PDA

View Full Version : My complaints (not to complain but to see something done about it)

DZA111
12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I enjoy this game, and I play it daily but it has been a huge disappointment at the same time.

1. "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" has to go. I find it hard to believe that everyone is waiting for players. I talk to the few people I do see in 2v2 (I play with a buddy of mine so we're just waiting for 2 people for the opposing faction). Most of them say it takes a while and one guy said, "It doesn't take too long, maybe 5-10 minutes". It should not take 10 minutes to find a game. If my buddy and I are hosting, and 2 other people are hosting on the opposing faction for the same map, shouldn't there be something set up to find each other? Perhaps something that'll constantly search while we're waiting? This didn't start out bad. The first few weeks were very quick. With the amount of people playing this game, and a lot of people waiting... what are we waiting for? Is this something that can be fixed? Last night for example, I was online for just under 2 hours. I played 3 games. One of them, my buddy was booted (see #2) so I evacuated and quit. Another game didn't happen (see #3) and we finally played a game for 26 minutes. Nearly 2 hours and 26 minutes of game time?!
2. Out of the 175 games I have played, I think 40-50 of them have been where I had to quit and or had my Xbox freeze on me. It seems every now and then my buddy will have a red X over his speaker icon on the screen where you select deployment units. If the game starts when he has the red X (I have a red X for him), he will get a victory (all left battle space) and I'll be in the game with an AI partner. I evacuate and quit. Is there a way to fix the red X occurrences?
3. The game starts, on Grissom, where we are SPZ fighting EFEC. I bring in a pair of tanks and a pair of transports. I see them, I'm viewing their camera. I start the voice command to create a task group. I get to "Unit 7 plus Uni..." and my entire group changes to 3 gunships, riflemen, tanks and 2 transports. I go from 4 to 6 and not a thing is the same (different ranks too). That's not all. I can view the camera of my buddy's units and I can see my original deployed group just sitting. Where are my ˜new units', oh they are simply at the opposing spawn zone getting chewed up. Why don't I take advantage, oh, because I can't shoot back. I couldn't even move most of the units. I just watched my units parish until my Xbox froze.
4. Xbox freezing needs to stop. I'm sure it's not great for the system and it's fairly frustrating. I don't even care that I had it freeze once where there were 34 seconds left on the victory clock. I care b/c I probably waiting 30-40 minutes to start that game and played it for 25-30 to have it freeze on me.

DZA111
12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I enjoy this game, and I play it daily but it has been a huge disappointment at the same time.

1. "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" has to go. I find it hard to believe that everyone is waiting for players. I talk to the few people I do see in 2v2 (I play with a buddy of mine so we're just waiting for 2 people for the opposing faction). Most of them say it takes a while and one guy said, "It doesn't take too long, maybe 5-10 minutes". It should not take 10 minutes to find a game. If my buddy and I are hosting, and 2 other people are hosting on the opposing faction for the same map, shouldn't there be something set up to find each other? Perhaps something that'll constantly search while we're waiting? This didn't start out bad. The first few weeks were very quick. With the amount of people playing this game, and a lot of people waiting... what are we waiting for? Is this something that can be fixed? Last night for example, I was online for just under 2 hours. I played 3 games. One of them, my buddy was booted (see #2) so I evacuated and quit. Another game didn't happen (see #3) and we finally played a game for 26 minutes. Nearly 2 hours and 26 minutes of game time?!
2. Out of the 175 games I have played, I think 40-50 of them have been where I had to quit and or had my Xbox freeze on me. It seems every now and then my buddy will have a red X over his speaker icon on the screen where you select deployment units. If the game starts when he has the red X (I have a red X for him), he will get a victory (all left battle space) and I'll be in the game with an AI partner. I evacuate and quit. Is there a way to fix the red X occurrences?
3. The game starts, on Grissom, where we are SPZ fighting EFEC. I bring in a pair of tanks and a pair of transports. I see them, I'm viewing their camera. I start the voice command to create a task group. I get to "Unit 7 plus Uni..." and my entire group changes to 3 gunships, riflemen, tanks and 2 transports. I go from 4 to 6 and not a thing is the same (different ranks too). That's not all. I can view the camera of my buddy's units and I can see my original deployed group just sitting. Where are my ˜new units', oh they are simply at the opposing spawn zone getting chewed up. Why don't I take advantage, oh, because I can't shoot back. I couldn't even move most of the units. I just watched my units parish until my Xbox froze.
4. Xbox freezing needs to stop. I'm sure it's not great for the system and it's fairly frustrating. I don't even care that I had it freeze once where there were 34 seconds left on the victory clock. I care b/c I probably waiting 30-40 minutes to start that game and played it for 25-30 to have it freeze on me.