PDA

View Full Version : ATI Graphic cards--Driver Rollback

mitsco
01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I recently installes the Cat 5.1 and its causing some problems that need to be fixed by ATI.(The sun in Pacific Fighters is now a big white square,very annoying when flying towards the sun.)
I have Windows XP and I want to rollback to my previus Cat 4.10 driver which didnt have that problem.
When I go to the Device Manager and open the Dispay Adapter, I see tow items:
Radeon X800 Pro
RadeonX800 Secondary
When I check the Add/Remove Program in the Control Panel I have only one ATI Dislay Driver.

Can any ATI Graphics card owners explain what the X800 Pro Secondary is? Do I have 2 drivers?

My question is,do I have to rollback both the X800 Pro and the X800 Pro Secondary?

mitsco
01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I recently installes the Cat 5.1 and its causing some problems that need to be fixed by ATI.(The sun in Pacific Fighters is now a big white square,very annoying when flying towards the sun.)
I have Windows XP and I want to rollback to my previus Cat 4.10 driver which didnt have that problem.
When I go to the Device Manager and open the Dispay Adapter, I see tow items:
Radeon X800 Pro
RadeonX800 Secondary
When I check the Add/Remove Program in the Control Panel I have only one ATI Dislay Driver.

Can any ATI Graphics card owners explain what the X800 Pro Secondary is? Do I have 2 drivers?

My question is,do I have to rollback both the X800 Pro and the X800 Pro Secondary?

_54th_Target
01-27-2005, 04:11 PM
The ATI cards allow you to hook up two monitors to your video card. They are treated as different entities as far as resolution and refresh rates are concerned. That is why you show a primary and scondary instance of your video card. You only have to roll back the one driver ( see add/remove programs in Control panel).
_54th_Target

VOL_Mountain
01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Please provide ATI with feedback about the problems you have with Cat 5.1

See Oleg's instructions:

Report ATI Driver Problems (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=7261072862&p=1)

About the suggestion above about two monitors; I prefer to disable the second monitor.