PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking the exclusive in-game quests

Cornik22
08-06-2009, 03:23 AM
I’ve never played a game with multiple editions and the collector’s edition having exclusive in-game quests/maps/levels, so I was wondering, how are you supposed to unlock those places? With a special code? How has this been done in previous games? I’m curious.

Xm3buX
08-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Usually you just enter a code. It might have to be on the marketplace, or whatever PS3s equivelent is and it'll download, or it might be like some other ubisoft titles, where it's more of a cheat that you enter and it unlocks, so everyone'll end up with the bonus content.

Charlie_Romeo
08-06-2009, 06:16 AM
i hope its the 1 where very1 gets it in the end cause im not buying the Black Edition as its only a game (No matter how awesome i aint gonna pay 2x as much for it) But i dont understand why people are going to buy the black/white editions could som1 enlighten me to why they are getting it?

bokeef04
08-06-2009, 06:41 AM
heres the list from the Australian EBgames site for the black edition

* Rare “Master Assassin” upgrade Ezio figurine: This highly collectible figurine produced in limited quantities introduces a unique and powerful design of upgraded Assassin cloak that Ezio will only access in the advanced stages of the adventure.
* 3 in-game bonus quests: Enter and explore the Renaissances most prestigious monuments to reveal mysterious unique artifacts hidden within their walls:
o Palazzo Medicis in Florence
o Santa Maria Dei Frari In Venice
o Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse In Venice
* Conspiracy book: This unique piece of art regroups exclusive development team insights on the game art, story and background, revealing secret faces of the Assassin’s Creed overarching conspiracy. The 64 pages book comes with finely crafted leather style hardcover and parchment finish pages.
* Game Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd (British Academy of Film and Television Arts nominee for “2009 Best original score in a game”)
* All videos, behind-the-scene interviews and e-goodies about Assassin’s Creed II
* Collectible black packaging featured with unique authenticity holographic signature

Cornik22
08-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Usually you just enter a code. It might have to be on the marketplace, or whatever PS3s equivelent is and it'll download, or it might be like some other ubisoft titles, where it's more of a cheat that you enter and it unlocks, so everyone'll end up with the bonus content.
Ok, thanks. So not so exclusive, really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

braxton888
08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I really hope they stick with an online code, id hate for everyone to have this, i dont want to pay for it, and then in the end my money was spent for nothing, i just pre ordered from gamestop and got the one quest, must be the most important.... It would suck if everyone got it.

Ureh
08-06-2009, 01:19 PM
They should make it exclusive so that the only way to play the bonus maps are if you have the CE discs (black ed., white ed. master ed. etc).
Hopefully they're included on the discs.

Charlie_Romeo
08-06-2009, 01:22 PM
i dont think that the bonous levels will be that important as 3/4 of gamers wont actually play them.

MrNussbaum
08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
They should make it exclusive so that the only way to play the bonus maps are if you have the CE discs (black ed., white ed. master ed. etc).
Hopefully they're included on the discs.

I hope you're wrong. They should make them downloadable for everyone, eventually. I'm getting the Master Assassin's edition but I'd like the opportunity to download the Arsenal Shipyard map eventually.

Arponce
08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Just make the "maps" cost MS points or whatever sony uses, i don't want to spend 150$ for three "maps" that i don't even know what they do

caswallawn_2k7
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
they should do the same as the collectors ed of fable, make a code to be used on live/PSN that allows the download of the map's and then keep it limited to the people who got the speecail editions. if they make them free for all or a cheat code it kills the only gameplay advantagge of the specail editions, making it less worth while paying for.

Arponce
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
But what about the people who cant spent 150 on a game but still want the full AC2 experience?

caswallawn_2k7
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
the map's have nothing to do with the game story, they are just a extra. also the Us version is alot less than $150 even if you bought the black edition from the UK it would be less than $150.

Arponce
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Special editions can just have the maps first and everyone else has to wait to buy them with MS points at a later release

Arponce
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Special edition should get the maps first and others have to buy them with MS points at a later release date

caswallawn_2k7
08-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I ahve yet to see a single firm offer collectors edition items at a later date to the people with the standard copy of the game. this is because if they did they could advertise them as exclusive tot he collectors ED.

Arponce
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
They would be exclusive for the time being

caswallawn_2k7
08-06-2009, 01:51 PM
they would have to advertise them as play first/inluded with the collectors ed and not exclusive to, otherwise it would be false advertising.

Arponce
08-06-2009, 01:54 PM
oh, well do you if they are worth the money? or what the "maps" really are

caswallawn_2k7
08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
nobody knows what they are other than 3 locations you can search round and my have a couple of missions or something in them.

EmperorxZurg
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Arponce:
Just make the "maps" cost MS points or whatever sony uses, i don't want to spend 150$ for three "maps" that i don't even know what they do

Dude ur thinking of the modern warfare 2 package, the AC2 master assassin is like $80

SWJS
08-06-2009, 02:21 PM
It doesn't just come with the maps guys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif It also comes with a rare collectable figurine, a premium collectable metal case, an art book, the game's soundtrack, and a behind the scenes DVD.

All that other stuff will never be available to the public either, and, let me tell you, it just gives you a good feeling knowing you'll get more than anybody else who didn't get it.

Cornik22
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm getting the Master Assassin's edition but I'd like the opportunity to download the Arsenal Shipyard map eventually
I wonder why the Arsenal Shipyard location is so exclusive. I mean, you can only get it buying the black edition!

SWJS
08-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Meh. I'd bet the money I spent on the Master edition that it's just another bonus map to tool around in.

Ureh
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I hope someone posts HD videos (when the maps come out) of all 3 places. Something tells me I'll need a internet connection for my ps3 just to download the maps - which I won't be able to do - so I'm just going to have to watch other people play them (especially the armory).

I'm still wondering what's the difference between the bonus features disc in master ed. and bonus features disc in black ed.

MrNussbaum
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by c-swain:
The 3 exclusive maps that come with the Black Edition will almost certainly not be available to the "public". This is because, a lot of people [me being one of them] will have paid good money for the black edition of the game, and if Ubisoft just sends out the maps to everyone when the game is released, the only difference between the black and white/master editions would be the black figurine and the casing.

Do you have an facts to back up this argument or is it just blind hope? And by the way, I'm sure many people outside of Europe would gladly pay money for the Black Edition if they were given the chance.

Altaezio
08-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Does The master Assassins Edition brinq any bonus quests...or just 2 maps

Xm3buX
08-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Altaezio:
Does The master Assassins Edition brinq any bonus quests...or just 2 maps
The maps are the bonus quests.

opisamra
08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I have already preodreed the Black Edition so Imma get this exclusive cntent no matter what... I hope that the extra maps come included in the White/Black/MA disks. That would make everything so much easier wouldn't it??
Also, I hope it's not some cheat code that everyone can get coz then it would be sooooooooooo un-fare to those people that forked out the extra money to buy the special editions like me!!
And no offence, but I don't really care if the people who can't get those Special Editions won't be able to access the exclusive content. I don't want my money to go to waste!!!!!!!! U'll just have to watch it on the net.

EmperorxZurg
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
The only thing Im missing from the black edition is the conspiracy book, need to find some way to read it, otherwise I got all I want, the art book, the soundtrack, an Ezio figurine and of course AC2 the GAME!

SWJS
08-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by opisamra:
I have already preodreed the Black Edition so Imma get this exclusive cntent no matter what... I hope that the extra maps come included in the White/Black/MA disks. That would make everything so much easier wouldn't it??
Also, I hope it's not some cheat code that everyone can get coz then it would be sooooooooooo un-fare to those people that forked out the extra money to buy the special editions like me!!
And no offence, but I don't really care if the people who can't get those Special Editions won't be able to access the exclusive content. I don't want my money to go to waste!!!!!!!! U'll just have to watch it on the net.

Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
The only thing Im missing from the black edition is the conspiracy book, need to find some way to read it, otherwise I got all I want, the art book, the soundtrack, an Ezio figurine and of course AC2 the GAME!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Ureh
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Wait, a minute. What are you talking about?
I thought the Black Edition comes with the conspiracy book? And I thought the conspiracy book was the artbook? You're confusing me!

SWJS
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
The conspiracy book and art book are two different things.

EmperorxZurg
08-08-2009, 11:11 PM
the conspiracy book explains the conspiracies behind how it happened, like for AC1 they had that comic of Desmond and such while the art book is just a book full of concept art, but I like the art book, their drawings/painting things are awesome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ureh
08-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Aw, man. Now I find out I'm missing something else. :/ That's two things now:
Conspiracy book and Arsenal Shipyard.

Grimm-X67
08-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
It doesn't just come with the maps guys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif It also comes with a rare collectable figurine.
Actually, it's a statue, what we [N.A.] were supposed to get for AC1 collectors, except it's of Ezio.

opisamra Posted Sat August 08 2009 19:06 And no offence, but I don't really care if the people who can't get those Special Editions won't be able to access the exclusive content. I don't want my money to go to waste!!!!!!!! U'll just have to watch it on the net.

Ha ha, human greed at its finest, thank you for proving everything I've said about humans in the best correct. XD I just want you to know, from the bottom of my deep human-hating heart, you will be deathly dissapointed when Ubi releases the missing maps in other regions as DLC. They won't do it right away of course, when sales begin to drop a little bit, then they'll do it.

EmperorxZurg
08-08-2009, 11:58 PM
but that means u hate urself Grimm! or are u from District 9?

Grimm-X67
08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
but that means u hate urself Grimm! or are u from District 9?
Born and raised in District 9 and a Non-Human sympathizer by extent. XD

Chiiru22
08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
that makes me a little sad. I preordered the MA edition... but I really really want that conspiracy book >_<

SWJS
08-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the MAE. It's got 2 maps, better than just the Palazzo Medici which everyone with get. It's also got the Ezio statue, a bonus DVD and the soundrack. It even has a metal case. I think the MAE is a good alternative to the black edition.

Chiiru22
08-09-2009, 04:00 PM
you're right, ETA. I'm just really excited to even get a CE here in NA. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

braxton888
08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Me too, i cant wait, but i really hope that they dont release this to the public, then that would be totally lame.

thekyle0
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
uh, aren't we the public? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

moi944
08-10-2009, 06:35 PM
really hope you can download all the level, I dont want to buy the figurine and extra DVD for the level.

Grimm-X67
08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I am certain everyone will get the missing levels at some point or another, just not recent, and I highly doubt UbiSoft will make it exclusive to some discs, no one has done it, and no one is going to waste the money doing it, why? Because then they can get more money later selling the key to unlock it on PSN and XBL.

So guys just remember to have a max of 800 spare MS Points on your account.

EmperorxZurg
08-10-2009, 07:40 PM
lol, dang, I just spent it on a gow map pack, time to go to my checking account! I finally have my own banking account even though I'm 14, I'm so late lol, but they'll probably release it before the announce the specs of AC3, like when AC2 is dying down {it never will} to pick things up again, JUST inn case

An_Idea
08-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the map's have nothing to do with the game story, they are just a extra. also the Us version is alot less than $150 even if you bought the black edition from the UK it would be less than $150.

the black edition is 70 pounds which translates to $115, and i would totally spend that amount of money.... if i lived in europe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

moi944
08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I woundn't care paying a extra 10$ for the three map

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 04:26 PM
It's not just the disks. Gamestop is giving a card with a code on it for the Palazzo Medici for all those who preordered AC2. (Like i did!) It may just be a universal code or it's always different and once somebody enters it, it can't be used again. They might do that so nobody just puts it online and everyone gets it then.

EmperorxZurg
08-12-2009, 05:06 PM
That's wat they did for Gow2, they gave out individual codes and once it was entered, it would never accept that code again so you couldn't resell it or anything

Cornik22
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Gamestop is giving a card with a code on it for the Palazzo Medici for all those who preordered AC2. (Like i did!)
Really? Cool! Could you show us the design of the card, or it´s just the code? I´m curious.

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gamestop is giving a card with a code on it for the Palazzo Medici for all those who preordered AC2. (Like i did!)
Really? Cool! Could you show us the design of the card, or it is just a code? I´m curious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't give it to you then. When you go to the store and actually buy the game then they give it to you. They don't want people losing them and them asking for anouther.

caswallawn_2k7
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
since they are using these maps as an insentive to buy the collector's ed's I cant see them doing anything other than a PSN/Live activation code, all 3 systems can support it PSN shop can accept codes, Xbox Live and games for windows Live both accept the codes in thier market places.

Cornik22
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
They don't give it to you then. When you go to the store and actually buy the game then they give it to you. They don't want people losing them and them asking for anouther.
Ok, thanks for the answer! Now I get it. I´ll be getting mine for pc.

EricJRW
11-05-2009, 11:12 AM
So what's the verdict, will Palazzo Medici eventually be available to everyone?

I just pre-ordered from Amazon for $55.99 plus a $10 credit on a future game purpose... So no tax, no shipping, I save almost $20, but maybe now I loose out on this bonus?

OTOH, if I can get it eventually, then part of my savings can go towards that.

TIA

MetalOni
11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
This is on the play website, the one selling the black edition in the UK,
"Exclusive unlockable content may only be unlocked one time with a unique key designed for PS3. Unlocking and accessing such content requires broadband Internet access and the creation of a Ubisoft account." and it's the same for the xbox. So the code will not be put online, if you ask me sorry.

caswallawn_2k7
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
they have said the quests will eventually be available to all so chances are at a later date they will show up as a DLC on live/PSN

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Patrice said awhile back in an interview on Kotaku that eventually all the exclusive content was going to come to the public.

Some of you will probably be upset, but I think it has to be done. All these different editions each with their own exclusive content, region-locked, is ridiculously unfair.

El_Sjietah
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM
What bugs me about these special deals is you have to get either everything or nothing. I really want those 3 maps, but couldn't care less for all the other crap that comes with it. It's like a grocery store that only sells apples combined with 2 steaks and an eggplant.

MetalOni
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I know that it was just for all the people that were hoping to get the code online, and not have to pay for it. That was all

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/DarkRuneDragon/Sigs%20and%20Avatar/Assassins-creed-v.jpg

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I believe it was said that the bonus quests are going to come as DLC eventually, which means people who didn't order special editions aren't going to be able to download it for free with one mass code.

caswallawn_2k7
11-05-2009, 11:43 AM
you should be more clear then as the way you worded it made it sound like they would never get it.

GrandAroc
11-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
I believe it was said that the bonus quests are going to come as DLC eventually, which means people who didn't order special editions aren't going to be able to download it for free with one mass code.
Not free... DLC is rarely free... I am glad however that the 3 maps will be DLC. I want the full experience of the game without the unnecessary extras (statue, books, etc.)

Badcow68
11-06-2009, 11:30 AM
How about a way for those that are getting the M.A. Edit. to get the 3rd map from the Black Edit.? That way both would be pretty much even. The art book is ok but if you get the special guide, it come with the art section. The conspiracy book sounds like a writen version of the Linage video. Guess time will tell. Wonder how many will end up on ebay before long anyways....

If they do release the extra maps as DLC later. It would be a money source for a little on down the road.

asurmen_28
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
>.< i just realized if you preorder or ordered creed II from best buy you would get the arsenal shipyard map. So if you did that and got the master assassin edition you would have all the maps from the black edition