PDA

View Full Version : B-25 alone was worth the price

Frequent_Flyer
11-03-2004, 10:32 PM
I was tail gunner on an anti-shipping mission flying over some beautiful landscap, just admiring the developers fine work. When I noticed our aircraft bracketed by flak ( this feature is done extremely well) I was in the lead ship so I could see the next aircrft behind me take one in the port engine and start to fall out of formation and lose speed. The remaining craft closed up the gap. I feel the nose drop, were starting our attack, the plane jumps up as the bombs drop and I can see two direct hits and an incredible explosion, followed by another as the others in my flight score. Next i'm taken out of my trance by tracers shoting past me, enemy fightes. I sight them(the sight is beatifully done) and fire after some sustained hits the fighter explodes in a fire ball falling to the ocean. the long flight back to base is not a boring one. I'll pay again what i paid for PF for some more bombers-the B-25 alone is worth the price of PF.

Frequent_Flyer
11-03-2004, 10:32 PM
I was tail gunner on an anti-shipping mission flying over some beautiful landscap, just admiring the developers fine work. When I noticed our aircraft bracketed by flak ( this feature is done extremely well) I was in the lead ship so I could see the next aircrft behind me take one in the port engine and start to fall out of formation and lose speed. The remaining craft closed up the gap. I feel the nose drop, were starting our attack, the plane jumps up as the bombs drop and I can see two direct hits and an incredible explosion, followed by another as the others in my flight score. Next i'm taken out of my trance by tracers shoting past me, enemy fightes. I sight them(the sight is beatifully done) and fire after some sustained hits the fighter explodes in a fire ball falling to the ocean. the long flight back to base is not a boring one. I'll pay again what i paid for PF for some more bombers-the B-25 alone is worth the price of PF.

TC_Stele
11-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I love that bird. Its a nice bomber and has the feel of a fighter. I saw a guy online today flying a B25 attacking a He-111. Blew me away.

Snootles
11-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Love those multi-engine birds! I can't wait to see how the G4M handles, what it looks like inside, and how its scope works.

Reaves_42
11-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Indeed! Can't wait for the internal damage fx as well.. Bombers can take a lot of hits and they look very pretty when full of holes =)

rodion_zero
11-04-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm a fan of FB/AEP's flyable He-111 and I'm glad to see B-25 fans happy that it's flyable PF. It's refreshing to see posts like this, posts that concentrate on the good stuff that the sim has to offer, rather than the bad. I'm not saying it's bad to criticize the weak spots of the sim--I'm just saying what a relief it is to read more accounts of people actually enjoying it for what it is at the moment. It tells me I'm not alone. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-RODION

clint-ruin
11-04-2004, 02:38 AM
Yup. A-20 and Beau as well. All of them are just really, really fun to fly, and the firepower is just awesome.

It is a bit sad that after endless 10-20-30 page threads about how FB sucks because of the lack of allied bombers, how people felt ripped off at not getting the B-25 in AEP .. and now they get it .. and there's near-complete silence on the topic!

Beau and Oscar are my favorites so far.

Aaron_GT
11-04-2004, 04:14 AM
The bombers are proving to be very nice. More please! I am looking forward to a glass nose A20 of some variety, and maybe even a flyable Blenheim would be nice (the Mk. IV was used extensively in the CBI theatre).

Hurribomber
11-04-2004, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
The bombers are proving to be very nice. More please! I am looking forward to a glass nose A20 of some variety, and maybe even a flyable Blenheim would be nice (the Mk. IV was used extensively in the CBI theatre). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A glazed nose Boston would be great as we have no suitable bomber for the RAF at the moment.

The Blenheim obviously isn't going to happen now, which is a great shame as it was used in so many of the theatres we have in the game:-
Eastern front, Normandy, Ardennes, Desert, Far East......

Rebel_Yell_21
11-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Amen to this thread. I am in heaven with the B-25, A-20, and Beau. Looking forward to the Ju-88 in the not too distant future too, I hope.

TacticalYak3
11-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Just flew it for a couple of minutes. My impression is that the bombing automation (and keys) are the same as previous bombers like the He-111?

Yes, very happy to see not only more bombers but that destroying ground targets making a real difference in online/offline campaigns.

Up the bombers! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Snootles
11-04-2004, 01:53 PM
You know what's really fun? BOMBER DOGFIGHTS!!! Of course the B-25J or A-20G almost always win, what with all those nose guns. Now a Ju 88C-6 would stir things up a bit...

BfHeFwMe
11-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Yeah, especially since they originally sold it as flyable on the box of AEP. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Copperhead310th
11-04-2004, 04:58 PM
My only complaint about the b-25 is the lack
of a working Nordan bomb sight.
the use of the He-111 Bomb sight was a cheesy way out IMO. Other wise i'm thrilled with the b-25.

the Nordan was declassifed years ago...and there is plenty of information out there about it.

Frequent_Flyer
11-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Does that mean you've started to model it? Let me be the first to ask what patch will it included in?

Philipscdrw
11-04-2004, 07:37 PM
B-25 is one of my favourite craft. I look forward to the patch correcting the bombsight settings. I don't like inputting in metric!

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
The two I wanna fly are the B-25H with that giant tank gun (75mm) and the solid-nose J with 12 .50's forward.

The Beafighter is devastating BTW!... I kinda like to pretend I'm flying a Mosquito http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Snootles
11-04-2004, 11:19 PM
I don't fly the Mitchell as much as I should because the bombsight is a placeholder Lofte 7D. I assume the real Norden is on hold for the first patch, as I know Maddox wouldn't include the plane were there not enough data to make the authentic bombsight.