PDA

View Full Version : Dear oleg - possible easy FMB addition

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 05:05 PM
As you may or may not know, many of users of FBs FMB feel that the FMB could be improved with the addition of 'triggers' for events in a mission at a set time, waypoint, or similar.

I was wondering if my suggestion here could be an easier to implement compromise than adding full on event or SEXP editing.

Would it be possible to do the following:

In the 'object' editing tag for aircraft, add in a 'radio command' button.

At each waypoint it would be possible to define a standard wingman-radio command. These commands are already implemented in the game. Such as 'attack flak' or 'cover me' or 'attack bombers'. I imagine all you would need to do to implement this would be to set the inbuild mission radio commands as coming from a 'superuser' inside the sim rather than just the players flight, or to the players subordinate flights.

It's a source of great frustration to me, trying to make aircraft in the FMB behave consistently. Some aircraft interpret 'attack' and 'attack target' commands from the mission file differently. Sometimes using the 'set' button to assign a specific ground target results in planes from that flight attacking nearby targets of opportunity, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes defending planes utterly ignore enemy bombers, even if the bombers are the defenders 'set' target for every waypoint. If these bugs occur only in certain circumstances in say, the 45th minute of a complex mission, it becomes almost impossible to track down what's caused the error.

On the surface the idea of just adding an extra field to the waypoint that launches a standard player radio command seems the easiest way to fix this. The radio commands always seem to work and produce consistend results in the game.

Thanks for reading, hope you are getting through your recovery from surgery.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 05:05 PM
As you may or may not know, many of users of FBs FMB feel that the FMB could be improved with the addition of 'triggers' for events in a mission at a set time, waypoint, or similar.

I was wondering if my suggestion here could be an easier to implement compromise than adding full on event or SEXP editing.

Would it be possible to do the following:

In the 'object' editing tag for aircraft, add in a 'radio command' button.

At each waypoint it would be possible to define a standard wingman-radio command. These commands are already implemented in the game. Such as 'attack flak' or 'cover me' or 'attack bombers'. I imagine all you would need to do to implement this would be to set the inbuild mission radio commands as coming from a 'superuser' inside the sim rather than just the players flight, or to the players subordinate flights.

It's a source of great frustration to me, trying to make aircraft in the FMB behave consistently. Some aircraft interpret 'attack' and 'attack target' commands from the mission file differently. Sometimes using the 'set' button to assign a specific ground target results in planes from that flight attacking nearby targets of opportunity, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes defending planes utterly ignore enemy bombers, even if the bombers are the defenders 'set' target for every waypoint. If these bugs occur only in certain circumstances in say, the 45th minute of a complex mission, it becomes almost impossible to track down what's caused the error.

On the surface the idea of just adding an extra field to the waypoint that launches a standard player radio command seems the easiest way to fix this. The radio commands always seem to work and produce consistend results in the game.

Thanks for reading, hope you are getting through your recovery from surgery.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 05:28 PM
there is already a way to make them easy, read the read me tex in your main il2 fogoten battles folder

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 06:34 PM
I've got a readme .rtf document in the main IL2FB folder.

Browsing through it I see a variety of things

1. Minimum Requirements and Recommended Requirements
2. Aircraft that require manual control for superchargers and fuel mixture. Difficulty settings "complex engine management" must be On.
3. Notice about custom skins.
4. Pilot Speech in FB
5. Additional Field of view (FOV) functions
6. Il-2 FB ships with integrated TracKIR support.
7. Tuning the campaign for low- or high-end PC.
8. Replacing faces in Campaign mode
9. Level and direction stabilization for bombers.
10. Notes on Using, Modifying and Replacing the Voice Files and Radio Chatter Text Messages
11. Maps

After reading that I'm not at all enlightened as to how I would go about scripting all aircraft in all flights on all sides with the player-standard radio messages, in a pre-scripted way at each waypoint, controlled by the .mis file. Which is what I was asking Oleg about adding in.

What did I miss?

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Bump, bla bla.