PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

Xuanram
04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
I have, but didn't complete, the first Assassin's Creed 1 game.

Should I complete that game before I play AC: 2 for the purpose of storyline?

catalinvasi
04-14-2011, 08:33 AM
nu am codu sa joc acest joc

Razrback16
04-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Xuanram:

Yes. Much of AC2 in terms of the core storyline will not make sense without playing AC1 first.

Rawbbeh
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I know, for me, it was a REALLY hard game to stay focused on. It spanned me over 3 days, atleast, because it felt like a chore, doing the same thing atleast nine times. But if you don't, you wont know the full story. And it's CRUCIAL. And you'll feel like you accomplished something after completing all three games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

xsatanicjokerx
04-15-2011, 02:28 AM
No i don't think you have to play the first game to get the story in ac2. There is a short video at the start of ac2 that explains all you need to no from ac1.

Although i do recomment playing ac1 which is a very good game however some people get put off by the repetition of the gameplay. I didn't notice the repetition intill my second playthrough when someone pointed it out to me lol i was so involved in the story it didn't matter.

BulaRae
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
I jumped in with AC2 after a long discussion with my game store owner and his suggestion based on what I like and such and that it's really primitive in a lot of ways compared to 2 and Brotherhood, and I must say that I didn't feel like I missed anything. It did take me about halfway through the game to really feel like I "got it", however, as far as strategy and concepts. For example, I didn't get the importance of climbing to Viewpoints until later in the game and stumbled around without my maps till over halfway through. From what I hear, I wouldn't have done that if I'd played the first game.

I went on to Brotherhood and I would not say the same for that—it's a MUST to play AC2 first before Brotherhood, IMO.

lilbacchant
04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Xuanram:

(AC1) Once you get the Counter-kill ability restored (can't remember if it's after the third or fourth target), the game will really take off for you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Btw, you don't have to do all of the pre-assassination investigations before each target (usually just three or so before you can go back to the headquarters to initiate the mission).

Imo, AC1 had the best story of them all, so I'd strongly recommend you play it.