PDA

View Full Version : Is Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad real?

mattiasolsen
11-22-2007, 02:08 AM
can anyone help me find info on Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad i have looked him up on Wikipedia but i can only find info on the person in the game, but is he real? or made up? cuz there is a star called Altair.... Thx in advance for answer!

stix489
11-22-2007, 02:13 AM
He's made up...like almost all the characters in games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah there's plenty of things relating to Altair...but they are all mere coincidence...or are they?

dirtybird21
11-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Altair IS a real name, So altair is "real", There could have even been an assassin named Altair, But he is made up for this game...

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
Altair IS a real name, So altair is "real", There could have even been an assassin named Altair, But he is made up for this game...

You're coming off like a ****** for trying to get technical but you're inferior spelling fails you.

Altair Ibn La-Ahad is not a real person. MOST persons and MOST events are purely fictious. I don't think I need to spell out who is real and who isn't.

GuStick93
11-22-2007, 04:57 AM
nope he dint exist,but a few of the main ppl u see did,like william de montferrat,robert de sable and of course richard the lionheart

BTOG46
11-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:

You're coming off like a ****** for trying to get technical but *you're* inferior spelling fails you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*your*
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....................

dirtybird21
11-22-2007, 05:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:

You're coming off like a ****** for trying to get technical but you're inferior spelling fails you.

Altair Ibn La-Ahad is not a real person. MOST persons and MOST events are purely fictious. I don't think I need to spell out who is real and who isn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're coming of as a ****** for... Being a ******...

Freefall69
11-22-2007, 05:27 AM

Altair Ibn La-Ahad is not a real person. MOST persons and MOST events are purely fictious. I don't think I need to spell out who is real and who isn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha In your face mate, you try and patronise someone by pointing out they spelt something wrong, and you go and do it yourself. Owned...

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:

You're coming off like a ****** for trying to get technical but *you're* inferior spelling fails you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*your*
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..................... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a grammatical error, not a spelling error. Notice how everything is spelled correctly yet there is a misplaced word?

GPNM
11-22-2007, 06:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:

*your*
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..................... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a grammatical error, not a spelling error. Notice how everything is spelled correctly yet there is a misplaced word? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Semantics.
You need to rid yourself of this whole superiority complex.

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by GPNM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

*your*

That's a grammatical error, not a spelling error. Notice how everything is spelled correctly yet there is a misplaced word? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Semantics.
You need to rid yourself of this whole superiority complex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's definitely not semantics when spelling is the question at hand. The word was spelled correctly it was just misused. And until I'm paying you $100 a session for an hypothesis I don't want, keep it to yourself. Kthx.

ocataco
11-22-2007, 06:17 AM
what was spelled wrong in the first place?

Originally posted by dirtybird21:

looks fine to me..

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by ocataco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by dirtybird21:

looks fine to me.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....-sigh- I'm not even going to bother arguing my point further because... mostly because I don't care. Actually, I think that's the only reason.

Freefall69
11-22-2007, 07:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ocataco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by dirtybird21:

looks fine to me.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....-sigh- I'm not even going to bother arguing my point further because... mostly because I don't care. Actually, I think that's the only reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you tell people to keep things to themselves when your the one that started putting people down because they punched a few wrong keys into their keyboard.

Do one...loser

BTOG46
11-22-2007, 07:14 AM
It's also unfair to criticise spelling or grammar on a forum where there are a very large number of members who do not speak English as a first language.
Although, I've often found non native English speakers to be more precise in their grammar and spelling than native English speakers.

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 10:47 AM
@Royal.Mist

...Didn't you do the same when someone spelt Grammar wrong when trying to correct someone's spelling?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuMbAzZ-:
First of all: <STRIKE>Grammer</STRIKE>

Second of all: Rush to Desmond's room and use your Eagle Vision. Look at the wall and THEN you have succeeded Assassins Creed fully. When the credits are over, you can go back into the game and use the Animus, hack computers etc.

Grammar </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So don't get all defensive when the same thing happens to you*.

*Albeit the issue is opposite.

Rogue4152
11-22-2007, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:

*your*

Semantics.
You need to rid yourself of this whole superiority complex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's definitely not semantics when spelling is the question at hand. The word was spelled correctly it was just misused. And until I'm paying you $100 a session for an hypothesis I don't want, keep it to yourself. Kthx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that should be a hypothesis since hypothesis does not start with a vowel.

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Actually, just to quickly point this out before you're murdered by grammar buffs. H is occassionally considered a vowel.. grammatically. So "an" is an appropriate .. err, prefix (?) for hypothesis.

x_101_
11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
so many pointless qoutes...Need to stop reading ridicoulosly petty arguement...But its so funny to read. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Rogue4152
11-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Actually, just to quickly point this out before you're murdered by grammar buffs. H is occassionally considered a vowel.. grammatically. So "an" is an appropriate .. err, prefix (?) for hypothesis.

so i failed at trying to sound smart http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Clonage2006
11-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Rogue4152:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:

so i failed at trying to sound smart http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you just fail at life.

Aaaand back on topic- Altair is fictional.

Tela
11-22-2007, 11:39 AM
In a video(cant remember which) Jade said his appearance is based off a model. But I'm sure he himself is a fictional character. The guys he kills are real, though.

unnamedninja
11-22-2007, 12:54 PM
That "you fail at life" thing is so lame -_-

What an utterly nasty thing to say, really.

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by unnamedninja:
That "you fail at life" thing is so lame -_-

What an utterly nasty thing to say, really.

You fail at life... no seriously I'm joking -.-

shotty78
11-22-2007, 02:15 PM
All the people you assassinate are real and died in the year 1191, though none were proved to be assassinated. Ubi did their homework on this game as is evident by the ending.

REBELYELL89
11-22-2007, 08:30 PM
haha all i can say is you need to read when you start game it mentions that altair was made up for this game but could be real blah blah blah

BURNING_undead
11-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Altair Ibn La-Ahad may not have been a real person, unfortunately. He is a character made up by the minds at Ubisoft. Even though Altair is not historically real, there may have been an assassin in the 12th century with the same name. For more info on the assassin's (yes they were a real organization that really did fight the Templars) go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashashin
Hope you learn something!

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Wow, dude...

This is ancient...

destr0lockk
12-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Wow, dude...

This is ancient...

Necro'd.