PDA

View Full Version : Petition on Behalf of the Il-2 Community

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 01:55 AM
It seems that recently, with the arrival of the greatly anticipated patch, there has been a resurgence of consternation and strife. It seems that no matter what happens, no matter what is modified, someone is always bitterly unhappy with it. If Il-2 continues in its current state, no one will ever be satisfied.

Enter this petition. Through many long hours of research and testing, I have discovered that the part of the game that never ceases to upset is the whole "flying" part. I hope that the valiant and level-headed members of the Il-2 community will join me in petitioning to remove it altogether, ensuring that nobody will ever be upset about it again. This, of course, means that Il-2 will no longer be able to be defined as a "flight simulation". Hell, it won't even be interactive anymore. Still, I (and I hope many others) believe most whole-heartedly that without this whole bothersome "flight" thingy, Il-2 Forgotten Battles will truly become a game for all time.

All other patrons of freedom and liberty who wish to aid me in creating a glorious paradise out of an embattled game, post your replies trumpeting your voices of solidarity. Together, we can claim victory against that wholly unnecessary aspect of flight simulation, FLIGHT.

"Oh no, the V-1 Doodlebug is heading for our bunghole!" ---David

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 01:55 AM
It seems that recently, with the arrival of the greatly anticipated patch, there has been a resurgence of consternation and strife. It seems that no matter what happens, no matter what is modified, someone is always bitterly unhappy with it. If Il-2 continues in its current state, no one will ever be satisfied.

Enter this petition. Through many long hours of research and testing, I have discovered that the part of the game that never ceases to upset is the whole "flying" part. I hope that the valiant and level-headed members of the Il-2 community will join me in petitioning to remove it altogether, ensuring that nobody will ever be upset about it again. This, of course, means that Il-2 will no longer be able to be defined as a "flight simulation". Hell, it won't even be interactive anymore. Still, I (and I hope many others) believe most whole-heartedly that without this whole bothersome "flight" thingy, Il-2 Forgotten Battles will truly become a game for all time.

All other patrons of freedom and liberty who wish to aid me in creating a glorious paradise out of an embattled game, post your replies trumpeting your voices of solidarity. Together, we can claim victory against that wholly unnecessary aspect of flight simulation, FLIGHT.

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 02:02 AM
^^ yo, that's ironic right? *lifts eyebrow*

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 02:33 AM
or turn it in to a RTS game, well, i guess thats already being worked on

but im actually looking forward to the RTS version, finally a fully 3d "realistic" rts game

----------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 04:18 AM
Here come the complaints about the early game Panzer rush.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 04:48 AM
No, no, you guys don't get it! Removing the "flight" part won't make it interactive at all. It won't even BE an RTS. All you'll be able to do is watch convoys trundle through villages and tanks fight using the game's graphics engine.

Come to think of it, I can imagine people complaining even without having those pesky "airplanes" to handle. "The T-34 is overmodeled!" "Tiger tanks turn too fast!" "There's a bar in front of the Opel's windshield!"

Seriously though, FB is a quality game. And remember, the "b" in "Version 1.1b" stands for "beta". A truly final patch is around the corner...and perhaps with new airplanes.

Oh shucks, instead of removing airplanes from the game altogether, they're putting more in! We're moving further and further from progress!