PDA

View Full Version : B25 Trimming

redtails_059
07-24-2007, 07:29 AM
i have found it very difficult operating the B25 on a bombing mission.I have recently been able to get the right speed using prpp pitch and throttle. However i have found it near impossible to trim the plane to fly steady at flight altitude. Especially when i have to disengage level stablizer when adjusting rudder trim. As expected i am always off course and miss the target. any suggetions.

redtails_059
07-24-2007, 07:29 AM
i have found it very difficult operating the B25 on a bombing mission.I have recently been able to get the right speed using prpp pitch and throttle. However i have found it near impossible to trim the plane to fly steady at flight altitude. Especially when i have to disengage level stablizer when adjusting rudder trim. As expected i am always off course and miss the target. any suggetions.

Crash_Moses
07-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Suggestions? Boy do I! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Click the link in my sig for full instructions...

However, you don't have to disengage the level stabilizer to use your rudder trim. It still works with the level stabilizer on.

S!

Warrington_Wolf
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redtails_059:
i have found it very difficult operating the B25 on a bombing mission.I have recently been able to get the right speed using prpp pitch and throttle. However i have found it near impossible to trim the plane to fly steady at flight altitude. Especially when i have to disengage level stablizer when adjusting rudder trim. As expected i am always off course and miss the target. any suggetions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had the same problem and I was tearing my hair out for weeks.
I put the trim on an axis rather than using buttons to trim, I have CH flight sim yoke so I used the mixture axis as trim. It takes a hell of a lot of practice to do it and I still miss sometimes (they did in RL too).
Anohter method of attack is to give put the throttle to full and scream in at treetop level, dropping bombs from treetop height (make sure that you set at least 5 seconds delay on the bombs). The second tactic was used in RL and it makes a great stress buster, nothing like blasting in, dropping your eggs and maybe strafing anything that moves depending on factors such as combat damage, flak, enemy fighters and ammunition.

Monterey13
07-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Like CM said, you can use rudder trim with level stabilizer on.

I use combat flaps to hold my altitude.

High-level bombing is soooo much more satisfying in the B-25, than carpet bombing.

leitmotiv
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
"Carpet bombing" was not low altitude precision bombing. It was the opposite. Carpet bombing was pattern bombing from medium or high altitude, i.e., what you are doing when you use the bombsight. Bombing with the bombsight always entailed imprecision. That is why the bombers bombed in formation to saturate the target, hence, "carpet bombing."

AKA_Luke
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
You need to push it to the limit.