PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Version

Photus
07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
With all hype towards the 360 version of AC, I've recently been concerned about the PS3 version. I hope its not going to be another half-assed port, seeing as Ubisoft seems to be giving the 360 more attention in the studio. Anyone feel the same way?

Golani2007
07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Photus:
With all hype towards the 360 version of AC, I've recently been concerned about the PS3 version. I hope its not going to be another half-assed port, seeing as Ubisoft seems to be giving the 360 more attention in the studio. Anyone feel the same way?
yeah...i hope so.
and dont forget the PC version!!
i hope they will put the same attention in which console

iHateFanboys
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Actually, I would assume that the PS3 version would be equal, if not BETTER than the X360 version...wasn't it in development for PS3-only in the beginning?

Boromir323
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by iHateFanboys:
Actually, I would assume that the PS3 version would be equal, if not BETTER than the X360 version...wasn't it in development for PS3-only in the beginning?

Yeah I think it was...

Photus
07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Im just saying I haven't seen any PS3 gameplay footage or anything, so I'm just a little concerned.

Golani2007
07-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Photus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iHateFanboys:
Im just saying I haven't seen any PS3 gameplay footage or anything, so I'm just a little concerned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have a good point...
but like the dude above me said - it was Originally for the PS3...the fact that there are no gameplay from the PS3 really concern me too...we can only hope that it will be good as or even more from the XBOX 360...

lpcrispo
07-24-2007, 11:42 AM
in some E3 2007 reviews it is said that both version was displayed... and both was essentialy the same!

dont ask me for a link though...

chewbacca112
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
How bout this....360's BETTER AND THE PS3 SUX! There i hope that cleared up a few things for u guys

ocataco
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
nope sorry still dont get it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

iHateFanboys
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
See my name, Chewy? I hate suckafoos like you >.> Shut it.

No but for real, I don't know what to say to that. You're right about all X360 gameplay footage though.

chewbacca112
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
sure

mbs284
07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
dude chewy whats ur problem? why do u have to hate on ps3. who cares which system is better.

i think the reason they havent shown the ps3 version is there still adding more to the game. remember a blu-ray disc is much bigger than the 360's

iHateFanboys
07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree. Maybe...but it'd be unfair to the X360 if the PS3 had something that it didn't...I wouldn't think it's extra content...maybe something else...question mark.

mbs284
07-24-2007, 03:43 PM
i dont mean extra features i mean better interactions. More NPC's. more things happening all at once. the ps3 has 8 spu's that process more things at one time. Since the ps3 can make 2 trillion calculations a second dont u think ubi will be sure to use that capability? i think so.

sireatsalot91
07-24-2007, 03:49 PM

A lot of people tend to forget this, but Assassin's Creed was orgianlly supposed to be Xbox exclusive under the title Project Assassins and the reason why they show 360 footage is probably because it resembles the finished project more.

SCARFACE_47
07-24-2007, 03:50 PM
i think since sony also made the same with psp, the yonly need some experiencce
360 is out there since a year and the psp also needed one year to be able to play with 333 instead of 222 mode
and now the ps3 allready is at the same league, or even better than 360, maybe not now, but i think that after 5 years the ps3 will be dominating
though i thought, that the first titles looked pretty aweful for a ps3 (godfather graphics were like in ps2) but you only have to give it some time

Robbinho1992
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
I think the reason is becuase they dont want to lug a PS3 around and get it nicked.....Or so they can get hype from Wbox people becuase it was PS3 exclusive, and now there showing what the people are going to get.

sireatsalot91
07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SCARFACE_47:
i think since sony also made the same with psp, the yonly need some experiencce
360 is out there since a year and the psp also needed one year to be able to play with 333 instead of 222 mode
and now the ps3 allready is at the same league, or even better than 360, maybe not now, but i think that after 5 years the ps3 will be dominating
though i thought, that the first titles looked pretty aweful for a ps3 (godfather graphics were like in ps2) but you only have to give it some time

I don't know about if sony can pull through it this time. I always kinda wanted them to do well and I was almost positive that I would get a PS3, but ever since they started dropping their lower price consoles it just seemed like they were trying to screw us into having to buy the more expensive one. That's just a bully tactic.

chewie1890
07-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by mbs284:
i dont mean extra features i mean better interactions. More NPC's. more things happening all at once. the ps3 has 8 spu's that process more things at one time. Since the ps3 can make 2 trillion calculations a second dont u think ubi will be sure to use that capability? i think so.

I don't know why they would be needing to make that many calculations for crowd interaction...

Look guys, the only difference between all of them is there will be achievements and rumble on the 360 version. That's it. Other than that there all the same, let this die.

@Sireatsalot, it was originally a PS3 exclusive not Xbox, I'm sure it was just a typo though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@Everyone else, Save the console war for the appropriate thread please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kinkoman1337
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Well in an interview Jade said that they made the 360 one at the same time as the PS3 one that they did not port anything so that the game was the same on each system not one is better then the other

I was an video interview I saw ill try to find a link

Seraph_394
07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
from what iv'e previously gathered, the ps3 version will be the first one out, and the 360 will simply be (slightly) improved. the two games will be exactly the same except that crowd AI will be a little better in the 360 version, just because the hardware can do it better for some unknown reason. (well, Jade said something like that.)

Kinkoman1337
07-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Seraph_394:
from what iv'e previously gathered, the ps3 version will be the first one out, and the 360 will simply be (slightly) improved. the two games will be exactly the same except that crowd AI will be a little better in the 360 version, just because the hardware can do it better for some unknown reason. (well, Jade said something like that.)
Well I agree with what you said about them being the same <STRIKE>except that crowd AI will be a little better in the 360 version</STRIKE>(not true as I said in my last post they are being developed at the same time cause they want them to be the same)

Also they are being released at the same time.

Link to interview: http://www.jade-raymond.com/videos2.php
Well its the top one and it was working but now its not T-T well thats what she said in that one

ARON2431
07-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Also chewie I don't believe ubisoft actually said that the game was going to be exclusive to the ps3 they just didn't confirm anything else at that time.

katz_bg
07-25-2007, 04:51 AM
I agree. Maybe...but it'd be unfair to the X360 if the PS3 had something that it didn't...
Something like Sixaxis perhaps? I certainly hope so.

amidk75
07-25-2007, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iHateFanboys:

Yeah I think it was... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But UBISoft offers now X360 pre-orders only at it's shop... and only one petition about demo is for exclusive XBox Live demo... that how it looks

--
PS3 boy

Robbinho1992
07-25-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by ARON2431:
Also chewie I don't believe ubisoft actually said that the game was going to be exclusive to the ps3 they just didn't confirm anything else at that time.

Actually they ahd said it was going to be PS3 exclusive, untill they found out the ps3 wasnt coming out in some places in europe, they took it back, but the game stillw asnt finished, so they decided to make it avaliable to both, so that they can get more money.

It will come out on both, if they dont bring it out on PS3, they should go shoot themselves as it first was coming to the PS3.

And actually, the only reason the PS3 has trouble with ai and **** is because the compaines dont know how to properly handle the PS3's power, my brother said something about they have to send the deelopers a unit which can help them use the PS3 to its full potential.

Neverehteless, if they dont bring it out on PS3, i will just buy the xbox 360 version instead.

ScytheOfGrim
07-25-2007, 04:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

it was originally for the ps3 ONLY. but i guess they changed their minds...hehe...i had nothing to do with it...

they also said that all the versions of the game will be EQUAL, THE SAME, NO DIFFERENCE, okay?

Golani2007
07-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

it was originally for the ps3 ONLY. but i guess they changed their minds...hehe...i had nothing to do with it...

they also said that all the versions of the game will be EQUAL, THE SAME, NO DIFFERENCE, okay?

to say and to do is two difrenet things..
they say it will be equel?so?
I really hope they will do it, and keep all the versions equel

lpcrispo
07-25-2007, 06:34 AM
you got it all wrong...

FIRST - The deal with sony was only to tell that it was developped for the PS3 and to dont mention anything about 360 and PC... They never said it was PS3 exclusive... they just did'nt tell it was for 360 and PC too... HUGE DIFFERENCE!

SECOND - The AI will be THE SAME on both console... the "Jade Raymond said only the 360 can do this blablabla" was a MISQUOTE made from IGN ( they later corrected it... but some websites that was quoting IGN DID NOT corrected it when IGN did... so there is still a confusion)

THIRD - The game will be THE SAME on both console as stated a couple of time by the DEVS... the only difference will be : Acheivements and rumble on the 360.. no big deal... Gameplay and Graphic uses the SAME assets so it will be THE SAME!!!

THANK YOU very much!!!

robo_turtle
07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by lpcrispo:
you got it all wrong...

FIRST - The deal with sony was only to tell that it was developped for the PS3 and to dont mention anything about 360 and PC... They never said it was PS3 exclusive... they just did'nt tell it was for 360 and PC too... HUGE DIFFERENCE!

SECOND - The AI will be THE SAME on both console... the "Jade Raymond said only the 360 can do this blablabla" was a MISQUOTE made from IGN ( they later corrected it... but some websites that was quoting IGN DID NOT corrected it when IGN did... so there is still a confusion)

THIRD - The game will be THE SAME on both console as stated a couple of time by the DEVS... the only difference will be : Acheivements and rumble on the 360.. no big deal... Gameplay and Graphic uses the SAME assets so it will be THE SAME!!!

THANK YOU very much!!!

RANDonmly shoUTING parts of MY sentenCES IS realy ANNOYING!
so anyway they said that because they were different consoles with different abbilities they would have slight advantages and disadvatages, but they made up for it and it is basicaly the same. It did used to be a ps3 exclusive and they may use the sixaxis in place of the rumble for climbing.
And ubisoft is to lazy to make a better version wether the console is better or not.

iHateFanboys
07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by lpcrispo:
you got it all wrong...

THANK YOU very much!!!

I got really excited about your post for a second. I thought that the part that post says "MISQUOTE" looked like "MOSQUITO" when I quickly glanced at your post, so I read the whole thing...and then I became disappointed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Back on topic, I would like to point out a small fact that a few of the people who have said, "I hope they don't cancel it for the PS3" have most likely failed to notice. For a large corporation such as UBIsoft to cancel its new franchise without some form of a heads-up, especially 4 months before release, is, just in general, an idiotic thing to fathom. I believe that such an action would severely damage the business relationship between UBI and Sony, two huge companies in the gaming industry. Plus UBI would piss off the many PS3 owners who have already set money down on the game at their local game shop.

I want my damn mosquito, Lpcrispo.

sireatsalot91
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
has anybody heard of Project Assassins?

lpcrispo
07-26-2007, 06:27 AM
I heard that there is no MOSQUITOS in AC. Because neither of the PS3 and the 360 has enough power to back their A.I.

happy now IHateFanboys ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif