes each, for a total of 54 functions that can be more than simple keystrokes (i.e. you can save whole macros to them)

I have my bombsight controls on there, as well as individual keybinds for teamspeak whispers for online wars, and some of the less-frequently-used commands like fire extinguisher, feather prop, etc etc.

Phant0m_99th
08-24-2009, 03:21 AM
there is also a nice program that gives you stats on things like, accuracy, score.. ect

It certainly is a nice keyboard, but as the others have said, a better hotas setup would be the better investment.

Odie1974
08-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah, what the others said - you don't need a special keyboard really. I am playing using either a standard keyboard or my laptop keyboard...

I don't even have HOTAS (though I will have one witih a week or so). The most common funtions I have mapped to my joystick and mouse buttons.
Keyboard is used for: engine start/stop, ejects, time slowdowns, sometimes externals, WEP, gear - that's prety much it for me