PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the new patch :)

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:10 AM
I've heard a few people bad mouth the patch of course due to the fact that they have to relearn how to fly. Personaly I couldn't be happier, the aircraft feel more realistic, now it's more like the old il-2... The aircraft seem to have been fixed, you have to actually be careful and know how to fly them now, it's not all arcade like it was before (got sick of that).

The performance is much improved, and the sound works great now!, Congrats Oleg... Love the patch /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:10 AM
I've heard a few people bad mouth the patch of course due to the fact that they have to relearn how to fly. Personaly I couldn't be happier, the aircraft feel more realistic, now it's more like the old il-2... The aircraft seem to have been fixed, you have to actually be careful and know how to fly them now, it's not all arcade like it was before (got sick of that).

The performance is much improved, and the sound works great now!, Congrats Oleg... Love the patch /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

eskimo-FHmod
08-19-2003, 12:12 AM
and that was worth starting a new thread for ?

btw. i agree i like the patch.
<centerhttp://homepages.ihug.com.au/~peabody/ihugSig.jpg (http://www.fhmod.com)

Message Edited on 08/18/0311:14PM by eskimo-FHmod

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Agreed.

Hummm....your name looks vaguely familiar.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Thats probably b/c we're in the same squadron ;p

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I know.
That was supposed to be funny.

I guess I need a few more beers.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:29 AM
First, let me state that I fly Russian aircraft, primarily the Yak series and to a lesser degree the LA-5FN. These are flown primarily on "full real" servers. At first I too thought the patch was an improvement until I played using it a bit more. Now my opinion is that the patch is a step backward. The aircraft engine power as well as the hitting punch/ammo load of the Yak-3 certainly seems diminished. The LA-5FN has really been neutered as well from a power and maneuverability perspective. When engine power is reduced, nothing happens for about 10-15 seconds and then only slowly. This is simply poor and well beneath what is expected of commercial grade software this late in the product's "beta" cycle (let's face it, the first official release was really beta).

On the plus side, it fixed the absolutely abysmal blackout model that the first release of FB brought with it. From a Yak/LA aircraft performance vantage, however, it's been a disappointment. The FW damage model is a joke. This aircraft takes FAR too many hits to bring down. Anyway, this patch is supposedly still a beta release and not the final official release. As with all things beta, I'll reserve final judgement until the official patch gets released.

GR142-Pipper

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Well I like the patch too and its good to see a thread that isn't complaining,,I don't know all the plane specs and really don't care about roll rates,,Killing power and all that,,I just want to fly a bit when I get home..If I thought it was all crap I'd uninstall it and put it away with some other loosers I've bought and forget about it,It is beta and if it wasn't released the complaining would have benn in that direction,,,But eaither way the beat goes on

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:47 AM
The only whining that is happening that I can see are the people who flew the la5fn and some yak series and maybe hurri's because they got nummed down, I flew everything and love the changes to all aircraft /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

If a la5fn was SOOO important to your success as a pilot maybe people should start re-evaluating their situation /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Train, learn, re-learn.... You only stop learning when you die, I love the new phisyics... But hey nothing is perfect.