PDA

View Full Version : Buy a collector's edition, get an ugly game box for free

johnnyvnl
11-20-2007, 07:16 AM
First off I know why there is an ugly yellow "not for resale" banner on the game case in the collector's edition, to prevent people from selling the statue on ebay and keeping the game for profit. But now I've spent 90 euros on a collectors edition (I'm kind of a real collector, only buy collector's editions if available) and I have a very ugly box for the game itself.

Is there a way (an official one, not copying or printing the piece of paper myself) to obtain the normal box (or at least, the paper covering the box)? And I don't want to go into <random shop> and steal it :P

katz_bg
11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
well you could go into <random shop> and buy it again. otherwise i doubt you'll find another way.

Bonfire-
11-20-2007, 08:55 AM
just google Assassin's Creed cover or some like it and you should find a pic of the cover that you could then print..

johnnyvnl
11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Bonfire-:
just google Assassin's Creed cover or some like it and you should find a pic of the cover that you could then print..
As I said I don't want to print it myself. I buy a collector's edition for double the money and am allowed to expect a decent cover for the box, not some crappy OEM one :P

Bonfire-
11-20-2007, 09:16 AM
well, thats the best you can do so get on with your life, other than buy the game again..

sorry that you payed more for the same game..

Zaltair263
11-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree, this is a huge disappointment, a collector wants a pristene cover with no **** on, make your voices heard so hopefully someone hears for future reference.

To Ubisoft and other developers... Please DO NOT contaminate Special/Collectors Edition Software with slogans like "Not To Be Sold Seperately" or " Not For Rental"... It's Ugly.