PDA

View Full Version : Oleg and Team, authentic engine sounds available

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi to all at Maddox,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a CD "Checkflight Gustav G2 Trop" which is a recording of an actual G2 (Black 6) with the REAL thing...an inverted V12, 35.7 litre single overhead cam, fuel injected DB605 (4 valves per cylinder), rated at 1475 hp. ALL sounds are here, ...start up, taxi, take off, flyby...both exterior and interior.The screaming turbo boost in flyby, is bone chilling! This CD also has authentic sounds of P38, P47, Spit-mk14, P40, and P51. If you are interested in putting these authentic sounds in the game(s), simply send your mailing address to my email: trucker@sentex.net , and I will donate to the cause (free)and will be happy to mail it to you.

Lev /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi to all at Maddox,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a CD "Checkflight Gustav G2 Trop" which is a recording of an actual G2 (Black 6) with the REAL thing...an inverted V12, 35.7 litre single overhead cam, fuel injected DB605 (4 valves per cylinder), rated at 1475 hp. ALL sounds are here, ...start up, taxi, take off, flyby...both exterior and interior.The screaming turbo boost in flyby, is bone chilling! This CD also has authentic sounds of P38, P47, Spit-mk14, P40, and P51. If you are interested in putting these authentic sounds in the game(s), simply send your mailing address to my email: trucker@sentex.net , and I will donate to the cause (free)and will be happy to mail it to you.

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 08:33 PM
hi,
I'm interest to this CD...there was a store in the net ..they sold it. or ? is it a private produced one ?

anyway..check link..of my wingman.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

hope the developer will integrate more original sounds in the coming BoB..

...just follow my wingman...
http://www.ss.iij4u.or.jp/~jime/images/Me109G6Anim/messer04LAN2.wmv

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Forwarded to relevanrt parties ...

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Here's a link starfighter.

The CD I have is 3/4 down the page. "Checkflight Gustav" You can do a search , there are other sources, maybe something closer to you. As you can see, there are tons of sources for ALL planes, so there should be no problem for Maddox to sample and put authentic sounds in the games. Look here:

http://www.skywaysdirect.com/en-gb/dept_22.html

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Nice of you to offer but I can pretty much guarantee they won't go for it for a couple reasons. One being that major development changes are pretty much done by 1C and only tweaks and fixes are in the works for 1.2 and maybe the next also. Secondly, there would likely be copyright issues and perhaps technical issues using the sounds from that CD.

Too bad though since authentic engine sounds would be nice for FB. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://mywebpage.netscape.com/nyngje/charvel.JPG

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Yes, I was also thinking that they might have their minds made up about what they are planning, but I also thought of copyright issues except for a couple things that blows that theory out of the water...copyright usually applies only to composed material (in the case of sounds) and these people who produced the CD only recorded an engine sound ,they didn't compose anything and therefor,they don't own the sound. It would be the same sound on every recorder if there were 1000 people standing there during the flyby recording. Besides maddox would only be sampling and it would be next to impossible to prove the source and secondly the only people recording this stuff would be aircraft nuts like the rest of us and you know what a close knit friendly, sharing group we are, right? It reminds me of when Harley Davidson tried to patent the "harley sound" and it was thrown out of court.

Lev /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Lev wrote:
- Yes, I was also thinking that they might have their
- minds made up about what they are planning, but I
- also thought of copyright issues except for a couple
- things that blows that theory out of the
- water...copyright usually applies only to composed
- material (in the case of sounds) and these people
- who produced the CD only recorded an engine sound
- ,they didn't compose anything and therefor,they
- don't own the sound. It would be the same sound on
- every recorder if there were 1000 people standing
- there during the flyby recording. Besides maddox
- would only be sampling and it would be next to
- impossible to prove the source and secondly the only
- people recording this stuff would be aircraft nuts
- like the rest of us and you know what a close knit
- friendly, sharing group we are, right? It reminds me
- of when Harley Davidson tried to patent the "harley
- sound" and it was thrown out of court.
-

Wrong. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The copyright goes to the "artist" who recorded the sounds in the particular manner in which they did. Patents are a completely different issue and do not apply here.

The person/parties who recorded the engine sounds did so in a particular manner just like Angus Young of AC/DC records his sound of an SG through a Marshall (eg.) but does not own the "SG through a Marshall" sound.

They do not own the sound but they do own their recorded interpretation of it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

cheers

<center>http://mywebpage.netscape.com/nyngje/charvel.JPG

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Yes, that is a nice sound CD but only a few sounds are any good on the CD. The in cockpit sound is the only one worth anything. All the other sounds are flybys and it is hard to get a continuous droning sound of any engine because of the variable distance factor. I have the whole set of CD's and only some of the sounds are good.

Very good try. I think Oleg is doing a great job on the sound of German and Russian aircraft. But the sewing machine sound of the Hurricane is not too good I'm afraid.

Regards
Jib02 /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif

"I thought you told me they would break formation if we pressed home a good frontal attack."

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Hi, thanks for the offer, I will write you that to now exact title of CD. Probably we have it.

We don't use direct sound files from CDs... With suchamount of sounds that we have it is simply currently impossible. Just try to understand why:

We use syntesize that to make sound rich and in contratdiction that thing do not overload memory and resources. If we'll use direct plug in sound files and if we like to get same amount of all sound that we have now in FB, then we'll simply willl need about 2 GGb RAM just for enigines effects, if not more.

So we use syntezis and the sound from CDs we use only like a reference.
The syntezised sound may have differences to recorded on CDs samples and some time even more close to real sound. Just because these recorded sounds (on CDs) were recoreded on the ground only and do not reflect the real picture of binaural sound (read they are too simple, comparing to what you'll hear in real life for these planes), they was recorded from a distance and do not reflect the things that really get human ears(head) in reality, espacially if the CD sounds are mono or even simple stereo recording.

For the sample take MS CFS3 engine sounds that "advertize real sample recording" and using it in game. Ist it really too poor comparing to sounds in FB? Ask prop aircraft pilots to check /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif

Lev wrote:
- Hi to all at Maddox,
-
- I just wanted to let you know that I have a CD
- "Checkflight Gustav G2 Trop" which is a recording of
- an actual G2 (Black 6) with the REAL thing...an
- inverted V12, 35.7 litre single overhead cam, fuel
- injected DB605 (4 valves per cylinder), rated at
- 1475 hp. ALL sounds are here, ...start up, taxi,
- take off, flyby...both exterior and interior.The
- screaming turbo boost in flyby, is bone chilling!
- This CD also has authentic sounds of P38, P47,
- Spit-mk14, P40, and P51. If you are interested in
- putting these authentic sounds in the game(s),
- simply send your mailing address to my email:
- trucker@sentex.net , and I will donate to the cause
- (free)and will be happy to mail it to you.
-
- Lev /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
-

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 07:07 AM
There ya go! Straight from the horses mouth! Good to see Oleg still reads here. The behavior of some around here has been embarassing.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:

.... So we use syntezis and the sound from CDs we use
only like a reference. ....

2 questions:

1)how much options with synthesize sound more to real
sound of plane engines could be possible at new Bob...?
remember a little bit'Jane's WWII and Bob by Rowan'....

2) how did they get the progress in racing games like 'F1
by EA Sports,DTM(Codemaster), Collin Mc Rally and
others... motorsound near to real on all speedup ?
+ of course at LockOn (turbine sounds)

http://www.roedelmodell.de/original/Me109/me109-4s.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 09:31 AM
hi,
re..
I remember some pilots recorded sound in cockpit by flying warbirds ...of course with original restored engine ...

..best way to look forward to this ...ask the companies who are building up flyable warbirds.....

http://www.roedelmodell.de/original/Me109/me109-4s.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 10:29 AM
oleg why in cfs2 that uses direct sounds 3-6m clips for startup idle 3 accelarations engine sieze shutdown flap wheel skids brakes richochets and many others and doesnt require 2gigs of ram. idle is editied for engine rpm increases, I just hope you guys fix the sound eventually. Very nice to see you posting again here oleg and hope you stick around

http://www.freewebs.com/leadspitter/lead.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 10:22 PM
OMG I would love to have those sounds in FB!!!!!!