PDA

View Full Version : Decoy tips in steal the artifact

thedoctorisin
12-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Decoy is an ability that will work fairly well against lower level players in this mode, they'll almost always go for the kill if they see one running, what with the kill flag icon on their head, but experienced players rarely fall for this so i thought of something new:

-Pretend to be a decoy yourself, stumble about like a fool before setting off on a light sprint, be careful though, your pursuer may try to stun you, but often they;ll be focused on your lookalike in the blend group long enough for you to pull off a nekkid stun.Don't try this on the younguns, you'll almost always die.

-When you activate your decoy, run with it, I call it the running of the bulls strategy, some higher level players may try to smoke/charge the both of you but i've had limited success with it, even on veterans, one of whom tried to charge the both of us but we were moving too fast and he missed, giving me a nice nekkid stun.(this was on a prestige 13 btw)

-Set your decoy on discreet/disguised, it's casual walking animation may make pursuers think it is the real you, or a bodyguard, so don't put too much faith in it.

Lass4r
12-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Discreet decoys work great, you'll have to be playing against only good players for the "pretend to be a decoy"-thing to work (ironically). Im not sure it will be consistent enough to work properly, but good idea.

thedoctorisin
12-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Lass4r:
Discreet decoys work great, you'll have to be playing against only good players for the "pretend to be a decoy"-thing to work (ironically). Im not sure it will be consistent enough to work properly, but good idea.

Switch your tactics around depending on who is in your lobby and who is specifically pursuing you.

Pretend to be a decoy is great because it causes veteran players to rethink their strategy of "not killing the decoy", I alter my ability sets constantly depending on who is playing against me.

This one player loved to abuse knives and charge so i used smoke bomb to counter it, your pursuers abilities/method pretty much define what i base my strategies on.

This one artifact carrier would not stop roofing so i pulled out knives and gun and ended his streak pretty quick.