PDA

View Full Version : Firing torpedoes at non moving ships

CaptainBeefhead
04-05-2005, 09:24 AM
I´m new on SH3 and I have not learned about tdc and things like that yet but,. In case of firing a torpedo at a non moving ship from a quite long distance, and when automatic management/targeting tdc is set on, the electro-mechanical computer doesn´t predict that the ship will in cases of 99% start moving at full speed forward. And then the torpedo will miss slightly behind the stern of the ship. I would like to see a additional of 3 buttons, something like "Think it´s going to start moving backward" and "Think it´s going to start moving forward slow/fast" and then it will be a recalibrating of the torpedo direction before firing.
I always have to set the torpedo manually when the ships doesn´t move. I usually use manual management, however. Related posts, someone?!

CaptainBeefhead
04-05-2005, 09:24 AM
I´m new on SH3 and I have not learned about tdc and things like that yet but,. In case of firing a torpedo at a non moving ship from a quite long distance, and when automatic management/targeting tdc is set on, the electro-mechanical computer doesn´t predict that the ship will in cases of 99% start moving at full speed forward. And then the torpedo will miss slightly behind the stern of the ship. I would like to see a additional of 3 buttons, something like "Think it´s going to start moving backward" and "Think it´s going to start moving forward slow/fast" and then it will be a recalibrating of the torpedo direction before firing.
I always have to set the torpedo manually when the ships doesn´t move. I usually use manual management, however. Related posts, someone?!

HeibgesU999
04-05-2005, 09:27 AM
You can do that by setting a very wide spread.

CaptainBeefhead
04-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Add. Situation: Looking at target from abeam 90 degrees to its side.

Frederf220
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
If you think the target is going to accelerate 3 knots, you can, just before launch, goto manual input and increase the speed dial 3 kts or so.

Or you can aim at the bow of the ship in Easy TDC, make sure to open tube few seconds prior to firing, or there's a small delay.