PDA

View Full Version : x-45 or x-52

iceman2374
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
I was just wondering whice stick u guys recommend thank you.

iceman2374
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
I was just wondering whice stick u guys recommend thank you.

Bearcat99
02-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Depends on a lot. How much do you have to spend? The X-45 is cheaper.... Do you prefer a twist stick or do you prefer a rudder rocker? The X-52 is a twist stick.. the X-45 has a rocker... Do you plan to upgrade in the future as far as rudder pedals go? If you do then the rudder rocker on the X45 can be used as a switch...... I use mine for flaps..... Do you want more bells and whistles? The X-52 is full of them.... what I suggest is this..... Go here (http://store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/recprod.html)... see if you can get a reconditioned X-45 there ....... for $39.... if you can.. then do that... and take the difference between the cost of an X-52 and the $39 you will spend there for an X-45 and go here (http://www.provantage.com/buy-110CHPU-ch-shopping.htm) and get yourself a set of rudder pedals for $92 and you will be set for a spell...... I use the X-45.... I like it.....

You want the pedals to be USB..... or you might if you have the cash want to invest in a CH stick and throttle setup.... I hear they are very good... but I am happy with my X-45 that cost me less that half of what just the CH throttle or stick alone would cost.... but thats me....

tB_Blueknight
02-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I bought one..lol UPS says it will be here the 15th. shipping and all total cost $51.00 bucks
Thanks

MrQBerrt
02-09-2005, 02:56 PM
To add to Bearcat's post,

You might also want to think about the stick and sensors themselves.
The x-52 is very tall which means you'll have to move it around a lot more than you're used to.
Also, a lot of people have been having problems with the deadzone on the x52. As far as I know this is not a problem with the x-45. You can read more about this at the Saitek Forums (http://saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=6176) (registration might be required).

I like my x-52, but if I had to do it over again, I'd want to wait a few more months on the x-52 to see if all the problems get ironed out.

WUAF_LtC_Prop
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
i have an x45 and the only problem i have is deciding what button i want to use lol, seriously i had it for about a year and the only thing i noticed negative is there is more center play on it over time so i need to figure a way to tighten it a tad

VF-19
02-09-2005, 06:39 PM
I've got a X-45, and I'm quite pleased with it. Still need to tweak the rudder rocker though, it's still a bit too sensitive. The only problem I've had with it was that the lubrication on the spring loaded disk at the base wore out. The wax treatment really does work! Apply to the shaft of the joystick, and some to the ring and you're good to go!

Plus, if anything goes wrong with the stick and it's still under warranty, it's eraseable (as in wax is easily removed, so Saitek isn't the wiser).

LordOliver
02-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I just upgraded my X-45 to an X-52 about a week ago and I couldn't be happier. Takes a bit getting used to the new movement, and you have to really make changes to your axis reponses in game( like set them WAY up... my 10% x and y axes start at 60) but once that is accomplished, I can do much better with it than I ever could have with the X-45. Very smooth.

If you have peddals, the twist of the stick can be physically locked out... nice touch. The stick grip is also adjustable to fit, something the X-45 lacks.

Can't say I have seen any dead band of any significance, but that is my opinion.

It moves so easily, and I believe it uses hall effect sensors so there would be no pots to go bad. (dont' quote me on that)

The MFD of the 52 is of limited usefulness, and could have been left out IMO. About all it is good for is to see what time it is, or if you enter the game without starting your profile, you can set the profi right from the stick.

My only gripe is that the mode switch has been moved from the throttle to the stick and is not always easy to get to, at least for me.

A total of 34 buttons and 9 axes plus that nice mean blue glow... so nice I picked up a Saitek gaming keyboard to match it (with a command pad for an additional 27 mapped buttons) heh everything glows blue now.

Found it at CompUSA.. if one is in your area, feel them both out and see which one you may like better. They are both nice sticks in their own way.

marcocomparato
02-11-2005, 01:59 AM
totally love my X52.

once you get involved in customizing your own in-depth button mapping for all six modes, the MFD actually gets pretty useful.