PDA

View Full Version : ive just order my copy of cfs3

raaaid
12-07-2004, 08:36 AM
with servers that support forced cockpit on and the new trackir 6dof technology i think is a must giving it a try

in fact i changed from cfs 2 to il2 because cfs2 dint have a mouse view while il2 did, now i guess is the other way around

im noit waiting a whole year for this technology when is already avalaible within two weeks

although i recognize the superiority of pf against cfs3 6dof is too revolutionary to ignore it

raaaid
12-07-2004, 08:36 AM
with servers that support forced cockpit on and the new trackir 6dof technology i think is a must giving it a try

in fact i changed from cfs 2 to il2 because cfs2 dint have a mouse view while il2 did, now i guess is the other way around

im noit waiting a whole year for this technology when is already avalaible within two weeks

although i recognize the superiority of pf against cfs3 6dof is too revolutionary to ignore it

sapre
12-07-2004, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raaaid:

although i recognize the superiority of pf against cfs3 6dof is too revolutionary to ignore it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can never understand this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

VVS-Manuc
12-07-2004, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raaaid:

although i recognize the superiority of pf against cfs3 6dof is too revolutionary to ignore it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
bye

Texas LongHorn
12-07-2004, 08:59 AM
I must be missing something here. Isn't CFS3 something like two years old? So is the IL2 engine, but what's the big deal, the ability to lean or move your head in the cockpit? Like I said, I must be missing something here. All the best, LongHorn

Vengeanze
12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
I must be missing something here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are missing something here.

Charlie_52ndVFW
12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Your all missing the fact that you've never used the Vector Expansion.

I went out and bought CFS3 after testing Vector in MS2004. While I still see CFS3 as inferior to PF, it is still a bit more enjoyable with the added technology.

I just went live with the review and software tutorial on our site (click sig). So you can see what you will be missing.

lbhskier37
12-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Pros... Gain ability to move head

Cons... Fugly cockpits, nasty looking ground textures, no headshake(kills immersion to me), terrible cockpits, cheaters, nasty cockpits, runs like **** on supercomputer, ugly cockpits, no carriers, ugly cockpits, days of tweaking and add-ons to make it somewhat realistic, gross cockpits, need paid add-ons for it to be useful.

Hmmm.

Charlie_52ndVFW
12-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Fact: You dont know that any of what you said will be true.

lbhskier37
12-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Fact, I own CFS3. Tried for months to make it not look/run/feel like **** and gave up. Now the CD is a nice place to set my beer when I fly PF.

Philipscdrw
12-07-2004, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lbhskier37:
Fact, I own CFS3. Tried for months to make it not look/run/feel like **** and gave up. Now the CD is a nice place to set my beer when I fly PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Don't drink and fly! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

9th_Spitin
12-07-2004, 09:29 AM

LOL, I would have sold you my CFS3 cheap. I think I can get the water rings off the disc.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
If you stick with it you will have fun with CFS3. The Il2 series is by far a better product for a number of reasons. It looks better, runs better, has more realistic flight models, etc. CFS3 is nice to have though, especially if you get the firepower addon. I think that CFS3 better replicates flight. Even if the flight models aren't perfect, I think the game overall allows the player to get a better feel of what really flying a plane is like. I prefer CFS3's force feeback efects and if your system is up to it, CFS3can crank out some very respectible visuals. I also like CFS3 because of the ability to add in new planes. This is a great way for online players to cheat (which I don't like) but its also a way to fly a host of other aircraft that will never make it into the Il2 series. They aren't nearly as well done as the addons we get through the 3rd party modelers and 1c but its fun none the less.

Revolter_
12-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Okay,

Goodbye Raaaid, will miss your forum posts ??

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Charlie_52ndVFW
12-07-2004, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lbhskier37:
Fact, I own CFS3. Tried for months to make it not look/run/feel like **** and gave up. Now the CD is a nice place to set my beer when I fly PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was under the impression that you were making those comments regarding the Vector being used in Pacific Fighters.

My appologies.

And yes... CFS3 has the stock 'MS ground textures' as can be seen in MSF series.... nasty.

R_Mutt
12-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Are you going to give us daily updates on your CFS3 progress or are you going to join another forum with people who could give 2 squirts?

crazyivan1970
12-07-2004, 11:29 AM
OMG, I think i`m gonna cry

Loki-PF
12-07-2004, 11:40 AM

OK then.... Buh-Bye