PDA

View Full Version : What does the AI want from me?

eeper276
02-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry newbie question. When I fly dynamic campaign missions as a wingman to another AI pilot is my job just to stay behind him?

It seems that as soon as I spot an enemy aircraft and break off to engage I get shouted at by the AI. Do I just stay with my wingleader and let him take all the glory or will he eventually give me an instruction to engage? Also, is there a way to report bandits to your flight?

eeper276
02-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry newbie question. When I fly dynamic campaign missions as a wingman to another AI pilot is my job just to stay behind him?

It seems that as soon as I spot an enemy aircraft and break off to engage I get shouted at by the AI. Do I just stay with my wingleader and let him take all the glory or will he eventually give me an instruction to engage? Also, is there a way to report bandits to your flight?

JG54_Arnie
02-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Unfortunatly, AI isnt really smart, it starts yelling at you when you are a certain distance away from them and thats it. You cant give them any info, appart from orders if you're leading a flight or have a wingman. So just ignore them and do what you are there to do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Either protect your leader or go John Rambo on the enemy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SithSpeeder
02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
I believe that if you start yourself at a higher rank (if possible), then you will be the leader and the AI will follow your commands. At least that's how I am running my Wildcat campaign.

Otherwise, yes, you are supposed to follow your leader and protect his six and he gets all the glory.

I use Shoot1.6 to issue voice commands to the AI (instead of Tab-2-6-3 b.s.)--much more immersive/realistic.

* _54th_Speeder *

Akronnick
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
You can yell "Clear my tail!" (Tab-7) and your flight will try to rescue you.

John_Stag
02-22-2005, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What does the AI want from me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beer.

Well, I would.

AWL_Spinner
02-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I always start at a higher rank so I can lead the flights. They seem much "smarter" when they're reacting to your orders than when they're trying to give them!